Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That  following several months of dedicated research, the Synenose Accord held a public and widely attended conference in the shattered Seyllin system, site of the tragic Seyllin Main-Sequence event? See more here

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Requesting Opinions: Jamyl / zombie clones / and what 'we' know IC  (Read 5703 times)

GoGo Yubari

• Omelette

I haven't read any of the relevant books, just so you know.

I think it's utterly obvious to a capsuleer. Jamyl was killed, yet lives. "Yeah, kinda like me." Occam's Razor.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/

Amarrian epic arc.

The guy joined Sansha because he was disillusioned by this Jamyl debacle.

Book of Names.

You get your name taken out of it and your whole family loses its name.

Basically Dark Ages excommunication from the Church, it's free for all for everyone when it comes to you, your family and its belongings.

Amarr bloc giving any kind of support.

No.

You would get a few kindly pats on your back and a few thumbs up, but nothing concrete.

Personally I believe every one who was RPing a 'religious Amarrian' when TEA hit knew that they were selling out their characters views when they decided to go with the 'miracle' hand waving, it was all about keeping your play style as it was. Those that didn't either left the game or were ostracized.

* Louella Dougans hugs Lallara

it's true though  :(

the way it has been written, jamyl's a clone, sacred flesh doctrine means nothing, the religion means nothing.

pretty  much all the point of rping with the amarr religion has gone. Everyone goes "hurrdurr it's a scam to control people", and so all the things like the wars against blood raider people, there's no point.

Just allows the armchair critics to sneer and say "you're doing it wrong". orthodox amarr disagrees with a sani sabik, people just go "hurdurr, you're both wrong, god is a lie, blah blah." Just another way to block someone from rping.

yaay, the future is people who believe in nothing except increasing their wallets. isn't that fun? go 0.0 powerblocks.

p.much, the jamyl thing is a big "LOLRP" to everyone who ever cared about the background.
\o/

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile

Perhaps what is needed here is a capsuleer equivalent of that Tetrimon fellow? Jamyly being a podder & all it could be argued her doctrinal naughtiness is a matter for faithful podders to clean up. You'd have to persuade CCP to let you run a plot where you trash the character though. Good luck with that (but it might be worth a try).

Either that or you form another splinter faction & go set up in 0.0, running your turf on what you consider to be the proper religious way. Seems to have worked for EoM and the Blooders. After a fashion. Mind you they have the infinite supply of NPC cannon fodder to help them. I suspect any attempt to run anything in 0.0 on roleplaying grounds would be exterminated just on general principal.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

GoGo Yubari

• Omelette

You don't think they basically put her up so there could be cool religious strife and ultimately an uprising against her? All this including the splintering of the Empire, all the Khanid jazz and who knows what?

Okay, okay, back up! I'm not saying that what they did with Jamyl wasn't a bad move for all the reasons stated here. I do have to agree there, but I'm just thinking they thought they were providing some cool fodder for roleplayers (instead of actually ending up doing the opposite). Of course this is made worse by the fact that there is zero follow-up on their plots (and yeah, some plan to publish a book in 2043 is not follow-up).

What this means is that they hurt Amarr RP pretty grievously while at the same time making it seem like the Amarr RPers are a bunch of whiners who just can't roll with it. What a way to stoke your community into utmost enthusiasm!

tarunik

• Resident Wormhole Lord
  • Wetgraver

Perhaps what is needed here is a capsuleer equivalent of that Tetrimon fellow? Jamyly being a podder & all it could be argued her doctrinal naughtiness is a matter for faithful podders to clean up. You'd have to persuade CCP to let you run a plot where you trash the character though. Good luck with that (but it might be worth a try).

Either that or you form another splinter faction & go set up in 0.0, running your turf on what you consider to be the proper religious way. Seems to have worked for EoM and the Blooders. After a fashion. Mind you they have the infinite supply of NPC cannon fodder to help them. I suspect any attempt to run anything in 0.0 on roleplaying grounds would be exterminated just on general principal.
Or poor ol' Jamyl could just take a wrong turn in W-space...that's as good of a way to lose a clone as any. ;) *can't wait to get into a Broadsword*

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...

Unfortunately, a player's cheating ensured not only that we won't have any other intricate and player-involving storylines like that ever again, but also that all the work and events that happened during those events have been retconned out of history completely.  :|

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/

Empyrean age also wrote Ushra'khan and Electus matari out of history as well.

ushra'khan get flat out told their insorum sample is meaningless, and electus matari get flat out told the entire republic is a sham.

so it's not just amarr players who are :| at things
\o/

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq

And to think at first I was upset to hear that the Serpentis Corporation had been left out of the books.

Yoshito Sanders

• Egger

I always thought when Jamyl self-destructed her capsule, there was no corpse. She could have always faked her death too.

Doesn't make her less of a heretic, but it's still something.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...

Empyrean age also wrote Ushra'khan and Electus matari out of history as well.

ushra'khan get flat out told their insorum sample is meaningless, and electus matari get flat out told the entire republic is a sham.

so it's not just amarr players who are :| at things

Very good point.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type

And to think at first I was upset to hear that the Serpentis Corporation had been left out of the books.

Dear CCP

No SerpCursions please.
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Jekaterine

• Like the wind
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
  • Wandering the halls of Chatsubo

I can't but feel bad when we're cheering the fact that CCP is showing no interest in our favourite faction,whichever it might be, as it means they're not fucking it beyond belief.

It should be the other way around.
I can only hope they sort things out so that Amarrians and everyone else they've "streamlined" into one way or the highway become multifaceted. Which is better for Eve and makes it more interesing wheter you'rean RPer or not.
Quote from: Ciarente the beatific, patron saint of moderators big and small
ban ban ban

Yoshito Sanders

• Egger

I think the Amarr side is just as multifacted as it was before Jamyl. For a while, at least, the Amarr were all basically on the same pathway, during the time between Doriam's assassination and Jamyl coming back. At least Jamyl gave Yonis a chance to rise as an opposition power.

Rodj Blake

• Egger
  • Amarr Victor Meldrew

The problem with not supporting Jamyl is that there's nobody else to support in her place.

All of the heirs support her (in public at least), and the Theology and Privy Councils do as well.  So it's hard to denounce her without denouncing every part of the imperial apparatus as well.

ICly, we don't know much.    The Amarrian bigwigs announced that her candidacy was valid, but didn't really say why.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

The problem with not supporting Jamyl is that there's nobody else to support in her place.

All of the heirs support her (in public at least), and the Theology and Privy Councils do as well.  So it's hard to denounce her without denouncing every part of the imperial apparatus as well.

ICly, we don't know much.    The Amarrian bigwigs announced that her candidacy was valid, but didn't really say why.

This is a good assessment. The problem isn't so much that Jamyl is invalid, its that "who is going to challenge or replace her?"  Any Imperial nails that stick up in the current political climate will promptly be hammered back down by the system.

No single Heir would dream of open opposition without the support, or at least agreement to not interfere and see how the dust settles, from the other Heirs. 

Open civil war with the Republic already hounding the borders would be disastrous. 

And any capsuleers doing similar would quickly be ostracized and excommunicated from the loyalist 'camp.' 

Complicated webs we weave!

Pages: 1 [2] 3