Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The number of young, idealistic scientists found in Verge Vendor is disproportionately high? (Region Description)

Author Topic: Returning player looking for something new  (Read 1650 times)

Merahl

• Clonejack
Returning player looking for something new
« on: 30 May 2011, 01:06 »

Well hello there, Backstage.

After a year or so out, I can finally afford Eve again! I don't have the time to dedicate to my old Eve-live yet so I'm starting off fresh, at least for a while. I've done my share of tabletop/pen & paper stuff, but never any Eve rp.

I played Eve once or twice in the very early early days, but didn't have time to really get into it until about four years ago. The darker sci fi setting and the amount of background material is inspiring to me, it's the rpg I always wanted to sit around a table for with friends and a bunch of dice.

I didn't know where to start (again), so I spent a few days creating random characters and Merahl had the most personality. He's a military veteran who accepted the chance to become a pilot. That's really all I've got so far. I'm looking forward to filling out his background more.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
Re: Returning player looking for something new
« Reply #1 on: 30 May 2011, 01:15 »

Welcome fresh meat!

Do you have any idea what your looking to get into? If you do, there are likely specific folks who can help you out with any questions, and even if you don't there are several who could help ya anyhow :P

May I ask, a veteran from what military? State?

Look around the site while you are here. There are plenty of helpful stuff here, like PF guides and info, among other stuff.

Merahl

• Clonejack
« Reply #2 on: 30 May 2011, 01:28 »

Merahl is Sebiestor, so the Minmatar military. I messed around with my bio for an afternoon, so this is what it says right now - [spoiler]Name: Ronuken, Merahl K.
DoB: 075.07.22
PoB: Ingunn V M19 Republic Justice Department Tribunal
Race: Minmatar / Deteis
Tribe / Clan: Sebiestor / Simnar
Height / Build: 185cm / Lean, Trained
Tattoos: Simnar Clan, Military service marks, Clear Gaze, unnamed geometric design on palm of left hand

The eldest child of Republic judiciary Hakkol Ronuken and an unnamed Deteis male, Ronuken fast-tracked into the Republic Military School at the age of sixteen, graduating with distinction in intel and analysis. Unsatisfied with a desk job, he applied for field training and deployment and served as an intelligence analyst with ground forces on several worlds.

With the advent of modern capsule technology, Ronuken accepted the opportunity of suitability testing; he scored highly, but did not accept further training until several years later with the reasoning that it would allow him to better serve his people.[/spoiler]
I'm familiar with the backstory and I've been lurking for a couple weeks :yar: I'm not really sure where I want to start, I figure I'll go with the flow and see how things turn out.

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #3 on: 30 May 2011, 01:43 »

Hi there!
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Cheiftan

• Clonejack
« Reply #4 on: 30 May 2011, 12:32 »

Heya mate, welcome to the crazy train, beware of bloodbird, sharp teeth and fresh meat are not good combos

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #5 on: 30 May 2011, 13:47 »

Greetings from the Amarr end of things!
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #6 on: 30 May 2011, 14:09 »

Welcome, can interest you as well in some fresh pancakes?

Merahl

• Clonejack
« Reply #7 on: 30 May 2011, 14:25 »

Those are some hot looking pancakes.

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #8 on: 30 May 2011, 14:31 »

Hey Merahl, I know you from the Summit!  :D

Merahl

• Clonejack
« Reply #9 on: 30 May 2011, 14:53 »

Hey Merahl, I know you from the Summit!  :D
I'm not surprised  :) It seemed like the best place to start.

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #10 on: 30 May 2011, 15:17 »

I have to say your avatar is well made. I find myself mesmerized at it when I look at the picture.  :eek:

Merahl

• Clonejack
« Reply #11 on: 30 May 2011, 16:03 »

I have to say your avatar is well made. I find myself mesmerized at it when I look at the picture.  :eek:
Well thank you! Third time is the charm and all that. I'm quite happy with it. My first two tries didn't have as much personality.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #12 on: 31 May 2011, 08:21 »

If its a new character, i strongly recommend you run all the tutorial agents and then the newbie epic arc, all in all provides a 100mill total when you finish all those.

Welcome back

Merahl

• Clonejack
« Reply #13 on: 31 May 2011, 17:30 »

If its a new character, i strongly recommend you run all the tutorial agents and then the newbie epic arc, all in all provides a 100mill total when you finish all those.

Welcome back
Yeah, I just started the epic arc. The standings boosts can't hurt either. And thanks, it's good to be back.