Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Eleutherian Guard, a capsuleer organisation, is a semi-independent paramilitary unit that answers to the Federal Security Council?

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: [Dust 514] (Beta sign up) Mordu's Private Trials  (Read 6034 times)

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!

Mordu's Private Trials are now accepting submissions!

http://www.videogamer.com/pc/eve_online/news/dust_514_closed_beta_sign_ups_live.html

Looks like ICly Mordu's Legion is pmuch definitely the developer and first user.

Incidentally, will these trails have any actual effect on the current EVE universe or are we going to have to wait till the actual release?

« Last Edit: 03 Jan 2012, 09:25 by Nmaro Makari »
The very model of a British Minmatarian

Kybernetes Moros

Re: [Dust 514] (Beta sign up) Mordu's Private Trials
« Reply #1 on: 03 Jan 2012, 09:10 »

That a beta is set with the Legion needn't translate to them being the first to develop or use the technology. Could be neat I guess, but without a console v0v

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
« Reply #2 on: 03 Jan 2012, 09:23 »

That a beta is set with the Legion needn't translate to them being the first to develop or use the technology. Could be neat I guess, but without a console v0v

Fair point... they're going to be the ones bringing it forward though which could make for interesting developments. I think they've been pretty silent till now.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #3 on: 03 Jan 2012, 09:47 »

Ugh, someone's claiming a Devblog as IC knowledge.  :|

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=53404&find=unread

Also insinuating capsuleers can be DUST mercs.

When does this book come out, so we can talk about this stuff without looking silly immediately after?

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #4 on: 03 Jan 2012, 10:10 »

When does this book come out, so we can talk about this stuff without looking silly immediately after?

some outlets have sent the book out already, e.g. itunes, some other places.

a CVA guy has written http://failheap-challenge.com/showthread.php?5035-DEVBLOG-the-third-eve-novel-eve-templar-one&p=332932&viewfull=1#post332932

so, we'll see.
\o/

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #5 on: 03 Jan 2012, 11:23 »

well then

I am hopeful the novel and upcoming press releases clarify the exact nature of this soldier program. As it existed (seemingly) in different forms before the Sansha's unveiled their civilization-wide mass cloning, I'm curious as to who started where first and how each one works.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Vieve

• Unreliable Narrator
  • Omelette
  • The Dark Powers Are Always Happy To Help
« Reply #6 on: 03 Jan 2012, 14:43 »

some outlets have sent the book out already, e.g. itunes, some other places.

My Kindle pre-order showed up yesterday.  Haven't read it yet, though (*points at work inbox*).

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
« Reply #7 on: 03 Jan 2012, 15:14 »

Spit it out, Graelyn. If you think I'm doing it wrong, say so.

Akrasjel Lanate

• Omelette
« Reply #8 on: 04 Jan 2012, 03:23 »

...doing it wrong, ...

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #9 on: 04 Jan 2012, 03:46 »

Wrong.  You're doing it.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #10 on: 04 Jan 2012, 07:23 »

Yeah, gonna buy a PS3 for this. Have and will always be a twitch-based gamer, and getting a bit fed up of how EVE works. LOVE the universe, not so much the gameplay (doesn't matter how good a ship looks, you have to be zoomed out for PvP. also, all the spaceships look shit compared to actual space simulations like the X series [/realfuckingbittervet])

Will make up some fiction for Seri having some cloning failure and can only be preserved by becoming a DUSTie or something. So then he can make edgy/gritty statements like "I never asked for this" etc.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #11 on: 04 Jan 2012, 07:39 »

Will make up some fiction for Seri having some cloning failure and can only be preserved by becoming a DUSTie or something. So then he can make edgy/gritty statements like "I never asked for this" etc.

Long lost identical twin ?

or alternatively: in the empyrean age, there was that guy that was reanimated without memories. FDU black ops shenaniganery.

Then FDU Luminaire General Inhonores can meet Marine Captain Inhonores and they can say to each other. "You're a handsome man, bro"

\o/
\o/

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #12 on: 04 Jan 2012, 07:54 »

There has been no news announcement from Mordu's Legion asking for capsuleer participation as such the dev blog is entirely OOC information. Further, we (I) have not read the book yet (Templar One) so we cannot really discuss too much on what it reveals on stuff that is supposed to be common knowledge before we do. But already from the name does it strongly imply that the DUST technology is being developed by the Amarr (5:14 refers to the Scriptures even) and what I can read on DUST marines they appear to be using a completely different cloning technology to capsuleers, so starting talking about why Mordu is promoting the technology seems like a topic for the future.

So yeah, your chracter just made a mention about some completely unknown technology for all of our characters in an expectation that we actually know what you are talking about. Anyhow, I am excited about these news and have signed up for the beta though I have no Playestation 3 (yet) and I expect we can have IC discussions on the topic later when IC news have been released on the subject.
« Last Edit: 04 Jan 2012, 08:07 by Myyona »
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
  • Beware of Geeks bearing GIFs.
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #13 on: 04 Jan 2012, 11:20 »

Then FDU Luminaire General Inhonores can meet Marine Captain Inhonores and they can say to each other. "You're a handsome man, bro"

Instantly I think of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt3_BeT3gGI
"I blame society for anything I've said that you disagree with."

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #14 on: 04 Jan 2012, 14:21 »

Yeah, gonna buy a PS3 for this. Have and will always be a twitch-based gamer, and getting a bit fed up of how EVE works. LOVE the universe, not so much the gameplay (doesn't matter how good a ship looks, you have to be zoomed out for PvP. also, all the spaceships look shit compared to actual space simulations like the X series [/realfuckingbittervet])

Disappointed. Really the X series's ships are crap compared to EVE. But well, **Opinion**. I didn't expect you to ditch EVE due to the control system, though.

Then again I'm the one who love EVE's control system because it helps combat lagg and other crap and so long as one's PC can handle most combat 1v1 to, say, minor skirmishes without having to zoom out all the time, it's pretty nice. Least it beats the WoW style controls where trying to stay behind one's opponent to exploit a blind-spot in laggy combat is considered 'a good move'. Lamers.

And finally, twitch-based shooters are likely the best controls in my opinion too; if your playing a FPS game or a ground-based game, that is. I don't think twitch-shooting setups would work in EVE. I like my bigger ships as well as my frigates.
Pages: [1] 2 3