Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Guristas pirate organization was started by two deserters from the Caldari navy? Fatal and the Rabbit?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Calling for SPCS'ers and/or big time amarrian slavers  (Read 3195 times)

Saikoyu

• Omelette

Or anyone else who can fake it really good.  I am looking to start an event with hopefully plenty of pew pew, however it needs a bit of OOC coordination with an amarrian slaver, though I don't suppose I would mind a pirate slaver. 

I know the SPCS use to run around with events something like this, but apparently they have all gone or something, I tried Archbishop, but I was told he's not around often.  So if anyone knows someone from SPCS, or some other Amarrian/Khanid into slavery, or any priates who want to make a big (hopefully huge) splat, please let me know here and we'll see what we can cook up.

Sinjin Mokk

• Egger
  • One Kingdom, One King!
    • Dark Amarr
Re: Calling for SPCS'ers and/or big time amarrian slavers
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jun 2011, 23:30 »

Hrm...Amarr/Khanid/pirate slaver...

You know...I might just know one.   :yar:

Tell me more?

Kemekk

• Amarrian Ultranationalist
  • Wetgraver
  • Dei ta Reshios
« Reply #2 on: 28 Jun 2011, 00:28 »

I'd be willing to do the slaving! Hit me up ingame.

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #3 on: 28 Jun 2011, 00:46 »

I'm a hobby slave breeder, so...

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette
« Reply #4 on: 28 Jun 2011, 09:33 »

What did you have in mind?
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"

Saikoyu

• Omelette
« Reply #5 on: 29 Jun 2011, 15:29 »

Well, the more the better I would think for this, so I'll give the basic sketch out here.

I was hoping to kick off a one time event that was a fleet fight, but I wanted it to mean something.  So, the idea was for one or several Amarrian slavers/traditionalists to host a slave market in some low sec station, annouance it in some fashion, and on that day "someone" comes in and raids it.  Station battle ensues and later we can all crow about it on IGS.  However as this goes, this time we could actually say we saved this many/rescued this many/killed this many slaves as laid out below.

The space stuff is simple, but to simulate the raiding of the market, I propose the following.  The slavers will actually buy slaves and bring them to the station, while the raiders will buy marines or other martial passengers.  Both the slavers and the raiders will have one person on the station who they will transfer their cargos to, and then those two people will trade slaves and marines betweeen themselves at some exchange rate (two slaves per marine or something) to similuate the raiding.  This would hopefully get rid of the issue of the raiders just buying the slaves and then saying they "stole" them, and the issue of the slavers giving up a lot of isk without getting something back (you can keep the marines as prisoners or whatever).  And then the raiders undock and try and fight their way clear. 

Anyway, the idea in short, details can be covered later.  What do you think?

Sinjin Mokk

• Egger
  • One Kingdom, One King!
    • Dark Amarr
« Reply #6 on: 29 Jun 2011, 17:52 »

I like it!

What about things like Passenger slavers, slave hounds, dancing girls, etc?

Lyn Farel

« Reply #7 on: 30 Jun 2011, 05:37 »

I like it and I approve what Sinjin said. Lets add some variation to the slave population, it would be more immersive ("Wtf ? We were going for slaves and all that we saved were hounds !" "Sorry sir, the slaves all died in the fight" "shake fist* etc etc)

On another side I would do it more realistically for the slave/marine exchange. Lets say you raid something. Usually you have a security guarding the property (here the slaves). Add marines and stuff like that on both sides. Once some enemy marines get in, make them kill each other. Make some of them get out of the station successfully with slaves, so that would also mean that you can perfectly give back to the raiders slaves accompanied by marines, which sounds more realistic anyway.

You can also make sure that the one/ones managing the station assault are regularily transmitting reports to their respective sides of what is going on and how many troops/slaves are still here or died.

Saikoyu

• Omelette
« Reply #8 on: 01 Jul 2011, 13:16 »

Sounds good to me.  Maybe a few slavers could be added as well. 

For the trading, shall we keep it simple, one raider mutually kills off one guard, reguardless of what either actually is, as long as it makes sense?  For instance the raiders could be marines, or freedom fighters, or maybe faction marines, but they would all count the same. 

Aside from that, I see that at least some people like this idea, so who wants to sign up as coordinator on the other side, and when would people want to do this?  I was figuring on a few weeks to get things ready, and have it on a weekend mid to late afternoon eve time so that most people would have a chance to participate if they wanted.  Maybe the 16th or 23rd?  Opinions?

Chell Charon

• Egger
  • IC: Main> Lord Crow Alts> Too many
« Reply #9 on: 01 Jul 2011, 15:42 »

*Expression of intrest*

*Compliment to originator*

*Demand for slaverhounds to count as defenders*

:D
1. Think what you are about to say.
2. Know why you are about to speak up.
-This is here for me, I need the reminder.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #10 on: 02 Jul 2011, 08:07 »

If you need an OOC neutral arbiter I can help (obviously Lyn is not going to get involved in either parties of that).

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #11 on: 02 Jul 2011, 20:23 »

Maybe the 16th or 23rd?  Opinions?

Won't be around on either of those days, unfortunately.  :( Perhaps move them 1 day up (to Sunday)? Dunno how that works for anyone else.

Also, in a planning note - how far ahead of things would this be announced? Would it even be publicly announced? It might get more interaction than those of us who read these forums alone showing up.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Saikoyu

• Omelette
« Reply #12 on: 04 Jul 2011, 22:09 »

Chell, I might be convinced.

Lyn, thanks, and I might take you up on that, if you want to sit in station and take trades from both sides and do the math.

For the days, I was just throwing it out there.  I figured that the weekend would be the best overall time for people to get involved and I thought two weeks hence would be enough time to get everything organized.  As for the planning, I was thinking that who ever was running the slave market would either make a post on the IGS, or at least find some way that I could find out, and them each of us would have two weeks or so to gather whatever forces (ships and "passengers") that we could.  Which brings me to ask, does anyone want to take the lead on the slaver side?

Rodj Blake

• Egger
  • Amarr Victor Meldrew
« Reply #13 on: 05 Jul 2011, 03:47 »

I have made Archbishop aware of this thread.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #14 on: 05 Jul 2011, 05:28 »

Lyn, thanks, and I might take you up on that, if you want to sit in station and take trades from both sides and do the math.

With pleasure. I like to do ungrateful GM stuff. ^^
Pages: [1] 2