Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Kiaor was a notable Minmatar historical figure attributed with saying, "Those whom you hate so fervently, you must have once loved so deeply."

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Rebellion RP - Any ideas?  (Read 3990 times)

Khloe

• Silent Watcher
  • Egger
Re: Rebellion RP - Any ideas?
« Reply #30 on: 29 Nov 2012, 23:01 »

I think this is where you shake your fist at him menacingly.  ;)

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #31 on: 29 Nov 2012, 23:42 »

Even with her, the government can't touch her because she's a wee girl and couldn't justify nabbing her, which would frustrate them further.

You...

ah...

You sure about that?

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #32 on: 30 Nov 2012, 02:59 »

I've been mulling over a rebellion line of RP recently. Pro-Fed yet anti-Fed. Military traditionalist, ideological purist, and that. Some of you may have noticed Seriphyn's dissident qualities recently. I guess he's always been like that, and honestly I don't think it should be to anyone's surprise that an experienced soldier will be the last person to buy the government's propaganda (that may very well apply to veterans of any faction). Of course, others can be a bit more professional about it and keep their opinions to themselves, but Seri was never originally a born-and-bred soldier anyway!

I must keep this distinct from Traitor RP, which normally involves faction-hopping. I wouldn't dare. Instead, this is an anti-government line. Seri will still ostensibly wear the uniform while rejecting the Federation regime and refusing to engage regular military forces. The Caldari State is still the enemy, and they are an automatically far worse choice by virtue of them being a foreign government. I guess it'll be directed at the Federal Intelligence Office, decrying Mentas Blaque as a fascist dog. Seriphyn will see his military duty as a Gallentean soldier to protect the people's freedoms foremost, NOT protect the integrity of the government. The FIO are just as bad as taking away his fellow citizens' freedoms as Caldari megacorporations

What keeps things grounded, however, is Anette, who has by-and-large kept Seriphyn grounded as just a man who does his job to provide for his kid. In his head, he will rationalize rebellion against elements of the Federation regime as ensuring that the Federation his child grows up in, as well as many others, will be the Federation he was used to serving during peacetime. There is plenty of ways to 'protect' Anette from that usual Child-kidnapping by the Government thing. They'll sever contact and Anette will live with her grandfather, and continue to serve her role as a celebrity.

But...what avenues are there, for this? I could shoot FIO devactors whenever they appear. Hell, I was thinking of getting back into the FDU and trying to leverage the RP influence I once had to, say, eradicate any enemies at a live event PLUS any FIO devactors (but NEVER navy). But that ties my RP to live events, something I don't want to do. Seri could hide out in the Syndicate, but again, what would he do? Federation lowsec might be a place to 'hide', especially Placid or even Intaki where Federal presence is weak...or even Solitude. But what would I even play? Seri is a DED supporter, so perhaps taking sanctuary as a citizen of Yulai III. His active anti-piracy efforts gives him diplomatic protection by CONCORD from Fed, the former perhaps trying it as just one of countless attempts to re-assert its independence after the Elder War.

Any ideas?

I tried Caldari rebellion RP for the last several years, but every time I tried it on the IGS a certain Luminare General derailed the thread.

Karma's a bitch like that.

Payback/irony time?

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #33 on: 30 Nov 2012, 04:32 »

To kill the fame of a pop star is easy.

Add some drugs that induce psychotic behaviour.

Roll cameras.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #34 on: 14 Dec 2012, 06:13 »

Well, first "step" in this RP arc activated, as visible on the igs. Already stepped on one toe, which is good.

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #35 on: 14 Dec 2012, 20:01 »

Roll cameras.

Are the Black Eagles so subtle? Do they need to be? Black Bag job, imo.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #36 on: 15 Dec 2012, 04:09 »

Depends on how cruel they are. If they have no qualms with putting the population through such pictures it seems to be the easier solution. ;P

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #37 on: 15 Dec 2012, 05:07 »

Roll cameras.

So that's how you came up with Lallaras new look  :(
Pages: 1 2 [3]