Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Aldrith Shutaq was once court poet and author in the service of the Etranhi Holders on Mishi IV? Read more here.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: "Hollowed-out" luxury ships?  (Read 5102 times)

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
Re: "Hollowed-out" luxury ships?
« Reply #30 on: 02 Jul 2011, 00:29 »

I haven't thought much about making living quarters in any of my ships, but if I'm flying around in high sec in my gal shuttle I usually picture it as more of a private jet ride than Simca flying the shuttle.

Once I start flying BS's I may make a flagship out of a Megathron and set up personal quarters for her on it. I do like the idea of taking a cloaky frig and using it as a sort of private getaway, but not sure if Simca would go to all that trouble just to get away from it all.

EDIT:

I was looking at random ships on the market and came across the Zephyr. I had almost forgotten about it, but looking at it made me think that it would be cool to use for a sort of sailing trip. It's probably big enough to have personal quarters and  a living space big enough for a few people(think 2 BR 2.5 bath apartment).
« Last Edit: 02 Jul 2011, 00:58 by Ember Vykos »
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #31 on: 13 Jul 2011, 22:28 »

In a recent RP, I referenced the many empty corridors aboard Kat's starships. She implied that the qaurters aboard one of her battleships was the size of a 'small house'. Would this be unrealistic?

I realize there is still a substantial crew aboard a Capsuleer battleship, but surely the crew reductions would open up options for internal redesigns? There would be large crew halls and such freed up by that massive reduction in crew needs, I assume.

Kemekk

• Amarrian Ultranationalist
  • Wetgraver
  • Dei ta Reshios
« Reply #32 on: 13 Jul 2011, 22:38 »

Depending on the battleship, I'd say it's possible.

Going off the guidelines here, I personally place my crew numbers a little higher than the minimum, taking into account the automation found in some racial ships. I haven't thought of using a battleship as a luxury ship yet but I'd assume that it's possible in a capsule-fitted ship.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #33 on: 13 Jul 2011, 23:03 »

Oh not as a luxury ship. Just making use of some of that empty space inside. Like, clearing out one of the now unused crew mess halls and the old offer's quarters.

Kemekk

• Amarrian Ultranationalist
  • Wetgraver
  • Dei ta Reshios
« Reply #34 on: 14 Jul 2011, 00:30 »

Yah that's what I meant. I've actually been putting in quite a lot of research on ship sizes, interior size estimates, crew size estimates, etc., (as well as non-temperate planet temperature, gravity, escape velocity, etc.) probably more than I should be doing for a game...

If you ever want to brainstorm about this stuff just message me ingame on Kemekk.

Ember Vykos

• Pod Captain
« Reply #35 on: 16 Jul 2011, 10:38 »

Well if worse comes to worse you could always just use part of the cargo hold and a few internal modifications to provide access from the interior of the ship. Most BS's have enough space to probably provide room for a 'small house' and still have enough leftover for ammo and whatever else you would carry. Even a frigate could probably accommodate a good sized studio apartment into its cargo hold without sacrificing too much space.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
« Reply #36 on: 23 Jul 2011, 16:33 »

When was the last time Minmatar ship design screamed out "luxury" at you?
The very model of a British Minmatarian

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #37 on: 23 Jul 2011, 17:27 »

Have you seen the Maelstrom? It's not exactly a Breacher.

Norrin Ellis

« Reply #38 on: 26 Jul 2011, 01:53 »

The Venture Racing flagship, Victory, and her sister ship, Celebration, are essentially floating hotels.  Obviously, the ships are a bit too large for me to be too detailed about the interior, but invitation-only RP events are sometimes held aboard the Victory in specific areas of the ship.

Before anyone criticizes my jungle camo luxury ship, please note that it was constructed when the paintjob on a Navy Megathron was rather sexy, even before the baby blue era in Gallente finishing.

Ember Vykos

• Pod Captain
« Reply #39 on: 26 Jul 2011, 11:46 »

Floating hotel sounds like a cool idea. Whens your next party?  ;)
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Pages: 1 2 [3]