Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

When level 4s first came out, they used the Belt NPCs and not the lesser Complex NPCs?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17

Author Topic: Who's left in RP?  (Read 32275 times)

Jace

• Veteran
Re: Who's left in RP?
« Reply #60 on: 01 Mar 2014, 08:25 »

If Graelyn is back, everyone spam his mailbox 30+ times a day with exotic dancer adverts.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #61 on: 01 Mar 2014, 08:27 »

If Graelyn is back, everyone spam his mailbox 30+ times a day with exotic dancer adverts.

Better this than the usual whine "OMG SUCH AND SUCH MOD WAS HORRIBLE TO ME BY MUTING ME even though I kept misbehaving despite multiple warnings but that doesn't matter THEY ARE BAD DO SOMETHING" crap his inbox gets filled with.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #62 on: 01 Mar 2014, 08:30 »

That, too. But make it complains about mods that don't exist.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #63 on: 01 Mar 2014, 23:03 »

Ohai Gaiz.

I also return!

Heya Mathra!
Oh shit!  Welcome back youse two too!

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #64 on: 02 Mar 2014, 05:19 »

I'm resubbed to get my name on the stone monstrosity, but I didn't bother actually installing the game. But you folks can like, mail me or something if you like and I will attempt some RP :P

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Rin Kaelestria

• Egger
  • The fluffly Rinyan!
« Reply #65 on: 02 Mar 2014, 13:18 »

*crawls out from under a rock*

Well, I never thought I would see the day I came back but *ahem*

Ohai Gaiz.
It's nice to see that a few familar faces are still here

It's a MATH'RA! OHAI THAR!!!  :cube:

Gorion

• Clonejack
« Reply #66 on: 05 Mar 2014, 00:52 »

We'll also see what occurs with Rote rejoining "civilized" society. I am looking forward to having some people to talk to about RP related stuff as allies for once.

Davlos

• Egger
  • Purveyor of Horrible Images
« Reply #67 on: 19 May 2014, 17:23 »

*lurks*

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #68 on: 19 May 2014, 17:33 »

We'll also see what occurs with Rote rejoining "civilized" society. I am looking forward to having some people to talk to about RP related stuff as allies for once.

It did spur some interesting back-and-forth on the CVA forums.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #69 on: 19 Jun 2014, 14:25 »

Gallente RP is currently the most dead by far. The are at least semi-active RP corps in all the other factions, but Moira/EG were the last ones standing for Gallente and they are pretty much just PvP now.

This pretty much. Moira is IIRC 95% PVP now 5% rest, Eleutherian Guard elected to abandon it's always-IC-in-Corp policy and be RP only in image, because it was strangling it's activity ratios. Literally no-one outside of 5 members were interested and two of those left after a couple months. The corp is practically 100% PVP now, with the only RP being a corp description and ranking system that's IC and some radnom spoofs here and there being IC.

It's the same old story. Pro-Federation RP, as a group, is super-hard-mode and don't survive for long, either dying completely (STRIX, Acheron, etc etc etc) or they morph into RP-lite then RP-never groups. I guess that's the way it will always be.

With the lack of any real Pro-Fed RP groups to be antagonistic/apathetic to I get the feeling that the ILF is drying up as well. It's hard to be separatists when there is nothing to oppose or be opposed by :/

[spoiler]Hoping for a "you are wrong because X Y Z is alive and well" response to this, especially if X, Y and Z are different groups as well...[/spoiler]

That's EvE though. It's always been like that.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #70 on: 19 Jun 2014, 18:35 »

I think most everyone is RP-lite.  You have to be to grow beyond a small core of RPers.

V. Gesakaarin

« Reply #71 on: 19 Jun 2014, 22:27 »

STRIX died because I didn't adapt it in the way I felt it should have, and because "pro-Fed" tends to become far too generalist as regards organizational focus and objectives. You achieve nothing if everyone wants to be precious and do their own things.

Pyre Falcon today, is the result of what I believed STRIX should have been then. Its present success and viability only justifies in my mind that I was correct in my thinking, that a narrow focus with a specific outlook is better than being inclusive.

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #72 on: 19 Jun 2014, 23:58 »

[spoiler]Hoping for a "you are wrong because X Y Z is alive and well" response to this, especially if X, Y and Z are different groups as well...[/spoiler]

Not sure if we'd count for that, but ANSH goings on in Placid are building up, and the IPI are still doing things  :)

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #73 on: 20 Jun 2014, 04:01 »

STRIX died because I didn't adapt it in the way I felt it should have, and because "pro-Fed" tends to become far too generalist as regards organizational focus and objectives. You achieve nothing if everyone wants to be precious and do their own things.

Pyre Falcon today, is the result of what I believed STRIX should have been then. Its present success and viability only justifies in my mind that I was correct in my thinking, that a narrow focus with a specific outlook is better than being inclusive.

In my opinion you could not make this work under a pro-fed angle, because of a severe lack of bodies willing to make that work. IMHO one of the reasons your current corp with it's narrow focus worked so well was a vastly larger pool of bodies to recruit from, as pro-state RP is the "group" with the least trouble finding players.

As it stands, you have become part of the long list of people who went Fed->something else. There is nothing wrong with that as no-one can dictate what you play as or for or whatever, but it's still a sad state of affairs how the list of people who have abandoned fed RP for whatever else is more entertaining. There are ex-Fed pirates of all stripes, your older toon went Angel IIRC, there are ex-Fed State-supporters, you toon was this for a while too IIRC, there are ex-Fed Sansha, and plenty of people who have left active pro-Fed RP to do their own things, and I'm technically one of them.

My point still stands. In a tread asking who is left in RP only the Amarr, Caldari, Minmatar and a mix of pretty much anything else will raise their hands, The Feds are clinically dead and have been for a while now, and as far as I'm concerned this is a shame. It's just that I don't know what to even begin to do with it.

Not sure if we'd count for that, but ANSH goings on in Placid are building up, and the IPI are still doing things  :)

Technically you don't. ANSH are Serpentis IIRC and IPI are Intaki separatists :3
« Last Edit: 20 Jun 2014, 04:04 by BloodBird »

V. Gesakaarin

« Reply #74 on: 20 Jun 2014, 04:54 »

In my opinion you could not make this work under a pro-fed angle, because of a severe lack of bodies willing to make that work. IMHO one of the reasons your current corp with it's narrow focus worked so well was a vastly larger pool of bodies to recruit from, as pro-state RP is the "group" with the least trouble finding players.

I haven't actively sought recruitment in over a year, and when I did the attrition rate was at around 80-90% because they didn't meet my standards and desired outlook both to RP and the game.

I believe in quality, not quantity.

Strix failed because I didn't recruit the qualities required to ensure long term viability for a PvP oriented corp that RP's.

As for pro-Fed RP, well it's there that I learned that when you're too busy trying to be the "nice guys" you're likely to just end up nowhere and activity declines due to lack of content.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17