Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Frentix is a very powerful painkiller?

Author Topic: G'day Ya'll  (Read 1636 times)

MuteWitness

• Sinner
  • Clonejack
G'day Ya'll
« on: 21 Aug 2011, 22:41 »

Well g’day there my fellow Sci-Fi role playing enthusiasts.

I'm extremely new to Eve online (Just over a day old… Yes, just a day) and while I know that entitles me no respect, I assure you all that my time here will be dedicated; I shall strive to be nothing but useful and polite to the best of my ability.

I'm Australian...

Good, the awkward silence and laughter is over (I guess that was a joke…haha?) this will mean my time zone is seriously weird/wack/futuristic compared to most. It does not explain why I am weird/wack/futuristic however. This is something unexplainable, sorry.

I enjoy Role playing to an almost extreme level (Big surprise there, considering after a day of my new favourite game I’m already on a RP forum)
As I wish to be a writer of a more tremendously awe inspiring calibre, I will be ‘practising’ as much fan fiction here, including stories involving my main character’s past and present. I enjoy role playing as it lets me delve into the imagination and freedom that is generally locked away during my 'seriously radical' life.

Though I am new and willing to join a Corporation, I understand that most require me to have learned the ropes thoroughly for a few weeks first. Something I am glad most of you do and even gives me confidence in the calibre of people I will be playing with, once I have earned my position as comrade.

This is merely me saying to you "G'day, I'm new. How’s it going?"

I hope to have a seriously good yarn with all of you some day. Till then have a lovely day, and know I shall soon be looking for a Corp in the near future.

Post Script: I shall be writing up a short Bio/History of my first character soon. Please keep and eye out and let me know what you think. Please understand that while I have read bountiful loads of history online, one can never quite get the full grasp of a world without living in it. So if the if there are slight imperfections, don’t judge, just let me know. 

Cheers.
Duke Strothavich - Grease Monkey

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
Re: G'day Ya'll
« Reply #1 on: 21 Aug 2011, 23:07 »

G'day.

The AU TZ has more RPers than you might think.  ;)

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 21 Aug 2011, 23:33 »

Welcome mate, you'll find there are a lot of Aussies, Kiwis and other assorted downunderans (as well as insomniac Americans) who play in your TZ. 

Best advice I can give you on your character is give yourself a basic idea of who he or she will be, and then let yourself and your character grow a bit as you learn EVE.  EVE can be maddeningly tough to learn, and there is a lot to do, and you simply dont want to pigeon hole yourself with a character before you have the chance to get to know the game and what you enjoy about it. 

Oh, and the lore can be a bitch to learn as well, and is sometimes subject to change, so give yourself room for the occasional background mulligan.

Also: Beware of a Ghost bringing gifts.  You'll know what I mean soon enough.
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #3 on: 22 Aug 2011, 00:01 »

Hallo!
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #4 on: 22 Aug 2011, 05:21 »

Malcolm Khross

« Reply #5 on: 22 Aug 2011, 06:39 »

Hey there and welcome aboard!

Vieve

• Unreliable Narrator
  • Omelette
  • The Dark Powers Are Always Happy To Help
« Reply #6 on: 22 Aug 2011, 10:00 »

Oh, great.  More Australian Roleplayers.  Have I Not Been Mentally Scarred Enough?

Er.

Right.  This isn't about me.   Hi!  I'm sure someone will be around with cookies or illicit substances shortly.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 22 Aug 2011, 10:48 »

The Aussies/Kiwis/assorted downunderians are actually quite legion. Welcome!
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

MuteWitness

• Sinner
  • Clonejack
« Reply #8 on: 24 Aug 2011, 06:00 »

Good to be here lads and ladies, and thank you for the warm reception. Slowly learning everything I believe I will need to play safely. Hope to meet some of you In-Game soon.
Duke Strothavich - Grease Monkey

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #9 on: 24 Aug 2011, 07:17 »

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #10 on: 24 Aug 2011, 12:49 »