Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Lonetrek dialect of the Caldari language is sometimes called the "throat infection" dialect?

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Rebellion RP - Any ideas?  (Read 3991 times)

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
Re: Rebellion RP - Any ideas?
« Reply #15 on: 26 Nov 2012, 11:12 »

Why are you posting with a pony in front of every post?
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #16 on: 26 Nov 2012, 11:18 »

Because there's not enough happiness and friendship in the world, silly :)

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #17 on: 26 Nov 2012, 11:40 »

This disturbs me and I sense a nefarious purpose.

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
« Reply #18 on: 26 Nov 2012, 12:57 »

Ponies are about to take on the world!
Where's my helmet? Anybody seen my helmet?

[Edit]
And Seri too!
I definitely need my helmet!
[/Edit]

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette
« Reply #19 on: 26 Nov 2012, 13:03 »

Because there's not enough happiness and friendship in the world, silly :)
* Mitara Newelle approaches Lae with a pretty white 'coat', "It's ok Lae, it will all be ok....."
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"

Khloe

• Silent Watcher
  • Egger
« Reply #20 on: 26 Nov 2012, 13:23 »

That's...not quite true. Capsuleers were allowed to vote two or three election cycles ago. I know this because my characters voted, unless they somehow retconned that.

Something you may want to take into consideration is what policies being implemented by the current administration your character doesn't agree with, and which corporations/government agencies/individuals are pushing those agendas. If your character is opposed to the manner in which the war is conducted, promote politicians and stage public awareness campaigns (using anette?) to highlight the terrible things that a majority of citizens aren't aware of. Especially if we're talking about Black Ops stuff, terror campaigns, and other malign behavior the Federation is doing under the radar. Essentially, playing the whistleblower will earn you respect among your allies and make a mess for the opposition. The minute you start 'blasting' subgroups in your own government you start to bring into question the 'traitor' aspect.

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #21 on: 26 Nov 2012, 13:35 »

That's...not quite true. Capsuleers were allowed to vote two or three election cycles ago. I know this because my characters voted, unless they somehow retconned that.

Something you may want to take into consideration is what policies being implemented by the current administration your character doesn't agree with, and which corporations/government agencies/individuals are pushing those agendas. If your character is opposed to the manner in which the war is conducted, promote politicians and stage public awareness campaigns (using anette?) to highlight the terrible things that a majority of citizens aren't aware of. Especially if we're talking about Black Ops stuff, terror campaigns, and other malign behavior the Federation is doing under the radar. Essentially, playing the whistleblower will earn you respect among your allies and make a mess for the opposition. The minute you start 'blasting' subgroups in your own government you start to bring into question the 'traitor' aspect.

Aw hay yeah. This is tha best ahdea ah've heard for a long while. Ah recon if yer going down that road yer'll have loads a fun while yer at it. It would sure help make the fed'ration look more 'nu-an-ceed' as yer gentle folk use to say. Enrichin' yer fellow rp'ers experiance while yer havin' fun sounds like a good way t' go about it if yer asking me.

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #22 on: 28 Nov 2012, 06:27 »

Would flat out love more inter-tribal warfare in the Republic. 

Lets kick some Sinister ass!

Rawr! Lets show Shakor and the Brutor who should really be in charge!

NISYN Aelisha

« Reply #23 on: 28 Nov 2012, 07:09 »

*sinister voice* Yessss let the hate flow through you! */sinister voice*

More intra-factional conflict would be nice, especially as we have a capsuleer community that is so multi-cultural under each banner that there must be some driving force beyond mere opportunism (and game mechanics) forcing them to break from their birth-nations.  A bit of flesh on the bones as for discontent within each nation, driven either by us or by CCP would be pretty amazing to see develop. 

Lyn Farel

« Reply #24 on: 28 Nov 2012, 13:16 »

Would flat out love more inter-tribal warfare in the Republic. 

Lets kick some Sinister ass!

Rawr! Lets show Shakor and the Brutor who should really be in charge!

The Nefantar ? :3

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #25 on: 28 Nov 2012, 19:48 »

Low.

Lyn, that's low.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #26 on: 29 Nov 2012, 17:15 »

Sounds great. It'd frustrate the authorities Seri speaks out against because...

