Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the expansion name "Incarna" was Stitcher's winning entry in an E-ON magazine competition?

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23

Author Topic: Skyrim  (Read 47770 times)

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
Re: Skyrim
« Reply #120 on: 17 Nov 2011, 12:29 »

so, its a bit closer to Morrowind then? where at first you were like "aargh, a cliff racer" then later you were "heh, a cliff racer" ?
\o/

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #121 on: 17 Nov 2011, 15:12 »

Sorta. I think Bethsoft took notice of the leveling system crapbucket that was Oblivion. I am level 14, and I haven't seen Bandits in elven armor yet (appropriate for my level). Thankfully, they're still running around without shirts and shoes.

Also, no, there are no fucking cliff racers.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #122 on: 17 Nov 2011, 15:14 »

Level 20+ and Bandits are only using Fur armor or Steel armor still. I think they have a hard cap on their equipment, as the Thalmor always have Elven equipment regardless of level range.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #123 on: 17 Nov 2011, 15:41 »

Dragons are disappointingly easy to fight, really. :P

But then again, i'm a magic user. So I can freeze them in place, summon flame atronachs to nuke them, cast fireball all day long. . . ahh, the wonders of being Arch-mage of the college and wielder of various +100% magicka regen items. . .

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #124 on: 17 Nov 2011, 17:08 »

But then again, i'm a magic user. So I can freeze them in place, summon flame atronachs to nuke them, cast fireball all day long. . . ahh, the wonders of being Arch-mage of the college and wielder of various +100% magicka regen items. . .

Go to hell, some of us actually have to try.  >:O

Every dragon that swoops down on me, I have to hit with like 50 arrows. And by the time I get a shot off, he's usually clipped me with a breath spell.
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #125 on: 17 Nov 2011, 17:23 »

Yeah feeding dragons to my Storm Atronach and Dremora Lord is my new favorite pass time.....

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #126 on: 17 Nov 2011, 18:08 »

Go to hell, some of us actually have to try.  >:O

Every dragon that swoops down on me, I have to hit with like 50 arrows. And by the time I get a shot off, he's usually clipped me with a breath spell.

So, like i said, magic users ftw. :D

"Is he breathing fire? Use ice spells! Breathing both ice and fire? lightning!"
rinse, repeat. I have 8 dragon souls saved up at the moment. Dunno what I should do with them, not enough words to unlock yet.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #127 on: 17 Nov 2011, 18:29 »

My RP-perfectionist self is trying to justify how a Redguard sword mage who wears cloaks can be the Dragonborn Hero of Skyrim, considering the trailer had a warrior in it.

* Seriphyn rocks back and forth

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #128 on: 17 Nov 2011, 19:44 »

Trailer != prime fiction?

A dragonborn is a person selected by Akatosh to undertake the war against Alduin, isn't he? Could be anyone.

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
« Reply #129 on: 17 Nov 2011, 20:12 »

http://www.bethblog.com/index.php/2011/11/16/dragonborn/

Wat.  Also, so jealous of Matt (author of blog).  Used to do marketing with him years back.  Now he gets to work for Bethesda. 

DA5UN

• Wetgraver
  • Even drones can fly away
« Reply #130 on: 17 Nov 2011, 20:31 »

Mercer Fray sounds like Steve Martin.

That is all.

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
« Reply #131 on: 17 Nov 2011, 21:07 »

Mercer Fray sounds like Steve Martin.

That is all.

Stephen Russell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=883hEJ7Xowo

The leader of the Greybeards is Christopher Plummer:  http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001626/

Delphine of the Blades is Joan Allen (Bourne Conspiracy series blond CIA chick)

General Tulius=Colonel Tigh from BSG

Ulfric Stormcloak=some guy whose name I can't remember that was in The 13th Warrior and some episodes of MacGyver back when dinosaurs roamed the Earth

Azura=Wonder Woman

Most of the voice actors were used in Fallout 3 as well, and many in even older games (quite a few from Neverwinter Nights I believe). 

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #132 on: 17 Nov 2011, 22:38 »

Ulfric Stormcloak=some guy whose name I can't remember that was in The 13th Warrior and some episodes of MacGyver back when dinosaurs roamed the Earth

This guy. Perfect casting if you ask me.

Lo, there do I see my Father....

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #133 on: 17 Nov 2011, 22:44 »

God damnit, now I really want to see that movie again. And yes, that was brilliant casting by Bethesda. Slightly unrelated: I recently watched Thor and the swedish guy they got to play that aging professor didn't even get to say one word in Swedish. Hell, even his name was pronounced horribad wrong. Decent movie. Hate Marvel for what they did to the most badass mythology in the world. Don't get me wrong, the whole thing 'works' in a way. The 'magic' being technology so superior that it for all intents and purposes -is- magic is an interesting way to go, but damn... what's with the 'shiny' shit? Norse mythology is the darkest and grimmest damn mythology out there.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #134 on: 17 Nov 2011, 22:55 »

God damnit, now I really want to see that movie again. And yes, that was brilliant casting by Bethesda. Slightly unrelated: I recently watched Thor and the swedish guy they got to play that aging professor didn't even get to say one word in Swedish. Hell, even his name was pronounced horribad wrong. Decent movie. Hate Marvel for what they did to the most badass mythology in the world. Don't get me wrong, the whole thing 'works' in a way. The 'magic' being technology so superior that it for all intents and purposes -is- magic is an interesting way to go, but damn... what's with the 'shiny' shit? Norse mythology is the darkest and grimmest damn mythology out there.

And thus, the bleeding heart americans can't consider offering it to their kids as-is. Make it shiny and marvel-safe and they are good to go.

I'd let them have their joys in peace but I don't like the idea that a whole generation of american kids will get a completely fucked-up idea what Norse mythology is...  :bash:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23