Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That there are minmatar who willingly serve the Amarr empire? More here

Author Topic: Re: Online Communities and the issue of echo chambers  (Read 548 times)

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran

Commenting on someone elses thoughts (like on blogs) is pretty much fucktarded.

How can you expect to effect someones worldview (and their thoughts) by criticizing/complimenting on them?

It just does not work... well, not for me, but media criticism is taught in our school system and my generation does have a healthy gap between real social life and all this fake social media...

Dunno about the young ones that kill themselves over facebook bullying.

Just on the deleting or ignoring or shouting over the opposing viewpoints... it just seems that it is quite common in the political arenas, especially when it comes to freedom so speech.
It is against it, but it does not mean that liberals/conservatives/bigots do not have their own filters in their heads that already take out every opposing view from any information source and put it under the header 'this is why I am right, because they are so wrong'.

People are stupid, online echo chambers make them dumber, just like offline ones.

Just look at cosplayers ffs.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
Re: Re: Online Communities and the issue of echo chambers
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jun 2012, 14:42 »

[mod]Please refrain from calling other people (blog commenters, cosplayers, etc) "fucktarded" or similar.[/mod]