Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Intaki Assembly responded directly to Julianus Soter's and other's request for information regarding Ishukone and Mordus Legion around Intaki Prime? For more, read here

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: "Hollowed-out" luxury ships?  (Read 5103 times)

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
Re: "Hollowed-out" luxury ships?
« Reply #15 on: 30 Jun 2011, 11:59 »

I thought the ships used for battle were so efficiently designed that any kind of fiddling about with hollowing them out would basically make them unusable in any way or form.

Perhaps warp, but definitely no mods.

Perhaps, but one can consider the effects of Nanofibers and Cargohold expanders. They sufficiently alter the structure of the ship enough to achieve a purpose, but it is still 'combat capable', if one looks at things like cargo carriers.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #16 on: 30 Jun 2011, 12:19 »

Efficiently designed? I'm thinking Minmatar ships. Hell, we can just weld on a cage and make it airtight. :D

(Also, I prefer industrials for this sort of thing, myself, though I suppose a frigate could work in a pinch.)

Kemekk

• Amarrian Ultranationalist
  • Wetgraver
  • Dei ta Reshios
« Reply #17 on: 30 Jun 2011, 12:43 »

Efficiently designed? I'm thinking Minmatar ships. Hell, we can just weld on a cage and make it airtight. :D

(Also, I prefer industrials for this sort of thing, myself, though I suppose a frigate could work in a pinch.)

I didn't think about a Sigil or a Bestower as a luxury vessel, but I may have to now. I could also carry a combat ship inside it!

Saikoyu

• Omelette
« Reply #18 on: 30 Jun 2011, 13:15 »

Or go one better, get an Orca.  Quarters and hanger space for your favorite cruiser. 

Personally I was thinking about using the Primus for this, since its just a station spinner anyway.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #19 on: 30 Jun 2011, 13:19 »

The Primae is perfect.

Kemekk

• Amarrian Ultranationalist
  • Wetgraver
  • Dei ta Reshios
« Reply #20 on: 30 Jun 2011, 14:24 »

The Primae, Orca, and any cruisers are nice, but to me they're far too big for a personal luxury ship. Those would be more like cruiseliner ships here on Earth, which I think would be a cool concept but I don't have the connections to make that possible without me being the only one on the ship.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #21 on: 30 Jun 2011, 17:37 »

I too use the Primae as my personal quarters. I may have a Captain's Quarters, but I'll stay on the cool clean race-neutral quarters of my Primae any day.

I do plan to upgrade to an Orca soon though.

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #22 on: 01 Jul 2011, 01:40 »

I use the Echelon for luxury cruise.

It can recieve my favorite tv shows from anywhere in the star cluster.
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Sinjin Mokk

• Egger
  • One Kingdom, One King!
    • Dark Amarr
« Reply #23 on: 01 Jul 2011, 07:14 »

Personally, I like the Zephyr as a personal luxury shuttle.

But for reasons of security, Sinjin's main covert transport would have to be an Anathema. :)

Marcus Gord

• Mathfail Silverback
  • Egger
  • Soldier of Fortune
« Reply #24 on: 01 Jul 2011, 10:11 »

Marcus uses the Orca as his home. It's huge, it's non combat, so isn't likely to make him lose his home, and it means he can have a large living space since he had an observation area redesigned as an apartment with an awesome view.
Stormcrows.

Will pay for good sig. Enquire within.

You can't take the sky from me

Raxipoo

• Clonejack
    • Blacklight's Redshirt
« Reply #25 on: 01 Jul 2011, 11:05 »

My other character, Lt Graham, has an apartment on his Arazu.

I used to have a whole living space plotted out on his Rokh, but then it vanished in a horrifying ball of vapour.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #26 on: 01 Jul 2011, 13:22 »

I used to have a whole living space plotted out on his Rokh, but then it vanished in a horrifying ball of vapour.

I guess you can stop the Ro---oh, never mind.

Historically, Morwen's always lived on her ships rather than in stationside apartments. These days, when not planetside in the Kingdom, she generally lives on her Chimera, but she's also got various living spaces installed in about five or six of her other ships.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #27 on: 01 Jul 2011, 13:37 »

My character has severe insomnia that makes it almost impossible to sleep while jacked into her pod, or in any environment that doesn't meet her near obsessive compulsive standards. It isn't about a certain style of quarters, but more about how she cannot feel comfortable sleeping in an area she has not personally customized to her taste. Thus, she has installed sleeping quarters in just about every single ship she owns, just in case she finds she'll have to spend the night far from home.

Katrina is also a strange one, with a taste for variety and the exotic. Capsuleer life has given her a lust for new experiences, a complete 180 degree shift from her lifestyle as a State bred tube child. As such, each ship has a different aesthetic style of quarters, sometimes by virtue of being larger versions of favorite design styles. She prefers to remind herself what sort of ship she is sleeping in. The quarters on her Rokh are styled in traditional Achuran design philosophy, while those on her Bantam amount to little more than a couch and table with a fold up cot in the wall.

If it's a Gallente ship, it uses Gallentean design philosopy. Same for Amarr or Minmatar, or faction, and even pirate vessels. By far the most exotic place she has installed would be the quarters aboard her Zephyr. Eccentric, just like the ship's creator, the curved walls of the room are almost completely transparent and unbroken, save for the structural supports, giving the illusion that the room is exposed to the vacuum of space.

Like I said, it's not about how it looks, but if Katrina has had a chance to place her personal 'touch' to the style. A room that wasn't designed by her, customized by her, or furnished by her... is not hers. Thus, she cannot sleep in it.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #28 on: 01 Jul 2011, 16:52 »

My character has severe insomnia that makes it almost impossible to sleep while jacked into her pod, or in any environment that doesn't meet her near obsessive compulsive standards. It isn't about a certain style of quarters, but more about how she cannot feel comfortable sleeping in an area she has not personally customized to her taste. Thus, she has installed sleeping quarters in just about every single ship she owns, just in case she finds she'll have to spend the night far from home.

This is, frankly, one of the most amusing character quirks I've seen in a while.

Katrina is also a strange one, with a taste for variety and the exotic. Capsuleer life has given her a lust for new experiences, a complete 180 degree shift from her lifestyle as a State bred tube child. As such, each ship has a different aesthetic style of quarters, sometimes by virtue of being larger versions of favorite design styles. She prefers to remind herself what sort of ship she is sleeping in. The quarters on her Rokh are styled in traditional Achuran design philosophy, while those on her Bantam amount to little more than a couch and table with a fold up cot in the wall.

If it's a Gallente ship, it uses Gallentean design philosopy. Same for Amarr or Minmatar, or faction, and even pirate vessels. By far the most exotic place she has installed would be the quarters aboard her Zephyr. Eccentric, just like the ship's creator, the curved walls of the room are almost completely transparent and unbroken, save for the structural supports, giving the illusion that the room is exposed to the vacuum of space.

If we're talking about modifying quarters into larger ships, then it's probably worth mentioning Esna's quarters on his carrier - he got fed up of being trapped aboard his carrier when he was living out of it in 0.0, so he got a room in his quarters set up to be able to simulate sleeping outside via a holographic system and hidden speakers.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #29 on: 01 Jul 2011, 17:59 »

This is, frankly, one of the most amusing character quirks I've seen in a while.

It's amusing until you let her sleep over at your place, and she rearranges your entire living room just so she can crash on your couch. :D

Quote from: Esna Pitoojee

If we're talking about modifying quarters into larger ships, then it's probably worth mentioning Esna's quarters on his carrier - he got fed up of being trapped aboard his carrier when he was living out of it in 0.0, so he got a room in his quarters set up to be able to simulate sleeping outside via a holographic system and hidden speakers.

Oooo, holographic quarters! I like.

Also, it's worth mentioning that I'm doing it this way because I have terrible memory OOC for my own stories, and I've been caught before screwing up the layout of my own locales. So... different ship, yeah, the bed is on the right side this time!
Pages: 1 [2] 3