Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That one of the primary exports of the Amarrian Theology Council is booze? (Theology Council in-game info, Market Activity tab).

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23

Author Topic: Skyrim  (Read 47773 times)

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
Re: Skyrim
« Reply #240 on: 30 Nov 2011, 13:41 »

What's with all the rage about Twilight? :roll: Those films are gorram hilarious.

Haters gonna hate.

For me, its watching dumbass girls swoon over an expression of purest chauvinism produced by an unloved wife.
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #241 on: 30 Nov 2011, 13:45 »

[mod]Let's keep it not too unpleasant or off-topic. There are people that like those movies after all.[/mod]

[spoiler]Though for the life of me I can't figure out why.[/spoiler]

Back on topic, I'm up to level 31, and I've not even explored more than half of the map, much less gone far on the main quest. I've just been poking around ruins and so on. I feel like 50 levels won't be enough :P

Invelious

• Reshjvajarr Man
  • Omelette
  • Plays the Roll
« Reply #242 on: 30 Nov 2011, 16:41 »

For whatever reason, my "Bolar's Blade" has vanished. Did not drop it, or sell it. Can certain mobs disarm you in combat or destroy your weapon? or NPCs steal from you? or is this a glitch and its lost fovever?

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #243 on: 30 Nov 2011, 17:28 »

For those who haven't seen it, the live-action Skyrim commercial is pretty epic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1AenlOEXao&feature=pyv

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Misan

• Shady Thukker & Ninja Admin
  • Pod Captain
    • Serious Thukking Business - Blog
« Reply #244 on: 30 Nov 2011, 18:16 »

For whatever reason, my "Bolar's Blade" has vanished. Did not drop it, or sell it. Can certain mobs disarm you in combat or destroy your weapon? or NPCs steal from you? or is this a glitch and its lost fovever?

You can get disarmed by some Draugr shouts. Have had it happen to me a couple times. Though I don't remember if that actually throws the weapon on the ground or not.
EVE Blog and Project Status: on hold -- busy being Thukker-esque IRL.
Twitter
What I'm busy with, if you're curious.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #245 on: 30 Nov 2011, 18:34 »

You can get disarmed by some Draugr shouts. Have had it happen to me a couple times. Though I don't remember if that actually throws the weapon on the ground or not.

Weapon gets chucked, goes flying if they shout again.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #246 on: 30 Nov 2011, 18:56 »

Lost a highly-enchanted legendary-grade two-handed like this. Made trying to fight with only minor magics and a back-up weapon interesting.

Was a Drauger boss - he shouted at he, ripping my weapono ut of my hands, before I could find it one of his two phantom-copies picked it up - when I 'killed' it it dissapeared, taking my weapon with it.

Unhappy is likely a good description for my feelings on the matter. Beyond this kind of situation, the weapon should land on the ground... somewhere. If you can't find it, I'm not sure why, beyond this kind of scenario above.

Invelious

• Reshjvajarr Man
  • Omelette
  • Plays the Roll
« Reply #247 on: 01 Dec 2011, 10:10 »

Lost a highly-enchanted legendary-grade two-handed like this. Made trying to fight with only minor magics and a back-up weapon interesting.

Was a Drauger boss - he shouted at he, ripping my weapono ut of my hands, before I could find it one of his two phantom-copies picked it up - when I 'killed' it it dissapeared, taking my weapon with it.

Unhappy is likely a good description for my feelings on the matter. Beyond this kind of situation, the weapon should land on the ground... somewhere. If you can't find it, I'm not sure why, beyond this kind of scenario above.

Now that you mention it I recall that happening to me, but I didn't think the weapon the Drauger picked up was mine.......UGHHHHHHHHHHH

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #248 on: 01 Dec 2011, 11:45 »

Why do none of my decisions turn out how I think they will in Bethesda games...

[spoiler] I finally get the gumption to join the Companions and gain some personal honor for my Nord rebel, and they're goddamn werewolves. Hircine's minions don't get into Sovngarde, so whats the point of the honor pursuits in the first place?! ><[/spoiler]

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
Will never happen to you

Kemekk

• Amarrian Ultranationalist
  • Wetgraver
  • Dei ta Reshios
« Reply #249 on: 01 Dec 2011, 12:04 »

I had the same thoughts, Senn.

Luckily:
[spoiler]You can cure yourself at the end of the Companions quest line so you can go to Sovngarde.[/spoiler]

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #250 on: 01 Dec 2011, 14:59 »

I kept werewolfism for one reason: the disease immunity. I don't actually use Beast Form because it's vastly inferior to my un-transformed self in raw damage. I wish Beast Form added to your stats, instead of subtracting a bunch.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #251 on: 01 Dec 2011, 21:08 »

I kept werewolfism for one reason: the disease immunity. I don't actually use Beast Form because it's vastly inferior to my un-transformed self in raw damage. I wish Beast Form added to your stats, instead of subtracting a bunch.

Tempted to keep it for this reason as well, though I don't like having to give up the 'rested' bonus.

On an unrelated note, is there a bug that causes you to lose perks, or do you start at a higher level than I remember? I thought you got one perk per level, but I just counted, and I have:

4 perks available,
2 perks in smithing
9 in destruction
9 in conjuration
5 in enchanting
2 in speech

which should mean that I'm around level 32 or so.

I'm actually level 38, unless we start at 5 or something rather than 1.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #252 on: 02 Dec 2011, 23:49 »

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #253 on: 03 Dec 2011, 01:39 »

I'm a little disappointed by lycanthropy.

I mean it's neat having the best oshit button in existence, though I haven't used it yet, and being immune to disease.
But I don't feel like a lycan. The only real side effect is not being given rested bonuses. Being totally in control, kind of lessens the awesomeness, if you ask me.

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
Will never happen to you

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #254 on: 03 Dec 2011, 01:57 »

True.

Ironically, it's the Vampires that have the control issues.

A little backwards if you ask me.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23