Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Rogue Drones are drones that operate outside of human control, pursuing some mysterious goal of their own?

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Author Topic: Knighthood of the Merciful Crown - WiP Brainstorm Thread  (Read 29206 times)

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
Re: Knighthood of the Merciful Crown - WiP Brainstorm Thread
« Reply #165 on: 26 Apr 2012, 17:23 »

Hmmm, yes, I'm going to take a crack at rewriting it IC, using this as a base. Perhaps by allowing the RP to take over it will change accordingly and be more clear as a result.

Lucius Vindictus

• Clonejack
« Reply #166 on: 27 Apr 2012, 06:43 »

Aldrith!  :D

Good to see you are coming back! The Amarrian RP corner needs some love! And what I've read here sounds great so far. Capsuleer vigilante Inquisitors who condemn captured crew? Awesome! That sounds like the corp that I've always wished there was, but never found in the game.

As you know I've always been 90% about aesthetics and 10% practicality, so I believe you should create a new corp name and ranking structure to reflect the new harsher direction of the knighthood. Keywords: inquisition, retribution, fire, skulls, blood for the blood god!  8)

You wouldn't have to look far for someone to do any graphics you would ever need!

You could even justify RP-ly that you were out of the game because you have been attending a conclave of inquisitors who were unhappy with the state of the crusade and recruited you to set things straight... or one of a thousand other cool story angles :)
« Last Edit: 27 Apr 2012, 07:10 by Lucius Vindictus »

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #167 on: 27 Apr 2012, 09:41 »

LUCIUSSS! How've you been, man?

I'm glad you like it! I knew you'd appreciate this sort of thing. The RP return story is going a bit more personal and character-driven, which will be revealed when it happens. The name will stay the same, but I'm going to write lots more background about the corp and what's happening so KotMC's apparent lack of mercy towards certain individuals will be explained. It still will be merciful, it will just be that technical kind of mercy where it kinda isn't. Things like "I shall give you a quick death; this is my mercy to you." Ect., ect. I think this will give the corp an interesting second layer, where it's not just one thing, but many. Conflicts with good and evil abound!

Lyn Farel

« Reply #168 on: 27 Apr 2012, 11:10 »

Well, thats kindof a Stannis Baratheon ruthless mercy for great justice.

"Oh yeah ? You no piwate ? Go tell that to my axe"
« Last Edit: 27 Apr 2012, 11:14 by Lyn Farel »

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #169 on: 27 Apr 2012, 11:16 »

There might also be some Daenerys Targaryen style hissy-fits where everybody just dies because they weren't nice enough.

"Y u so mean? I SHALL WASH YOUR FAMILY OFF THIS EARTH IN A STORM OF FIRE AND BLOOD."
« Last Edit: 27 Apr 2012, 11:18 by Aldrith Shutaq »

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #170 on: 27 Apr 2012, 11:36 »

lol can't wait :)

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #171 on: 28 Apr 2012, 16:21 »

Stop making us wait! The SUSPENSE!!!

Lyn Farel

« Reply #172 on: 28 Apr 2012, 16:27 »

There might also be some Daenerys Targaryen style hissy-fits where everybody just dies because they weren't nice enough.

"Y u so mean? I SHALL WASH YOUR FAMILY OFF THIS EARTH IN A STORM OF FIRE AND BLOOD."

Will you also follow Stannis first dogma ?

"A good deed do not redeem a bad deed."

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #173 on: 28 Apr 2012, 17:17 »

Stop making us wait! The SUSPENSE!!!

BLARALRLAL PERFECTION CANNOT BE RUSHED!

Will you also follow Stannis first dogma ?

"A good deed do not redeem a bad deed."

Yup! Only the pain of your crime visited upon you twice fold can redeem your crime.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #174 on: 28 Apr 2012, 17:33 »

THANK.YOU.SO.MUCH.

I am so sick and damn tired of seeing god and every man get away with their atrocities because people tend to forget they did them, or they want redemption (and get's it in a second) and are swiftly elevated to forgivenvillain status. Happens to practically everyone who wants it. If it ever came to pass that people who do badthings(tm) as defined by the factions keeping tabs on this, are repeatedly reminded of and punished for their actions (or atl treated accordingly) then EVE might be a considerably more interesting game than it already is.

More realistic reactions for actions. Then all one needs is true EVE-characters instead of real-life-persona-expy syndrome. That's a topic for another day, though.

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #175 on: 29 Apr 2012, 07:33 »

THANK.YOU.SO.MUCH.

I am so sick and damn tired of seeing god and every man get away with their atrocities because people tend to forget they did them, or they want redemption (and get's it in a second) and are swiftly elevated to forgivenvillain status. Happens to practically everyone who wants it. If it ever came to pass that people who do badthings(tm) as defined by the factions keeping tabs on this, are repeatedly reminded of and punished for their actions (or atl treated accordingly) then EVE might be a considerably more interesting game than it already is.

More realistic reactions for actions. Then all one needs is true EVE-characters instead of real-life-persona-expy syndrome. That's a topic for another day, though.

I am agreeing with Bloodbird... this must mean its good, or we have both gone insane.

I suspect some of both!

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #176 on: 29 Apr 2012, 08:27 »

This is not, in any way, to be taken as saying you're doing it wrong. However.

Prime fiction seems to support the notion that the Khanid crown, and the kingdom as a whole, have a fairly pragmatic view of moral questions. How does this fit with the rather righteous, no compromise with evil stance that you seem to be taking with the Knighthood?
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #177 on: 29 Apr 2012, 12:54 »

Simple: it's a matter of personality. Just because there's going to be an injection of Khanid practicality in certain areas doesn't mean it's going to completely take over. The Khanid aspects mix with Aldy's personal feelings and takes the form of a practical 'moral prioritization'. All the energy and malice usually used to persecute things like heresy, blasphemy and to push slavery on people will be shifted into more serious matters, such as punishing murder, piracy and extreme heresy, such as Sani Sabik and EoM. The principle here is that you can swing your hammer twice as hard if you're not using it to crush ants. Nitpicking only wears you out and makes you unable to stand up for the important principles.

Bottom line: KotMC will not exist to change your mind on matters; it will exist to put a laser bolt through your head when you fuck up because of your incorrect opinions.

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette
« Reply #178 on: 29 Apr 2012, 18:17 »

Simple: it's a matter of personality. Just because there's going to be an injection of Khanid practicality in certain areas doesn't mean it's going to completely take over. The Khanid aspects mix with Aldy's personal feelings and takes the form of a practical 'moral prioritization'. All the energy and malice usually used to persecute things like heresy, blasphemy and to push slavery on people will be shifted into more serious matters, such as punishing murder, piracy and extreme heresy, such as Sani Sabik and EoM. The principle here is that you can swing your hammer twice as hard if you're not using it to crush ants. Nitpicking only wears you out and makes you unable to stand up for the important principles.

Bottom line: KotMC will not exist to change your mind on matters; it will exist to put a laser bolt through your head when you fuck up because of your incorrect opinions.

*pokes Aldi* Ohai you :D

Innocence prooves nothing - Solen Sean

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15