1) He's a capsuleer, and can wield lots of influence beyond the pod as a result
2) He's a popular citizen, meaning if the Fed wants to keep up appearances and not cause a moral outrage, they won't touch that particular half of his life (the other half being an independent capsuleer)

Also using Anette is an idea, since I've tried to keep her apolitical. Of course, it's possible for her to pursue public awareness without politicizing or even connecting it to Seri overtly (subtlety being key to propaganda in a democracy). Even with her, the government can't touch her because she's a wee girl and couldn't justify nabbing her, which would frustrate them further.

I think that's the great paradox of a secret police force in a democracy. It needs to act while ensuring it never comes across as anything BUT a white knight. Other than a convienient space shuttle crash maybe.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #27 on: 29 Nov 2012, 17:23 »

Alas, it'd help if we actually knew what Roden policies were. People have known me to take extensive liberties, but it can only go so far.

Khloe

• Silent Watcher
  • Egger
« Reply #28 on: 29 Nov 2012, 21:56 »

Also using Anette is an idea, since I've tried to keep her apolitical. Of course, it's possible for her to pursue public awareness without politicizing or even connecting it to Seri overtly (subtlety being key to propaganda in a democracy). Even with her, the government can't touch her because she's a wee girl and couldn't justify nabbing her, which would frustrate them further.
The interesting part in this this is her father (Seriphyn) wants to use her 'fame' to promote his agendas, while she's just a kid enjoying the fame and attention. You have lots of opportunity for conflict/drama here, because either the child may not want to talk about that stupid stuff, or Seri may feel bad for 'using' his daughter for his ends, especially when the opposition turn their attention to publicly tarnishing her image. Essentially she is both his weakness and his strength, and he has to balance this responsibly.

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #29 on: 29 Nov 2012, 22:06 »

I've been mulling over a rebellion line of RP recently. Pro-Fed yet anti-Fed. Military traditionalist, ideological purist, and that. Some of you may have noticed Seriphyn's dissident qualities recently. I guess he's always been like that, and honestly I don't think it should be to anyone's surprise that an experienced soldier will be the last person to buy the government's propaganda (that may very well apply to veterans of any faction). Of course, others can be a bit more professional about it and keep their opinions to themselves, but Seri was never originally a born-and-bred soldier anyway!

I must keep this distinct from Traitor RP, which normally involves faction-hopping. I wouldn't dare. Instead, this is an anti-government line. Seri will still ostensibly wear the uniform while rejecting the Federation regime and refusing to engage regular military forces. The Caldari State is still the enemy, and they are an automatically far worse choice by virtue of them being a foreign government. I guess it'll be directed at the Federal Intelligence Office, decrying Mentas Blaque as a fascist dog. Seriphyn will see his military duty as a Gallentean soldier to protect the people's freedoms foremost, NOT protect the integrity of the government. The FIO are just as bad as taking away his fellow citizens' freedoms as Caldari megacorporations

What keeps things grounded, however, is Anette, who has by-and-large kept Seriphyn grounded as just a man who does his job to provide for his kid. In his head, he will rationalize rebellion against elements of the Federation regime as ensuring that the Federation his child grows up in, as well as many others, will be the Federation he was used to serving during peacetime. There is plenty of ways to 'protect' Anette from that usual Child-kidnapping by the Government thing. They'll sever contact and Anette will live with her grandfather, and continue to serve her role as a celebrity.

But...what avenues are there, for this? I could shoot FIO devactors whenever they appear. Hell, I was thinking of getting back into the FDU and trying to leverage the RP influence I once had to, say, eradicate any enemies at a live event PLUS any FIO devactors (but NEVER navy). But that ties my RP to live events, something I don't want to do. Seri could hide out in the Syndicate, but again, what would he do? Federation lowsec might be a place to 'hide', especially Placid or even Intaki where Federal presence is weak...or even Solitude. But what would I even play? Seri is a DED supporter, so perhaps taking sanctuary as a citizen of Yulai III. His active anti-piracy efforts gives him diplomatic protection by CONCORD from Fed, the former perhaps trying it as just one of countless attempts to re-assert its independence after the Elder War.

Any ideas?

I tried Caldari rebellion RP for the last several years, but every time I tried it on the IGS a certain Luminare General derailed the thread.
Pages: 1 [2] 3