EVE-Online RP Discussion and Resources > Non-EVE Fiction

PRIMEVAL: An ARK Playthrough

<< < (2/4) > >>

Vikarion:
Day 2.

I got up feeling cold, tired, and hungry. I did at least have some meat left over from yesterday. Mmm, cold meat. Wish I had some bread. A sandwich would be awesome. How many days has it been back in California, I wonder? Time is strange here, or the days are, at least.

Anyway, I managed to gather enough plant fibers and to kill and skin a giant frog for its hide to make a set of basic clothing. Nothing really practical or protective, but enough for modesty. What I wouldn't give for a Target, or even a Walmart. Blue Jeans seem like a luxury right now.

I've also decided to move. I don't like being so close to the giant obelisk, and this hut sucks. Also, I wanted to see what else is around the island. So I spent the morning building a raft. I used fallen logs and a couple I managed to fell for the raft, and set up a crude mast and tiller. On the mast I stretched some frog hide as a sail. Have I mentioned, dear diary, that frog hide is very stretchy? It is.

On a completely unrelated note, giant frog tastes weird.

Anyhoo, once built...
[spoiler][/spoiler]
...the raft proved rather seaworthy. Well, of course, rivers and seas here are very calm. It took a little work to move it downstream, but the wind cooperated and the tiller worked just fine. I sailed north a bit, and then back south-east, away from the obelisk. There were a lot of good views, too:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

I've been mapping out the coast of the island, and I've found a spot I think I can make a little more permanent, with a more protected location and fewer of the local wildlife. I hope. I plan to set up on this beach:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Good luck to me!

-Victoria

Vikarion:
Day 2.

Well, I'm back at the site. I say "back", because I got teleported again. Or something. What happened was that I encountered another one of those small, hostile dinosaurs and it spit something at me. Whatever it was, it hurt, and even though I killed the bastard, I started feeling light-headed, like I was going to black out. And then I was back at my hut. Minus my equipment.

I'm starting to wonder if I'm some sort of specimen or something, to be kept in a particular location. Well, nuts to that. I spent the rest of the day building another raft and assembling some tools, and sailed it back south. My original raft was still there.

So now I have two rafts. Yay, I guess.

Vikarion:
Day 3.

I spent most of today exploring up the river. Wasted trip, really. The further up you go, the more the river turns into a giant swamp. It's infested by giant snakes (hostile), large ant-like bugs (hostile, though not much of a threat), and giant dragonflies (yes, those are also hostile). Oh, and giant frogs. And it's hot and humid, which sucks.

Anyway, no blackouts or teleportations today.

I did spot one of these:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

It was hunting in the river. I didn't get too close, because, well, it looks like that dinosaur from Jurassic Park 3.

I really gotta get to building my house.

Vikarion:
Day 4.

Well, I solved the mystery behind the "teleportations". I'm pretty disturbed by it all.

I was working on my new hut, which is on top of a hill, and returning to the river for some water, when I tripped and fell. I heard a crack, and then woke up at my hut, again. I didn't want to build yet another raft, so I started trying to make my way along the coast. I was swimming through a river when I saw something coming for me. I tried to get away, and then I got bit, and then I was waking up by my rafts.

I was pretty disoriented by that point, and I started to head for where I was building my hut, when I stumbled over this:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

It was my body.

It's pretty upsetting to find yourself staring at your own dead body, it turns out. But it looks like every time I "teleported", I'd actually died. In this case, I guess she - I, I mean - broke my neck when I tripped.

I don't know what to think of this. I mean, I think I'm the same person. I'm pretty sure I am. And I guess that's what the implant in my arm is for: to transmit my mind to a new body, if I had to guess. None of the animals I've killed had one.

Like I wrote above, I'm pretty upset about this. I don't really like the idea of having died, or of dying. On the other hand, it's kinda freeing. I can risk things more, since I'll come back. Heck, I could probably do things that I know will kill me, just because I know I won't stay dead.

Of course, there's the philosophical question of whether this new me is really me, but I think so. We change all the atoms in our body every 7 years or so, right? So I'm just doing it faster, I guess. I hope.

Man, this is a little too much to think about at the moment. This is all too weird. I'm going to sleep now. On my raft.

Vikarion:
Day 5.

Spent the entire day working on the new house, with one exception. I finally tried investigating one of the smaller obelisks:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

When I approached it, it shattered into shards that quickly disintegrated, but inside it was a ton of building supplies.

Building supplies.

I've been running away from obelisks full of building supplies apparently designed to help me out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version