Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Blood Raiders as a faction are motivated principally by the desire to draw closer to the Red God? (The Burning Life, p. 56)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: [Chronicle] Uplifted  (Read 8785 times)

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
[Chronicle] Uplifted
« on: 20 Dec 2010, 11:49 »

http://www.eveonline.com/background/potw/default.asp?cid=20-12-10

Well well well

Edit; Having read the chronicle now.

I find it interesting they went with the ME2 Collectors method of people harvesting, but it is suitably within the theme of the Sansha since the people are fully aware of what are happening to them. I thought something like this would happen (lol burning life), but heyo.

This chronicle pleases me. They are still quite willingly walking into our dropships.

Also about to check the eve forums, I'm willing to bet someone suddenly has a revelation of what happens now.

Edit 2; Oh good lord are those Sansha suits in the background with the people, I wants them :O
« Last Edit: 20 Dec 2010, 12:34 by Ghost Hunter »
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
Re: [Chronicle] Uplifted
« Reply #1 on: 20 Dec 2010, 12:42 »

This chronicle pleases me. They are still quite willingly walking into our dropships.

And I quote:

Before the victims below could understand what was happening, the nanites had already passed through the outer layer of skin, navigated the bloodstream, and attached themselves to the base of their spinal cords. When enough of the insidious little things had amassed in a single person, they begin to emit rhythmic electrical pulses ― not enough to disrupt higher brain functions, but more than enough to overpower the simple neural pathways below the neck. People screamed and shouted, struggled in vain, and cried pitifully for help, but their bodies wouldn’t respond. They walked out into the green tinted glare of wide-angle tractor beams, which lifted them off the ground by the thousands. Their bodies tumbled slowly, out of control, up into the waiting dropships.

An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #2 on: 20 Dec 2010, 12:43 »

And I quote:

Before the victims below could understand what was happening, the nanites had already passed through the outer layer of skin, navigated the bloodstream, and attached themselves to the base of their spinal cords. When enough of the insidious little things had amassed in a single person, they begin to emit rhythmic electrical pulses ― not enough to disrupt higher brain functions, but more than enough to overpower the simple neural pathways below the neck. People screamed and shouted, struggled in vain, and cried pitifully for help, but their bodies wouldn’t respond. They walked out into the green tinted glare of wide-angle tractor beams, which lifted them off the ground by the thousands. Their bodies tumbled slowly, out of control, up into the waiting dropships.

I don't think you quite understood what I meant by that.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #3 on: 20 Dec 2010, 12:53 »

Nobody understands ghostie.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #4 on: 20 Dec 2010, 12:57 »

They are walking into position to be tractorbeamed.

Not being carried by the Sansha Troopers.

Therefore (low-resolution) video footage would show people apparently walking un-coerced.
\o/

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #5 on: 20 Dec 2010, 13:16 »

The body's willing but the mind says no. :P
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Nascent

• Clonejack

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #7 on: 20 Dec 2010, 13:25 »

Well, I thought it was pretty clear what was happening. The parasites hijack their motor functions, even if they try to resist mentally. It goes back to what The Plague Years said about True Slaves realizing what they are but having no way to help themselves.

Medarr

• Clonejack
« Reply #8 on: 20 Dec 2010, 13:40 »

I knew it but nobody ever listens to me  ;)
" If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst forth at once in the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One.
I am become Death, the shatterer of worlds ". -- The Bagavad Gita,

Borza

• Kuru Khai
  • Omelette
  • We come for our people
« Reply #9 on: 20 Dec 2010, 13:49 »

Yup, still taking unwilling people as slaves as far as Borza is concerned. Even if he doesn't have that specific info IC there are anti-amarr/slavery zealots known to him who had been taken, obviously not something they'd choose.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #10 on: 20 Dec 2010, 13:50 »

I like how this sheds new light into that "liberty pill" issue we had on Solitude.

Borza

• Kuru Khai
  • Omelette
  • We come for our people
« Reply #11 on: 20 Dec 2010, 13:54 »

I like how this sheds new light into that "liberty pill" issue we had on Solitude.

Yeah I'm just waiting for people to now suggest that civilians lock themselves in rooms and take muscle relaxants/anesthetics when they learn of an incoming Sansha attack.

Medarr

• Clonejack
« Reply #12 on: 20 Dec 2010, 13:54 »

I wonder what happens if somebody els starts hacking the concord networks and stumbles across embedded sansha attack code.
« Last Edit: 20 Dec 2010, 13:56 by Medarr »
" If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst forth at once in the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One.

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #13 on: 20 Dec 2010, 15:13 »

Yep, Sansha = Collectors, apparently.

[spoiler]If Inhonores doesn't show up soon... there won't be a cluster left to save.[/spoiler]

Medarr

• Clonejack
« Reply #14 on: 20 Dec 2010, 15:29 »

Well, I thought it was pretty clear what was happening. The parasites hijack their motor functions, even if they try to resist mentally. It goes back to what The Plague Years said about True Slaves realizing what they are but having no way to help themselves.

Imagine the mental suffering true slaves endure when faced with their loved ones as drone or during a incursion. I wonder what it would do to a mind and how they deal with remorse and other such feelings.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4