Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Lutin lights are sometimes seen by ships approaching the Iyen-Oursta stargate. Many Minmatar slaves believe that seeing the lights means their firstborn son will be blessed with freedom. Read more here.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23

Author Topic: Skyrim  (Read 47765 times)

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
Re: Skyrim
« Reply #225 on: 27 Nov 2011, 12:42 »

LOL.

Same spot, same companion, same thing.

I sat there and watched her hit that thing 10 times, and I giggled myself silly.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #226 on: 27 Nov 2011, 12:55 »

You know...

Maybe it was just me playing Fallout, but I really miss the VATS animation for ranged weapons.

I'd love to see the camera track my arrow on a crit strike, or have a kill animation for that or something.  I'm pure archery spec, so I keep missing out on kill animations :(

I'm going archery and stealth, and while I agree finishing moves are neat nothing beats a well placed arrow sending a foe flying back several feet from the impact.

DA5UN

• Wetgraver
  • Even drones can fly away
« Reply #227 on: 27 Nov 2011, 21:43 »

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #228 on: 27 Nov 2011, 23:18 »

Sad... on the one hand this new character of mine would be excellent as a Stormcloak, and I only got through the first two missions for Ulfric before I scrapped my old save...

On the other hand I'm really curious about the Companions. But I can't join both. <O>
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #229 on: 27 Nov 2011, 23:23 »

Erm... yes you can? Unless it's some IC reasoning that prevents you from doing it.

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #230 on: 27 Nov 2011, 23:29 »

<sagely Nord voice>

A man cannot serve two masters.

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
Will never happen to you

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #231 on: 27 Nov 2011, 23:30 »

<sagely Nord voice>

A man cannot serve two masters.

My thief, Companion, Arch-mage, Thane, Stormcloak disagrees....
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #232 on: 27 Nov 2011, 23:32 »

... I suppose I'm already a living instrument of Kynareth's will. Being a die-hard Nord patriot and an honor-seeking warrior doesn't seem so weird after that. @_@

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
Will never happen to you

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #233 on: 27 Nov 2011, 23:38 »

I'm actually with Senn on the 'A man cannot serve two masters' bit. Which is why you become the leader of some entity, then infiltrate or support other entities depending on your motives. My Listener for the Dark Brotherhood has infiltrated the Thieves' Guild to ensure there's good control over their actions and intel gathering, not to mention their resources are very useful for the Dark Brotherhood. The Stormcloaks are useful muscle to put into place for smacking down the Empire and create a new powerbase beholden to you, without them even knowing your true loyalty and so on and so forth.

There's -almost- enough freedom in Skyrim to invent good IC reasons for almost any character to do almost anything. I still can't find a good reason for my Nord Juggernaut to join the Mage's College, unless I create some reasoning to try and figure out the Thalmor fellow there.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #234 on: 28 Nov 2011, 02:17 »

Yes, in fact, my Imperial Battlemage is seeking Archmageship of the College of Winterhold, in order to establish Empire influence over the institute, as the Mages' Guild went under in Cyrodiil, as well as gain an Imperial foothold in the northeast overall. Just take what a character would say in-universe "Oh, yes, the Archmage? He's a battlemage with the Empire...you can't believe how it goes against tradition for us to be partial to a larger entity, here"

(also, mwaha, first Redguard archmage. Go go, positive discrimination? trolol)

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #235 on: 28 Nov 2011, 09:52 »

Then again, the Companions are entirely outside the war, according to Kodlak, and they don't really have a "leader." No one is "in charge," as they say over and over. So as long as I stay loyal to Ulfric until the end of my days and put no one before the rebellion, the Companions are more of a "club" than anything.

Now I just have to decide if I can tolerate their attitudes. >>

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
Will never happen to you

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #236 on: 29 Nov 2011, 15:42 »

Great overview of what I think are Skyrim's amazing strengths and some of its obvious weaknesses

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7290527/one-night-skyrim-makes-strong-man-crumble
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #237 on: 30 Nov 2011, 07:14 »

Akrasjel Lanate

• Omelette
« Reply #238 on: 30 Nov 2011, 08:10 »

Borza

• Kuru Khai
  • Omelette
  • We come for our people
« Reply #239 on: 30 Nov 2011, 09:43 »

What's with all the rage about Twilight? :roll: Those films are gorram hilarious.

Haters gonna hate.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23