Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That CCP financed the initial development of EVE Online by publishing a board game called Hættuspil ("Danger Game")?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [ISODE] Institute of Social Development - Gallente RP Collaborative Corporation  (Read 3339 times)

Laurentis Thiesant

• Egger

The Institute of Social Development is a Gallentean lobbyist organisation devoted to promoting Federal policy with a focus on the political change vital to the growth of human potential accross Gallente space. The Institute actively works to develop, procure, and produce the technologies that it believes will drive the Federation into the future.

The Institute does not disclose a formal list of its donors and claims to be an independent organisation without affiliation to any acknowledged Gallentean political party. We strongly refute any claims by disreputable sources claiming any link between the Institute and the Serpentis Corporation.

Institute offices are found in cities accross the Federation, providing advice to government officials of all levels on a wide variety of issues. ISODE advisers are also known to operate inside the Intaki Syndicate and the Minmatar Republic.

The six initial 'campaigns' I briefly drew up just then are available here: http://isode.destori.com/?page_id=22
As you can see, a relatively diverse list.

My vision thus far for ISODE essentially revolves around building roleplay opportunities. Giving members, and outsiders, the opportunity to create something and to run with it in terms of engagement and any 'in game' practical applications that surround it. At a baser level, I also want to build up what without the RP would be termed a PvE/Industrial corporation as a loose affiliation of Indy characters.

So yeah.  :oops:

Please note: I haven't proof read anything on the website yet. I'm going to get back to that later with fresh eyes.
« Last Edit: 31 Aug 2013, 01:59 by Jianni Sotaku »

AOkazon

• Wetgraver
  • 'zis is going to be ze awezome.
Re: Gallentean Political Corporation
« Reply #1 on: 21 Aug 2013, 08:53 »

Yes good more Gallente faction rp please.

happy with current employer but would be glad to participate.

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #2 on: 21 Aug 2013, 11:32 »

I heartily approve, and I'd love to RP with you about this during one of my too-rare times ingame. :cube:

Anslol

« Reply #3 on: 21 Aug 2013, 11:59 »

This thing. I like it. But the lack of transparency will summon the naysayers.

* Anslol stealthy deploys the 'Sketchy Motive' beacon and flees into the night, cackling madly.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #4 on: 21 Aug 2013, 14:39 »

This thing. I like it. But the lack of transparency will summon the naysayers.

* Anslol stealthy deploys the 'Sketchy Motive' beacon and flees into the night, cackling madly.

the lack of transparency is the prime directive in gallentean RP  :twisted:

i approve! (would like to become a secret donor!)

Laurentis Thiesant

• Egger
« Reply #5 on: 21 Aug 2013, 19:41 »

Another potential RP avenue that I thought could be pretty would (either as part of or entirely separate to the Institute) be some kind of New Eden Press Club channel. I know that everyone gets annoyed at the traditional Gallente/Caldari, Amarr/Matari slavery debates and all those sort of usual ones. I understand that they are important parts of character framing for new RPers and I'd never stop them doing that, but I suppose I'd like us to have an opportunity to expand on that.

I'd like to see the Press Club used to debate lesser focused upon topics. I'd like to see a formal debate between a Gallentean Dove and a Gallentean Hawk on foreign affairs or the role of the FIO. I'd like to see a Matari Tribal going against a Matari democrat on the structure of government. I'd like to see the Intaki separatist debate played out in a formal channel setting. It's not the most exciting thing, but it could be rich world-building much like the Seyllin conferences.

Even if you don't want to join ISODE, I think this is a way we can develop RP together as a community and have some of the debates that people don't often get to publically have in a structured, logical and uninterrupted manner.

Of course I'd need volunteers to take on each position and so on.

« Last Edit: 21 Aug 2013, 19:48 by Jianni Sotaku »

Lyn Farel

« Reply #6 on: 22 Aug 2013, 06:08 »

You have my (useless) support.

And my axe.

Laurentis Thiesant

• Egger
« Reply #7 on: 22 Aug 2013, 06:24 »

And my axe.

In my experience, technically useless support is usually the kind associated with politics. It works well enough.

