Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Grown on a terrestrial world in the Harroule system, the Dryweed plant has fragile, yellowish leaves that burn very slowly, giving off a pleasant vapor that is known to have a soothing effect when inhaled.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15

Author Topic: Knighthood of the Merciful Crown - WiP Brainstorm Thread  (Read 29227 times)

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Re: Knighthood of the Merciful Crown - WiP Brainstorm Thread
« Reply #120 on: 18 Apr 2012, 07:20 »

Looks good, but the only thing that's coming to mind is a bunch of Samaras singing the Soviet anthem.

Communist Justicars. xP
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #121 on: 18 Apr 2012, 07:29 »

Looks good, but the only thing that's coming to mind is a bunch of Samaras singing the Soviet anthem.

Communist Justicars. xP

I can envision this.

*Hides in a hole*

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #122 on: 19 Apr 2012, 00:35 »

Hmmm, only thing I don't like is that since this was done IC as an official set of regulations I didn't get to show much of the reasoning behind it.

So the basic philosophy behind this is as follow:

1.) KotMC is mainly concerned with punishing the evil, and in keeping with this it is only interested in slavery as a punishment, namely as a cheap, low-effort alternative to prisons. Any slaves that only need enlightening in the hands of a proper Holder need not, and will not, be kept.

2.) Knights are supposed to be warriors, not property owners or politicians, and taking slaves out of the control of individual members makes sure they can concentrate on fighting. This also means Holders who want to join have to make a moral sacrifice to be accepted. I consider it akin to a vow of poverty and humility, and without slaves a Holder cannot maintain much political power either. You give up wealth and power to make sure you are free to do the right thing.

3.) Sending out slaves as non-profit charity labor increases the Kighthood's standing with baseliner Holders and organizations.

4.) Corp-owned slaves means uniform standards for their treatment can be maintained. Nobody can whine about an individual member who is either too lenient or too harsh on his slaves.

5.) Any capsuleer slaves are beholden to the corp, not a particular member, preventing micro-loyalties from forming.

6.) This is a fairly neutral form of slavery. It's meant to be a middle-ground between many different ideas of the practice, including ideas from outside the Amarr-faithful nations, while still keeping in-line with new KotMC's strict moralistic bent. Only POW's and criminals are given the shackles, those freed are returned to their nations rather than becoming Amarr citizens, and this slavery is strictly for the benefit of the enslaved and society (all societies) rather than the personal profit of a Holder or the corp.

7.) By returning freed slaves to their nations of origin rather than making them Amarrian citizens, several things are accomplished. Firstly, it allows the freedom to release unenlightened individuals, rather than being stuck with troublemakers that will only screw up Amarrian society if they're let loose. This is ideal for POW's since they only need to be kept for as long as they are a threat to KotMC's interests. Secondly, anyone that does become enlightened will end up spreading the Amarr faith in their nations of origin. Instant missionaries! Thirdly, and this should be obvious, it makes the Knighthood look better to outsiders, while not pissing conservative Amarrians off too much. 'Look kids, grandpa is coming back since he's too old to fight and he doesn't need to be kept as a POW anymore! And don't worry Mr. Holder, he couldn't work anyway so it's no big loss. But he's still unenlightened heathen? Oh well, he was bound to die and burn in hell soon anyway so who cares.'

I'm trying to think of ways to make all of this reasoning clear IC besides having to talk to people personally... hm.

Desiderya

« Reply #123 on: 19 Apr 2012, 04:18 »

I'm trying to think of ways to make all of this reasoning clear IC besides having to talk to people personally... hm.

I think details like this should be written up internally, so that every member knows why the rules are the rules and can represent them if challenged. If it's out there it sounds too much like a justification in the style of "but hey, look, it's not that bad", instead of a foundation, which should be clear by a corp description ( ie, the punishment of evil thing ).
People should be able to figure out the motivations behind the actions, but you shouldn't make it too easy, too, as this can be all summarized as "things that lead to IC talks/scenes".

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #124 on: 19 Apr 2012, 14:44 »

Hmmm, you got a point there. Maybe I should quit posting here; I think I have given things enough thought and gotten enough feedback to know what I want to do already and KotMC is going to need some mystique behind it. At this point this is just a big spoiler thread.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #125 on: 19 Apr 2012, 15:24 »

Wrong.

At this rate this is a huge recruitment tread.

