Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That there was a total information blockade during the Caldari occupation of Placid, only lifted when the Caldari Navy in the area was destroyed or driven out?

Author Topic: Oniseki Holdings - OOC Thread  (Read 962 times)

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
Oniseki Holdings - OOC Thread
« on: 06 Feb 2013, 14:57 »

継続は力なり。
"Perseverance is Power"

So, after a long while of paying gentle attention to Oniseki Holdings, I'd like to gather some OOc opinions on how I've been doing. It's meant to be a humorous, yet touching insight into the efforts of a Caldari capsuleer's startup baseline company. While parts of it are obvious comic relief, other parts are touches with dramatic flair and run of the mill updates on the company itself.

I wanted to give a more human face to the Caldari minor corporate system. It's not megacorporate politics at the top level, but rather the smallest denomination of business you'd find in the State. Small purpose ventures by entrepreneurs.

So what do you all think? Does how Oniseki Holdings' portrayal match up with your ideal of the Caldari State? Does it seem plausible and realistic? Is it boring, or exciting? Is it going against PF, or expanding on it? Do you have any suggestions for possible directions I could take it?
« Last Edit: 27 May 2013, 14:11 by Katrina Oniseki »

Gesakaarin

Re: Oniseki Holdings - OOC Thread
« Reply #1 on: 09 Feb 2013, 12:45 »

I quite like it. Has that, "As wholesome as Caldari pie" vibe to it from 50's or 60's American advertising. Where everyone's happy and carefree lives are only due to buying the products in the ads -- just remember that when the bombs fall to hide under your desk (Manufactured to highest standards by Ishukone Corporation).

Unlike perhaps Patriot mega ads where they outline in detail all the myriad ways every single one of their products can assist loyal citizens in killing enemies of the Caldari State.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #2 on: 09 Feb 2013, 12:58 »

That's the idea! I've been meaning to write more chrons about what it's really like working there, like how the No-Spill cupholders in the company cars don't fit any standard cup sizes. Little annoyances that ruin the concept of whatever these features are trying to do.

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #3 on: 09 Feb 2013, 18:43 »

I've enjoyed it from the perspective of it being one woman's attempt to correct a few of the things she dislikes about the Corporate system and the ways in which that has sometimes backfired - like the riots last year.

To be honest, with the Isk Multiplier, I'm pretty sure that Capsuleers would get WAY more involved in regular businesses, if only because most of us could afford to bankroll a pretty sizable one  out of petty cash, and because most of us think we could do better ourselves.

Actually it would be quite a mess!

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Last Edit: 27 May 2013, 15:04 by Katrina Oniseki »