Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Many medical services are provided by AIs rather than human doctors?  More on AIMEDs here.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Is there a plan?  (Read 4114 times)

Helen Ohmiras

Re: Is there a plan?
« Reply #30 on: 11 Oct 2011, 19:39 »

There was a Plan.  Then in 2005 the people with the plan left.  They took it with them.
;)

On the initial thrust of the thread though, You can't really have a plan thinking that far ahead.  You can have a blueprint, set in stone or otherwise, that can last that long.  A general, "This is how you do things," book.  A bible if  you will.  You might even call it scriptures.

Add in the fact that the Caldari and Gallente were both from the same star system, and that the Minmatar really didn't have an Empire to speak of, at least no one in the traditional sense... it only leaves one real "Empire" that has gone unchanged.  Remember, the Caldari broke away from the Federation.  There were originally only two real "Empires".  A well balanced equation.

Without help, you could argue that the Minmatar wouldn't have rebelled (successfully).  Without "help" in the form of the Capsule, the stalemate of the Cal-Gal war might have continued, and perhaps the Amarr could have easily defeated what was left after a long and bloody war.  The Amarr would have been the Masters of New Eden.  The Universe would have been Reclaimed.

All hail our Amarrian Overlords and whatnot.

So, who's plan does that leave?  What one Empire has stood the test of time, only suffering from minor changes over the years?

The Amarr.  Oh, and one other...

Think about it.  Every time the balance is thrown out of whack, someone steps in and intervenes.  For the Cal-Gal war and the Rebellion, it was the Jove.  Their ancient enemy?  The Enheduanni.  Could it be a variation of Enheduanna?  Now, the tinfoil gets a bit thick here, but think:

Inanna/Ishtar/Skymother/EVE? ;)  You want a real disturbing possibility, I'd look into this.   :twisted:

Also, there's some old hymns about Enheduanna's apotheosis, becoming a deity upon her death... the EVE wormhole closed, yet there's still a structure there.  ::whistles innocently::

Yeah, there's a plan.  It's not the plan you'd expect though.

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #31 on: 11 Oct 2011, 20:47 »

The Enheduanni are from 2006.   

Helen Ohmiras

« Reply #32 on: 11 Oct 2011, 20:48 »

The Enheduanni are from 2006.
The who-in-the-what now?

EDIT:  To further clarify, if there's one thing I've learned about writing for video games that I've learned from books written by people who write for video games, it's that everyone has their pet ideas.  Everyone has their own ideas on how the storyline should progress.  Producers, designers, programmers and QA; they've all get their hands in the pie at some point.  Just look at CCP (apparently after 2006).  Sometimes, Timmy has to take Old Yeller out behind the barn*.  Other times, Shane rides off into the sunset, slumped over his horse, and people debate whether he's really dead or just "sleeping".

tl;dr:  There are no Enheduanni, unless it/they fit in with a future expansion.  Just like said plans prior to 2005.

*I may or may not have ever seen that movie, and the names may or may not have been made up entirely by my brain.
« Last Edit: 11 Oct 2011, 21:01 by Helen Ohmiras »
Pages: 1 2 [3]