Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the connections inside a pod serve as both communications pathways and security wiring? (The Burning Life, p 30)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Watch Dogs!  (Read 1455 times)

Makoto Priano

Re: Watch Dogs!
« Reply #15 on: 27 May 2014, 09:19 »

Downloading now. I'll have a name for you after work.

Makoto Priano

« Reply #16 on: 27 May 2014, 20:38 »

'makotopriano'

Now time to try this bad boy out.

Makoto Priano

« Reply #17 on: 28 May 2014, 23:33 »

So. My experience so far is basically that it's way too easy to prevent being hacked. I've never once successfully invaded a target, nor successfully invaded one. There are never large enough crowds to make it impossible to identify a mark, and any fancy moves you make will make you instantly identifiable to the opfor-- but without those fancy moves, any half-brained opponent will have an easy time identifying you anyway. So. vOv

Right now, it just feels like dressed-up GTA.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #18 on: 29 May 2014, 10:03 »

Funny, I'm doing quite well with invasions.

Hell, I'm ranked in the top 19% global.

The trick is, act like the NPC's, and, if found out, ignore the prompts, kill the fucker, and enjoy partial credit.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Makoto Priano

« Reply #19 on: 29 May 2014, 10:05 »

Oh. Right. It's always the running-away that gets me.

Just shoot them. That'll be my plan now. :x And acting like NPCs is easy enough-- I guess I just need to read into the controls to find the walk button, instead of trying to find an appropriate nook to hide in.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #20 on: 29 May 2014, 11:22 »

Yeah, I've won a few by literally walking right past a freaking-out enemy who isn't scanning properly. I had one guy run into me and sprint off, looking for all the 'gamer' type spots.

Mind you, when the hack gets far along, they like to fire a few rounds in the air to make the 'real' NPCs freak out and run. Do so in kind, join the herd.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!
Pages: 1 [2]