You would however be better served with keeping the rest IC and in-corp, for enemies (hated and respected) and allies alike to discover and react to.

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette
« Reply #126 on: 19 Apr 2012, 16:35 »

I probably shouldnt be so eager to draw Aldy's ire.

After all, a man married to Mitnara for so long has probably forgotten more about pain and suffering than any of us will ever know....  :D

Hey now!!!

:D
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"

Desiderya

« Reply #127 on: 19 Apr 2012, 18:37 »

Hmmm, you got a point there. Maybe I should quit posting here; I think I have given things enough thought and gotten enough feedback to know what I want to do already and KotMC is going to need some mystique behind it. At this point this is just a big spoiler thread.

By no means stop posting!
At some point in the future this KOTMC-idea-thread will probably depos(i)t itself.
You may be right about some things. 'Insider secrets' should not be spoiled. But the general gist and public side of that project should not be hidden. Say a recruitment thread, the 'What is KOTMC and why should I want to behead people?'-thread, or a evelopedia page. These are the ones that shouldn't contain overly explanatory OOC reasonings, as these are the locations people will look first.
Give people hints of the 'behind-the-curtain' activities there. Taking up the slavery example that might be the 'public statement' that slaves are property of the knighthood, and not individuals, and are used as the knighthood seems fit. That opens a nice window for interpretations, both naughty and nice.

Besides I'd be a very sad panda if I don't get my regular hype boost from you. Bloodbird is right, this is a recruitment thread.
And yeah, it's laaaate and I should've been in bed one hour ago, so I hope no one wants to kill me now for the convoluted sentences above - this one included, tax free even!

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #128 on: 19 Apr 2012, 20:11 »

After all, a man married to Mitnara for so long has probably forgotten more about pain and suffering than any of us will ever know....  :D

Hey now!!!

Haha, yeah, Mitty is a complete kitten in Aldy's arms. She only becomes a lioness when she's mad. Or randy.

By no means stop posting!
At some point in the future this KOTMC-idea-thread will probably depos(i)t itself.
You may be right about some things. 'Insider secrets' should not be spoiled. But the general gist and public side of that project should not be hidden. Say a recruitment thread, the 'What is KOTMC and why should I want to behead people?'-thread, or a evelopedia page. These are the ones that shouldn't contain overly explanatory OOC reasonings, as these are the locations people will look first.
Give people hints of the 'behind-the-curtain' activities there. Taking up the slavery example that might be the 'public statement' that slaves are property of the knighthood, and not individuals, and are used as the knighthood seems fit. That opens a nice window for interpretations, both naughty and nice.

Besides I'd be a very sad panda if I don't get my regular hype boost from you. Bloodbird is right, this is a recruitment thread.
And yeah, it's laaaate and I should've been in bed one hour ago, so I hope no one wants to kill me now for the convoluted sentences above - this one included, tax free even!

Hmmm, alright alright, though I am starting to think I should leave the rest to be discovered in-game when it's actually up again and doing things. I'll keep doing rough notes here and the polished stuff I'll save for May.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #129 on: 19 Apr 2012, 20:30 »

Hey now!!!

Haha, yeah, Mitty is a complete kitten in Aldy's arms.

I would pay ISK to see that. Mitara kitten would be adorable.

Then again, I'm a sucker for romance stories.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #130 on: 20 Apr 2012, 06:05 »

There is never too much RP material, the more people can read, the more they will get the desired feel and atmosphere, and it will also help the creator to sharpen his idea as well. Only things that are to be kept behind closed doors are not to be disclosed, or at best, subtly hinted.

Desiderya

« Reply #131 on: 20 Apr 2012, 07:24 »

Ideally people should get a general idea and get hooked, trying to think about it and start IC topics about the thing. If you make everything easily accessible - even in an OOC fashion - it will quickly dissipate into IC knowledge and eliminate the need for interaction.
At least in my opinion.

Tease, don't strip.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #132 on: 20 Apr 2012, 07:51 »

Tease, don't strip.

Ald knows all about teasing. Asshole. :(
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #133 on: 20 Apr 2012, 22:32 »

Tease, don't strip.

I did not have sexual relations with that woman. And apparently she's upset about it.  :eek:

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #134 on: 20 Apr 2012, 22:44 »

Tease, don't strip.

I did not have sexual relations with that woman. And apparently she's upset about it.  :eek:

Nah. She just likes giving you shit about it within Mitara's earshot. :D
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15