Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

debris from starship combat near planets sometimes survives re-entry, as when a relay station on Yong III was destroyed by debris after a fierce fight in low orbit on 27.08YC105.

Author Topic: Charity Fashion relief convoy to Pator  (Read 1050 times)

Muck Raker

• Wetgraver
Charity Fashion relief convoy to Pator
« on: 01 Jun 2014, 13:51 »

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=347288&find=unread

I've been given 3 crates of clothing in relation to this thread, so I figured that I could make some kind of miniature event out of it.

3 crates, each 60m3. So, I figured that I could fly one of them, and 2 other people could fly the other crates.

We'd expect some people to be Angry Minmatar who are Angry at Federal Interference, to attack the fashion convoy, and some people to be pro-fashion, and support. And a bunch of other people who'd pass comment on what the others were doing. "How typical of Minmatar" and so on.

So, who wants in, and when would suit ? I figured next Saturday or Sunday would be ideal.

Fabulous prizes to be won, and by fabulous, I mean being mentioned in Gutter Press articles.

Lunarisse Aspenstar

Re: Charity Fashion relief convoy to Pator
« Reply #1 on: 01 Jun 2014, 22:17 »

Oh I might go for that if I am around.  Weekends are rough in the summer for me.

genofunk

« Reply #2 on: 02 Jun 2014, 01:27 »

Me and Zena will probably be there.

Muck Raker

• Wetgraver
« Reply #3 on: 02 Jun 2014, 13:27 »

obtained some more objects to make things more interesting.

I'm unsure on aggression mechanics and such, my thought would be...

At the Gallente-Minmatar border, just before jumping in, the Fashion Fleet would try and grab as many suspect flags as possible. Meanwhile on the other side, the Opposing Force would similarly try and get suspect flags. Then Fashion Fleet jumps in.

But how to do this ? and will people have the discipline not to shoot their fleetmates too early ?

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #4 on: 02 Jun 2014, 13:48 »

More importantly, will you able to avoid just being welped be any neutral fleet (remember, engaging a suspect does not grant you suspect yourself - they will be able to engage you piecemeal).

Might I reccomend linking each fleet's members in the other fleet's chat, and then having each member request a duel from all opposing fleet members? It'll produce some spammy-as-hell message for a while, but it'll be at least more controllable.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
« Reply #5 on: 07 Jun 2014, 23:37 »

If you're gonna be engaging each other regardless you could just form one fleet for both sides. Or did they change that mechanic?
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #6 on: 08 Jun 2014, 15:17 »

Well, nothing would be stopping you from doing that. It wouldn't let you automatically shoot each other, though.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Muck Raker

• Wetgraver
« Reply #7 on: 09 Jun 2014, 12:08 »

1 Gallente cruiser turned up, no Minmatar violent opposition was observed, though I did see Anabella and Ava, though they may have been looking for their WTs rather than patronising fashionistas.