Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That small robots called "cleaner bugs" are used to keep space station areas free of refuse? (The Burning Life p. 74)

Author Topic: The other day I was thinking...  (Read 708 times)

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
The other day I was thinking...
« on: 25 Sep 2013, 00:07 »

'It's been awhile since someone blew up a cargo ship full of slaves.'

But orphans will do!

Steffanie, may your vengeance be terrible and bloody.
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
Re: The other day I was thinking...
« Reply #1 on: 25 Sep 2013, 08:24 »

I stand by all of those actions :P

I had no idea what she was going to bring, who would be with her nearby, or what would happen :P

Let's remember I was the one putting a few billion isk out there on a gimped t3 fit crossing my fingers she didn't have any help on the way. I also went and bought refugees to stuff into that bestower as well.  Saissore's character didn't try to negotiate much before showing up, which is fine of course.  She could have demanded an in-station transfer, all sorts of stuff.

Someone even suggested she bring a cyno to blops pain on me, she passed it up

would have been epic scheme fail had I been podded and laughed out of the area while the refugees go on to happy productive lives.

Repentence Tyrathlion

• Omelette
  • RIP?
« Reply #2 on: 25 Sep 2013, 09:05 »

I had no idea what she was going to bring, who would be with her nearby, or what would happen :P

Let's remember I was the one putting a few billion isk out there on a gimped t3 fit crossing my fingers she didn't have any help on the way. I also went and bought refugees to stuff into that bestower as well.  Saissore's character didn't try to negotiate much before showing up, which is fine of course.  She could have demanded an in-station transfer, all sorts of stuff.

would have been epic scheme fail had I been podded and laughed out of the area while the refugees go on to happy productive lives.

All the best plots have an element of risk. :yar:

Lyn Farel

« Reply #3 on: 25 Sep 2013, 09:19 »

cheers

Steffanie Saissore

• Knight Commander (in training)
  • Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
« Reply #4 on: 26 Sep 2013, 15:55 »

Ah, one of the reasons I passed up said offer was a stipulated condition. Steff (and in a sense me) was operating on the concept that Silas might be one to keep her word and would destroy the Bestower if I came in with friends.  It may be a naive way to deal with capsuleers, but Steff really is one to not judge another on hearsay.

I was also figuring, by the "you'll be allowed into the system" of the message, that you'd actually have a patrol or two of ?? ships and would know if I was coming in with a group ahead of time; or that you'd be in system in force and not just you and the one ship.

Yeah, I walked right into a trap and got burnt for it. Just glad that I didn't come in anything larger than the free-rookie frigate (though I did fit a couple of nice guns on it).  Still, at the end of the day, I did have fun, though I do believe you could have gotten a more beneficial outcome if you'd just hit the Bestower once and then demand begging to commence.  :D

This whole thing also gives me a reason for a slight change of course that has been in the works with Steffanie for a while now.
"And if the music stops, there's only the sound of the rain.  All the hope and glory, all the sacrifice in vain.  And if love remains though everything is lost, we will pay the price, but we will not count the cost."