Bataav

• Egger
    • Intaki Liberation Front
« Reply #8 on: 22 Aug 2013, 06:28 »

I'd like to see a formal debate between a Gallentean Dove and a Gallentean Hawk on foreign affairs or the role of the FIO. I'd like to see a Matari Tribal going against a Matari democrat on the structure of government. I'd like to see the Intaki separatist debate played out in a formal channel setting. It's not the most exciting thing, but it could be rich world-building much like the Seyllin conferences.
This is an approach I find interesting. An opportunity to actually explore something without the conversation going awry, as per normal IGS service.
#FreeIntaki | #IntakiPride

Anslol

« Reply #9 on: 22 Aug 2013, 07:37 »

Wait can someone explain to be the whole dove/hawk thing? This must have been introduced way after I made my character...

EDIT: NVM looked it up. Will comment later.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #10 on: 22 Aug 2013, 07:51 »

Another potential RP avenue that I thought could be pretty would (either as part of or entirely separate to the Institute) be some kind of New Eden Press Club channel. I know that everyone gets annoyed at the traditional Gallente/Caldari, Amarr/Matari slavery debates and all those sort of usual ones. I understand that they are important parts of character framing for new RPers and I'd never stop them doing that, but I suppose I'd like us to have an opportunity to expand on that.

I'd like to see the Press Club used to debate lesser focused upon topics. I'd like to see a formal debate between a Gallentean Dove and a Gallentean Hawk on foreign affairs or the role of the FIO. I'd like to see a Matari Tribal going against a Matari democrat on the structure of government. I'd like to see the Intaki separatist debate played out in a formal channel setting. It's not the most exciting thing, but it could be rich world-building much like the Seyllin conferences.

Even if you don't want to join ISODE, I think this is a way we can develop RP together as a community and have some of the debates that people don't often get to publically have in a structured, logical and uninterrupted manner.

Now this seems very cool, and I quite like it, but I would fear it would go the same way as the New Eden Assembly, slowly fizzling out and dying ingloriously.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #11 on: 22 Aug 2013, 12:09 »

Well, it'd really be up to the participants to keep it going, wouldn't it?

I've been involved in a few of these sorts of things, and they usually end up being the baby of one particularly energetic individual with very strong feelings about how it all should go. In my opinion, this is always a bad thing, because the one individual tends to drive away other folks and then eventually burn out. I'm not sure what the solution to this problem would be, other than a general agreement that "we're doing X, and here's the charter we've voted on, and we're specifically going to watch out for this sort of thing."

After all, look at Backstage. It's doing what Jianni's idea describes, just OOCly. If the Backstage mod squad can keep this circus going, certainly we can get something like a Press Club or TED talk forum going.

I'll happily volunteer to be the Gallente hawk, by the way...  :twisted:

Lyn Farel

« Reply #12 on: 22 Aug 2013, 13:24 »

And my axe.

In my experience, technically useless support is usually the kind associated with politics. It works well enough.

Heh.

Mostly my OOC support as a player, at least.

Now this seems very cool, and I quite like it, but I would fear it would go the same way as the New Eden Assembly, slowly fizzling out and dying ingloriously.

Most RPers are interested by daily chit chat (cf the Summit). I also tried something similar in the past with the NEI and it barely worked the first 2 days.

Laurentis Thiesant

• Egger

I genuinely believe that there is a need in EVE RP for, in particular intra-faction conflict and debate. I think that a press club style debate between two sides of an issue can act to 'flesh out' these areas - whether player generated or based on something put forward by CCP. From there we'll have at the very least a basic universal set of 'facts' and rhetoric which can be brought to the IGS, the Summit, and personal RP based on what was prepared for the debate.

This is something anyone can engage in, and I don't think it matters if the character used is a 6 year old veteran, or if it is a throwaway alt made for the debate posing as someone - a 'special guest' - from the Imperial Academy or something. Even if you're characters are busy, you can always help worldbuild with this.

We may as well give it a shot, and the mode of delivery for the debate can be refined over time.

As for the Institute itself, well, people can always still join that and help me in other campaigns. It's mainly an RP association so freedom to do as you like within it is pretty much a given, although collaborate ingame events are entirely possible.

Laurentis Thiesant

• Egger
Re: [ISODE] 'The Free-Kunni'
« Reply #14 on: 02 Oct 2013, 10:39 »

And yes, I did notice that suddenly Ikea. Entirely a coincidence...

Pages: [1] 2