Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that the Minmatar military specifically recruits hardened criminals for service in its elite Valklear units, and that many of the Republic's most senior officers were originally recruited in this way?

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: CONCORD  (Read 3446 times)

Kaito Haakkainen

• Wetgraver
  • May have skimmed the Book of Emptiness
Re: CONCORD
« Reply #15 on: 20 Mar 2011, 05:39 »

On CONCORD not stopping the incursions (and the empire navies too):

The expansion trailer suggests to me that since the build-up ended the target of incursions has been the capsuleers. While CONCORD polices them it is not their role to protect capsuleers from anything but other capsuleers in hi-sec (and that probably to ensure that capsuleers working for the empires aren't overly impeded). The empires made quite the fuss over misuse of assets during the Code Aria inquiry so it is likely that, as with may things that can't be kept private, their hands are tied.

I do find it interesting that CONCORD didn't make more of a showing during the build-up. It is possible that if the Jovians were having issues then, as a member nation whose assets cannot be allowed to fall into Nations hands, CONCORD focused their efforts there.

It's all just complex hand-waving, there's been very little PF on exactly what is and what isn't within CONCORDs sphere and what there is has only served to make things even more complex. It's barely understandable exactly what CONCORD is now. They've been a hall of diplomacy, a police force, a tool of the Jovians, a defender against external threats, peacekeepers, strongly involved in the clusters economy, etc. In PF it has grown beyond it's original roles and become its own entity and it seems either CCP hasn't taken the time to define exactly what this new faction is or they are holding back some surprises from Yulia for later.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
Re: CONCORD
« Reply #16 on: 20 Mar 2011, 20:09 »

Principle of CONCORD:
Actions that disrupt interstellar trade and/or threaten civilisations, are A Bad Thing.

That's pretty much it.

Random acts of violence (pirate actions and pirate organisations) are frowned upon, while corporate wars are not overly important, as third parties can use competitor organisations for their trade, so long as no civilisation-ending actions are committed.

Destroying planetary ecosystems + civilisations falls under "A Bad Thing", as with the cluster being so well mapped, then there's a very real risk that an all out war would result in the extinction of humanity. So the heaviest weapons are put away.

As far as I know, there's various Yulai Conventions on space warfare (you see them in those mails you get when wars expire i think).

Attacking Concord pretty much says you don't agree with those conventions, and as such, the heaviest weapons may be used against you without any fear of reprisals.
\o/
Pages: 1 [2]