Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That high-orbit shuttle deployment is the most popular method of passenger and freight transportation from planets to space? Read more here.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: [Chronicle] Uplifted  (Read 8786 times)

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
Re: [Chronicle] Uplifted
« Reply #15 on: 20 Dec 2010, 15:30 »

We've been making the ME jokes for half a year now. -_-
now we'll never be able to escape them!

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #16 on: 20 Dec 2010, 15:49 »

the ME jokes
They are the vanguard of our destruction.

Amann Karris

« Reply #17 on: 20 Dec 2010, 15:57 »

"I found one day in school a boy of medium size ill-treating a smaller boy. I expostulated, but he replied: 'The bigs hit me, so I hit the babies; that's fair.' In these words he epitomized the history of the human race."

Education and the Social Order
- Bertrand Russell

"#Sansha We're giving back the dream."

-twitter.com/citizenastur

Nascent

• Clonejack
« Reply #18 on: 20 Dec 2010, 16:22 »

the ME jokes
They are the vanguard of our destruction.
THIS IS TRUE POWER

*ahem*

On a constructive note, at least they finally gave us an explanation for the Empire forces being practically inert.  It still feels like an ass pull but it's more plausible than claiming an entire system's worth of naval ships/regional fleets are focusing on just the drop ships.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #19 on: 20 Dec 2010, 17:26 »

I Almost feel like this chronicle is done in response to that thread about why the navy isn't responding.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #20 on: 20 Dec 2010, 17:50 »

When haeldone gave the briefing about how the communications of a system went down, I joked about how much it was like the horizon mission briefing.

And yep. there we go.

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #21 on: 20 Dec 2010, 18:10 »

This chronicle pleases me. They are still quite willingly walking into our dropships.

And I quote:

Before the victims below could understand what was happening, the nanites had already passed through the outer layer of skin, navigated the bloodstream, and attached themselves to the base of their spinal cords. When enough of the insidious little things had amassed in a single person, they begin to emit rhythmic electrical pulses ― not enough to disrupt higher brain functions, but more than enough to overpower the simple neural pathways below the neck. People screamed and shouted, struggled in vain, and cried pitifully for help, but their bodies wouldn’t respond. They walked out into the green tinted glare of wide-angle tractor beams, which lifted them off the ground by the thousands. Their bodies tumbled slowly, out of control, up into the waiting dropships.

I don't think you quite understood what I meant by that.

I usually don't understand what happens with Sansha stuff, which is why I usually keep my hands off of it, but this time I wanted to be glib about it like the cool kids.
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #22 on: 20 Dec 2010, 18:56 »

This chronicle pleases me. They are still quite willingly walking into our dropships.

And I quote:

Before the victims below could understand what was happening, the nanites had already passed through the outer layer of skin, navigated the bloodstream, and attached themselves to the base of their spinal cords. When enough of the insidious little things had amassed in a single person, they begin to emit rhythmic electrical pulses ― not enough to disrupt higher brain functions, but more than enough to overpower the simple neural pathways below the neck. People screamed and shouted, struggled in vain, and cried pitifully for help, but their bodies wouldn’t respond. They walked out into the green tinted glare of wide-angle tractor beams, which lifted them off the ground by the thousands. Their bodies tumbled slowly, out of control, up into the waiting dropships.

I don't think you quite understood what I meant by that.

They are going willingly. It's just not their will that is involved.

I would mantain that this takes the nice Sansha saviours of humanity notion and shoots it in the head. With a howitzer.

Most of New Eden is grey. But there is still horror in there. The Sansha, the Rogue Drones and possibly the ultimate fate of the Jove come to mind as the best examples of this.

And, of course, the comedy elements like the EoM.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Amann Karris

« Reply #23 on: 20 Dec 2010, 19:09 »

Most of New Eden is grey.
I would beg to differ.  I would say there are many colors, many shades, and grey morality does not constitute a "grey" universe.  Still...

But there is still horror in there. The Sansha, the Rogue Drones and possibly the ultimate fate of the Jove come to mind as the best examples of this.
...there isn't always a happy ending.  As for the Rogue Drones, I don't think the full picture regarding them has been fully revealed.

Nation?  You can deny the nature of the beast all you want, but that does not make it any less hungry, and you any less appetizing.  ;)

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #24 on: 20 Dec 2010, 19:10 »

Rogue drones are an entirely different sort of horror altogether, and one I'd like to explore further in the near future.

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #25 on: 20 Dec 2010, 19:30 »

Okay, before anyone says anything anywhere at any time.

I'm aware there's practically no bloodless hand in EVE, and the clean ones certainly don't belong to the empires or rogue factions or anything like that. I'm also fully aware why Sansha loyalist players still stick to their faction, and why I don't have a right to infringe on that.

What I am saying is, I think I agree with Arnulf. This is the last nail in the coffin for the "peaceful" theories. Still, no reason to suddenly drop all interest in Sansha, or for the Sansha pilots to give up their work.

... ffs, why am I still contributing, I don't even like this story arc! ><

I'm getting some damn pizza...
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #26 on: 20 Dec 2010, 19:32 »

Of course, offering my opinion is largely redundant and open to general ridicule from the greater community, however, I agree with Senn's points.

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #27 on: 20 Dec 2010, 22:46 »

Kinda lame, but at least there's an explanation. It only took a few months.  :|

KJLLV

« Reply #28 on: 21 Dec 2010, 00:38 »

A nice enough read, in spite of the as mentioned Collector-esque theme. Ha, well.

Vieve

« Reply #29 on: 21 Dec 2010, 03:14 »

When haeldone gave the briefing about how the communications of a system went down, I joked about how much it was like the horizon mission briefing.

And yep. there we go.

So, Ze'ev?  Make with the creation of a Seeker swarm Sansha bug antidote.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4