Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Dam-Torsad is the Amarr Imperial City and capital? Read the chron!

Author Topic: Recent Lore?  (Read 1545 times)

Renelle Ronuken

• Clonejack
Recent Lore?
« on: 03 Nov 2018, 10:13 »

Hi everyone,

I'm still pretty new here, and I'm finding it difficult to account for lore changes that happened between 2-3 years ago and now. The Backstage wiki is helpful, but most of the pages I come across haven't been updated since 2016. Sometimes I find things on the old official forums, but more often than not if I find a link and click on it, the page no longer exists.

This has become mildly frustrating because I'm trying to write a couple of stories for Pod & Planet, but three times now I've written an entire story based on what I found on the wiki, only to learn that what's on the wiki is no longer the case. (Examples: Soft cloning/backup clones, Insorum, the Elders.)

Is there anywhere else that might have up-to-date lore from the past few years? Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
Re: Recent Lore?
« Reply #1 on: 03 Nov 2018, 11:02 »

https://fiction.eveonline.com

Anything here and in the book Eve: Source is "canon" as it stands. Eve fiction is slowly being updated to parity with the old Evelopedia but it's an extremely long process.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #2 on: 03 Nov 2018, 11:18 »

The Elders article on Backstage wiki is up to date.

Insorum hasn't changed, up to the point that we don't know wtf is going on with it ever since Ishukone gave the recipe to the Minmatar.

The main trouble area was in backup cloning, but that was established with EVE Source.

Renelle Ronuken

• Clonejack
« Reply #3 on: 05 Nov 2018, 09:20 »

Thanks, y'all. :)

Regarding the specific subjects, am I right to think that the Elders haven't been heard from since YC110? And that I probably shouldn't have a character's background based around Insorum since it's so unclear?

I'll add EVE: Source to my Christmas list. It's... expensive. :(

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #4 on: 05 Nov 2018, 09:53 »

The Elders themselves have made no appearances I'm aware of since YC110, although Keitan Yun is their mouthpiece and he shows up fairly regularly.

You could certainly have a character who was cured from their Vitoc infection through the Elder Fleet's use of Insorum, but I'd avoid being much more specific than that myself.  ;)

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Renelle Ronuken

• Clonejack
« Reply #5 on: 05 Nov 2018, 11:31 »

Fair 'nuff. Thanks! ^.^