Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That not all slaves are subjected to the Vitoc treatment?  Read more about the Vitoc method here.

Author Topic: Infiltration of an Enemy  (Read 2021 times)

Dryson

• Clonejack
Infiltration of an Enemy
« on: 13 Jan 2019, 14:56 »

Years ago I took flight from a griefer who constantly war decced my one man corporation. Eventually I ended up in a region known as Providence. Unknown to me at that time CVA as the sov holder. I explained to them what was happening and they allowed me to mine in their systems without being attacked.  From that time on I considered CVA to be a good alliance that allowed neutrals access to the more valuable minerals and ores that one couldn't get in High Sec

I moved back into High Sec after a few days to discover that the Griefer was no more and returned to mining. Years passed and I returned to Providence to set up a mining operation to once again mine the good minerals. This time Providence came under a swift attack that wiped out trillions in assets and saw Pandemic Legion capture numerous Faction Stations due to CVA's inability to fight, they simply gave up.

Leaving and then returning a third time finally pulled the hood off of what Providence really was a scheme. The first post I remember seeing with my name was from Dalchi who tagged me as a spy, which I never was nor ever have been. After being part of fleet comms for a while I began to hear fleet members mentioning things that took place at work in real life, people's names, locations and web sites I was visiting while mining.  The same thing was taking place in real life over the radio stations at work and even from fellow employees acting as if they were Sev3rance members to try and draw me into their pseudo / real and real pseudo reality or passing through sci-fi and reality and back the opposite direction as tried to the make reality of Eve Online...real.

Needless too say such attempts are violations of both Eve Online rules as well as real life laws and the appropriate services were contacted and reported.

Sev3rance thought it was slick in its youthful abandon of playing in the digital world with their doxxing and bonus room spectacular of trying to get me to 'bend the knee' to them. But in their fringe of insanity they forgot a simply and ancient motive system that doesn't fail....that is the tape recorder that cannot be detected online and records everything.

It's obvious that I have been set too KOS by Sev3rance in their attempt to label me as an Awoxer where they would say that I infiltrated their region to spy on them thus fullfiling the self prophecy of Dalchi and the heretics that Sev3Rance are. But the truth is Sev3rance and those involved know the real story and no matter how much they flip and lie behind their silver tongues they know that they are lying.

Sev3rance infiltrated itself with its booster induced paranoia and created the enemy within itself....thy own worse enemy. 

Because all I did was come to Providence to mine and rat the belts to help with the Index. They know that and I know it as well.

You will see cargo cans issuing a warning when going in Providence from Assah and Dital. The warning message reads as follows:

***Capsuleer, be wary of entering this region. The riches of this region have hidden skeletons and monsters that will try and drag you into the depths of their dungeon to make you bend a knee to Sev3rance. Your best choice to make it in Providence is too stay a Neutral and never join Sev3rance. Good luck and Shulotzobling.***

Tickle us do we not laugh?
Prick us do we not bleed?
Wrong us...shall we not revenge?

« Last Edit: 13 Jan 2019, 14:58 by Dryson »

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
Re: Infiltration of an Enemy
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jan 2019, 15:53 »

Eve is 3real5me?

I've always wondered a bit about that aspect of Provi though, have to admit. When you're that open, you need to start nurturing either a prodigious paranoia or a very impressive naivete, don't you?

Jev North

• Egger
« Reply #2 on: 13 Jan 2019, 17:20 »

Please talk to a mental health professional about this.
Pinocchio forces another handful of flesh into his tiny wooden mouth. "You are what you eat," he sobs. "You are what you eat."

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #3 on: 13 Jan 2019, 17:23 »

My last trip to Providence was more paranoid than any other experience in Nullsec. I think the NRDS thing is a great legacy and it's is a gateway for people to get into nullsec (my first Null jaunt was with ISS), but man everyone was paranoid as hell there. The first system I moved into people tried to hunt me for the first two days even though I was blue to CVA and caused no problem. Another time I had friends who were ratting in vagabonds declared KoS because "nobody rats in vagabonds". Yeah it's not optimal but we wanted the T2 resists and wanted to travel quickly because the old sec status improvement system processed ticks in different systems quickly.

Not sure what all of this is, but it's not the first time I have heard that Sev3rance tried to get RL info on them to make sure they'd play by their rules.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #4 on: 13 Jan 2019, 17:28 »

Another time I had friends who were ratting in vagabonds declared KoS because "nobody rats in vagabonds". Yeah it's not optimal but we wanted the T2 resists and wanted to travel quickly because the old sec status improvement system processed ticks in different systems quickly.

If you only knew how often I got that shit back when I was in EM. I did the Sec Status Jig in Great Wildlands, pop a rat, zoom to next system, pop a rat etc and everyone kept running from me. I tried to reassure them. Hell, we're NRDS! Electus Matari? Good guys? GW friendly? I'm just doing the sec status jig. "Vagabond."   "I mean... yes?"

Although it wasn't entirely universal. I ran out of ammo once and ended up in the most bizzare exchange I've ever had in Eve when I struck up a conversation with some industrialists in a dead end system there, explained the situation and then ended up trading 15000 Fusion M from an Archon that was using Mining Drones in a belt, alongside a Hulk.

... God Eve really was weirder and better back in the day, huh? People did the weirdest shit.

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #5 on: 13 Jan 2019, 17:30 »

Yeah I was in CVA, and would frequently try to calm the locals. "Well he warped away from your hulk didn't he? He's just fixing sec status." A few days of that and they set him red for scaring the locals.

Oh old eve was a trip. I remember my mining ferox.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #6 on: 18 Jan 2019, 02:47 »

I remember OP.  I was the griefer.  It wasn't a 1-man corp, it was a corp spamming recruitment ads in local in Amarr newbie systems.  Had dozens of members, typical Du'uma Fiisi extortion wardec target corp at the time.  Ingame name was Dryson Bennington.  I also remember seeing him mining in Provi after dumping his roster.  I also remember him threatening litigation in the comments thread of one of my IC blog posts that mentioned his character's name (which is probably why I remember him and Mizhara, who was in Du'uma at the time, does not - when someone threatens to sue you IRL over a video game blog post, you remember lol).  If I remember correctly, he also made some pretty whacked out posts about it on the official forums around that time.  I've never known this guy to not say off-the-wall stuff.

First instinct is thread delete and IP ban based on what I already know about him, but...  fuck it.  If he's trying to enter the RP community, such as it is, who am I to stand in his way over years-old shenanigans.

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.