Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The number of young, idealistic scientists found in Verge Vendor is disproportionately high? (Region Description)

Author Topic: SWTOR  (Read 1825 times)

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
SWTOR
« on: 30 Jul 2010, 10:09 »

I figure there's at least some overlap between EVE players and gamers with interest in SWTOR, if for no other reason than that we don't have enough SF-themed MMORPGs.

Anyone else here watching this? I saw Nar Shaddaa was announced today, which made me giddier than probably is healthy.

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
Re: SWTOR
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jul 2010, 11:41 »

Yep.  I know a couple ReAw pilots I talked to said they will check it out with me.  Though I couldnt imagine staying long with it, but its certainly worth a look.
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 30 Jul 2010, 15:11 »

Can't wait to get into a circle with other Sith emoting something that throws out lightning and exclaim:'UNLIMITED POWER!'

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #3 on: 30 Jul 2010, 15:18 »

Don't forget to set /mood evil and /glare at everyone else in the cantina whilst dressed in black hooded robes.

Oh, wait, that's my SWG experience biting me in the ass again.

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #4 on: 30 Jul 2010, 15:33 »

Dunno if I have the ambition to pursue this game. I think its gonna have to stand out gameplay wise for me to take the plunge. It won't be purchased on setting alone, i'll say that much.

Lillith Blackheart

• Pod Captain
« Reply #5 on: 30 Jul 2010, 16:14 »

My prediction: It will be really awesome with a solid storyline.

Once.

Then people won't play it much anymore.

I suggest BioWare is in over their heads.

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #6 on: 30 Jul 2010, 16:29 »

I believe that you could play it thru at least 8 times, once per class, as they each have their own storylines in addition to whatever else they put into it.

The game won't turn into a lifestyle choice like EVE has, at least not for me, but a group of us at work will probably have a "Wednesday night group" or something to run dungeons or whatever together. And I have enough friends from SWG intending to play that I'll at least explore their server, assuming they don't single-shard it (which I don't expect).

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 31 Jul 2010, 20:41 »

I can't see SWTOR becoming as big in my life as EVE is, for two simple reasons:

1, I don't have the cash for a permanent MMO subscription. I don't make huge light of it, but I'm mostly playing EVE on ISK-bought PLEXs, and only occasionally tapping my RL money for subscription fees.

2, RL time allotment. I'm hugely in love with EVE's strategic/competative nature, as well as the tactical knowledge required to win PvP engagements. I just can't fall that much in love with an MMO that doesn't feature such, although SWTOR's addition of dynamically changing "classes" is a step in the right direction.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #8 on: 01 Aug 2010, 13:35 »

It looks like crap.

/non-constructive comment of day.

Wanoah

• Omelette
  • Sweating spinal fluid
    • Hello!
« Reply #9 on: 03 Aug 2010, 12:54 »

Want KOTOR 3 tbqfh.
Nothing worth saying is inoffensive to everyone

Blog | Fiction

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
« Reply #10 on: 04 Aug 2010, 18:00 »

Want KOTOR 3 tbqfh.

Agreed.

I heard one of the devs say in an interview that this game is KOTOR 3 through wherever they end up after expansions, but as much as I want to play it I'm not expecting much. I will definitely go through it once as a bounty hunter and maybe as a sith, but unless there's some good RP to be had I doubt Ill stay with it.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon