Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Intaki who supported Caldari independence from the Federation were first exiled from the Federation, and then attacked by Caldari radicals demanding the expulsion of all foreigners? For more, read here.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: "Hollowed-out" luxury ships?  (Read 5101 times)

Kemekk

• Amarrian Ultranationalist
  • Wetgraver
  • Dei ta Reshios
"Hollowed-out" luxury ships?
« on: 29 Jun 2011, 18:35 »

Other than obtaining one of the 2 remaining Opux Luxury Yachts, do RPers ever use ships as luxury vehicles and even come up with interior designs for them? I've been thinking about using a Magnate as a sort of luxury cruise frigate for my character, and I was wondering if anyone else has done something like that.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
Re: "Hollowed-out" luxury ships?
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jun 2011, 18:49 »

if there ever were "luxury" shuttles in the nexus store, i would pay for those, cause the only ship i think in terms of "luxurious ride" is the gallente shuttle.

Kemekk

• Wetgraver
  • Dei ta Reshios
« Reply #2 on: 29 Jun 2011, 19:00 »

if there ever were "luxury" shuttles in the nexus store, i would pay for those, cause the only ship i think in terms of "luxurious ride" is the gallente shuttle.

I was thinking the same thing for an Amarr shuttle, but I'd assume that if they had an interior it would be rather small.

Tamur

• Clonejack
« Reply #3 on: 29 Jun 2011, 19:00 »

Besides shuttles, Iteron hulls have been used by diplomats and VIP's on some missions.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #4 on: 29 Jun 2011, 19:30 »

Some people do this, as I've seen things like Rifters, Chimera, etc.

It can happen, but there's obvious issues with the ship being in a place it can be killed while other Capsuleers are 'on board it'.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #5 on: 29 Jun 2011, 19:31 »

I figured the Exequror, as a "cargo cruiser", could be some luxury yacht of some kind.

Kemekk

• Wetgraver
  • Dei ta Reshios
« Reply #6 on: 29 Jun 2011, 19:53 »

Some people do this, as I've seen things like Rifters, Chimera, etc.

It can happen, but there's obvious issues with the ship being in a place it can be killed while other Capsuleers are 'on board it'.

Right, which is why I have a cloaking device and the capability to warp fairly fast on my Magnate.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #7 on: 29 Jun 2011, 19:58 »

I have a Mammoth that Iurnan uses as his apartment so that he doesn't have to set up a new place every time he moves. Also it's a convenient excuse for why a wealthy trader appears (via CQ) to have moved into a cyberpunk Motel 6.

Kybernetes Moros

« Reply #8 on: 29 Jun 2011, 20:10 »

Kyber's reappropriated various sections of his cruiser-and-larger ships to live in when he's not able to head back to his usual non-planetside residence. I'm very leery about using them when undocked, though, given the whole aspect of "what if the ship's destroyed?" and how much actually stays functional without a capsuleer.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #9 on: 29 Jun 2011, 20:39 »

Esna once had an Anathema he used as a sort of "covert getaway resort" ship - he could park it somewhere, shut off the comms, and be reasonably sure nobody would be able to probe him out. Aside from that, I tend to plan out individual quarters aboard his ships, not the entire layout.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Kemekk

• Wetgraver
  • Dei ta Reshios
« Reply #10 on: 29 Jun 2011, 21:00 »

Well right now I've been toying with the idea of using a Magnate (because I like the look) and I've set up a few safe spots with nice views in several systems that players should have a hard time getting to unless they scan me down.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #11 on: 30 Jun 2011, 09:16 »

I am using apotheosises, though never actively had any RP in these ships with other people yet.

I have been invited recently in Rytha Main's flagship, an armageddon navy issue (or was it an apocalypse ? duh). Was interesting to simulate a docking in space, then RP-ing in the ship. Silas used to have a channel dedicated to her carrier too.
« Last Edit: 30 Jun 2011, 09:18 by Lyn Farel »

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #12 on: 30 Jun 2011, 09:29 »

I've been aboard a couple such ships, a refurbished battleship can make for a HUGE house, to say nothing of carriers and the like which make meeting and docking much more plausible. Personally, Vicky has a hurricane which has had a few rooms rebuilt to make a lounge for entertaining guests and a master suite. It's nothing huge, the ship still functions in combat just fine, but it works for her. I recall someone, maybe Tibs, using a sigil as a garden for growing tea.

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #13 on: 30 Jun 2011, 10:42 »

I thought the ships used for battle were so efficiently designed that any kind of fiddling about with hollowing them out would basically make them unusable in any way or form.

Perhaps warp, but definitely no mods.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Kemekk

• Wetgraver
  • Dei ta Reshios
« Reply #14 on: 30 Jun 2011, 10:45 »

I thought the ships used for battle were so efficiently designed that any kind of fiddling about with hollowing them out would basically make them unusable in any way or form.

Perhaps warp, but definitely no mods.

That's why I'm using a Magnate, since they're basically useless in combat anyway.

And I had intended to make a specific channel for the inside of the ship as others have done, but right now I don't have anyone to RP with anyway :(
Pages: [1] 2 3