Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

DioCore is a Gallentean research firm that survived a hostile takeover by its own start-up investors, MindChill, in the early days of the company.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: War Deck, Vanguard Imperium, OOC Disclaimer  (Read 9872 times)

Kazzzi

• Egger
War Deck, Vanguard Imperium, OOC Disclaimer
« on: 02 May 2011, 06:07 »

Before the waters get poisoned by bitter vets, I figure I should explain a few things to whom it may concern.

U'K <3 Vanguard Imperium.

We're a smaller alliance now than a year ago, we have a pretty chill leadership and a general desire to restore our RP base. Our members had been complaining for months about a lack of slavers for pewpewing with. There were several threadnaughts on the U'K forum about our RP focus. FW mechanics don't support our alliance long term and most nullsec alliances don't really give much RP satisfaction to focus on. We were a bit stumped on how to provide new RP conflicts for our members. Then we saw Vanguard Imperium members in RP channels, on IGS and in local and we were stoked. Khanid slavers who seemed pretty cool.

We eventually decided to launch a campaign against VI. I recall mentioning the idea to Silas a while back, but it was Borza who really pushed for it. Then as we were about to hit the button, PL went all nomnom in Querious. Figuring VI prolly had their hands full, we decided to wait until PL's campaign was over. We have no OOC desire to see VI lose space to any coalition. We OOCly wish them the best in their endeavors in Querious and hope it works out for them there. The sole reasons for our little campaign are to provide RP conflict, content and hopefully a bit of fun for both sides.

« Last Edit: 02 May 2011, 06:12 by Kazzzi »

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
Re: War Deck, Vanguard Imperium, OOC Disclaimer
« Reply #1 on: 02 May 2011, 06:15 »

Sehr gut, without studying exact numbers, I assumed Ushra'Khan was some massive alliance, and Vanguard was much smaller (cause of lolRPer syndrome), so when I heard they were going to war, I thought it was a big fish going after a small fish. Them also holding sov as an RP alliance is also a good thing in my books.

So *thumbs up*

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette
« Reply #2 on: 02 May 2011, 06:45 »

Derp Seri... -93- (Vanguard Imperium) is NOT small, we have a fair amount of numbers... and be aware, we don't all wear the same alliance badge... and out in Null, its our playground ;)

And Kazzzi? we <3 you too.
Well, I do >_> Dunno about Silas :P

I look forward to seeing how it goes, I can't poke my nose into it right now due to :RL: but I hope many 'sploded ships and awesome fights occur!

Innocence prooves nothing - Solen Sean

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #3 on: 02 May 2011, 10:34 »

Frankly, this is looking to be one of the most interesting RPwars in a long time (not in the least because both sides seem to be intent on pew, not just smack).

I'll be watching closely.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #4 on: 02 May 2011, 12:06 »

Enjoy this one guys, I rather envy you, but will be content in the know that you will likely have loads of fun.

And for god's sakes, someone fraps it and link us the epic video, I've not seen a worthwile EVE film in quite some time.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #5 on: 02 May 2011, 19:58 »

Hello all!

I miss backstage for a few days and see this when I returned!

Agree with the OP, looking forward to fun stuff.  In a lot of ways it's a shame that U'K lives so far away, as we'd probably be having a lot more frequent conflicts if we were only a region or so next to each other.  The distances are just a bit much right now so it's a bit cumbersome for me to send pilots 40-50 jumps for a roam into enemy areas.

For those of you watching ringside we haven't really seen any action yet. We've had a lot of cloaky types in a few of our systems and a few attempts at hitting some of our NPC ratters.  I think we traded one dramiel Kill in our space and one BS loss in high sec so far, but no actual 'engagements' in any organized capacity with large numbers yet.

Anyway as the OP said, nothing but love OOC for your group and you can be sure if I re-rolled Minmatar I'd be fighting the oppression right along side you. 

Of course until that time, "it's on" as they say :)

I will make sure to give -factual- and legit battle reports as they come in, at least for anything that I participate in.

Borza

• Kuru Khai
  • Omelette
  • We come for our people
« Reply #6 on: 03 May 2011, 08:34 »

Mmm Querious seems like a nice neighbourhood to play in :)

Hope to see you in space guys. With any luck you'll get repeat visits, feel free to road-trip over to Curse too!

Raphael Saint

• I should really go back to mining
  • Wetgraver
    • Miner Inconvienences [Blog]
« Reply #7 on: 04 May 2011, 17:39 »

Tempted to join U'K...  :D

Lyn Farel

« Reply #8 on: 04 May 2011, 18:14 »

Tempted to join U'K...  :D

I have to admit that I loled.  :lol:

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #9 on: 04 May 2011, 21:19 »

Heard we got a few ships blasted out today for one measly logi kill ;)

Of course you damnable heathens won't send your fleets in when I'M online and coordinating :(

Damn these timezones.

I'll probably push a group or two in you all's direction in the next week or so, so stay tuned of course.

Borza

• Kuru Khai
  • Omelette
  • We come for our people
« Reply #10 on: 05 May 2011, 02:29 »

I missed the op myself, but here's an AAR from our forum:

Ok, Xious decided to bail on the CTA due to hearing there would be a Sex in the city special on tv. In his absence, Forlorn took the gang out, about 18 strong at peak. Drakes/logi/dics and a few vagas.

Got through HED fairly uneventfully, with the locals clearing off gate as soon as they scouted us. From there, went into Querious and straight to the VI home system. Aside from a little smack, they did nothing, and shooting station services got dull, so fleet moved on. 3j away we found an 8 man gang sat on gate in bs+logi. 3-4 of them went down, the rest jumped out to a friendly system next door and went safe. We waited a few minutes, then picked a new system to visit. 2j in, we found a scorpion on gate and popped it, but had a red defense gang land on us just as the scorp went done. 10 minutes later, KB looked like: http://www.ushrakhan.com/edk/?a=kill_related&adjacent&kll_id=141683

In the battle, Nauril/Dirrke had to jump behind the red gang, separating themselves from us, but staying safe. We made a swift break for the edge of querious for a bio and to reship if needed, and then went back in to rescue Naurill/Dirrke. Aside from a few bubbles, this was a complete non-event, and they were quickly back in safety (complete with motivational jailbreak music over comms).

All in all, great night. We found some fights of the right size, and had a great little scrap with them. Thanks for coming along peeps...

Yeah it'd be cool to have a couple of scraps just U'K vs VI but TZs can be a pain. Plus a few of our FCs are sulking and refusing to lead gangs this week which doesn't help  :roll:

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette
« Reply #11 on: 05 May 2011, 05:09 »

Saw you in UVHO last night (before DY) Borza - Totally would have hunted you if I hadn't accidentally my RL and left KP-V.
Being nuetral to your old alliance in that system = baaad!

So, another day ;)
Nice to see you out there and bringing the fights!

Innocence prooves nothing - Solen Sean

Borza

• Kuru Khai
  • Omelette
  • We come for our people
« Reply #12 on: 05 May 2011, 05:22 »

Yeah I missed last night's scrap, but have been looking for targets of opportunity I might be able to take on :)
Without an organised op we tend to be in semi-squishy ships for operating behind enemy lines of course.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #13 on: 05 May 2011, 05:44 »

They don't see me cloakin'... dey hatin'...

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #14 on: 05 May 2011, 08:19 »

Nice work yesterday,

Without giving too much operational details away (but more than usual for my RP family):

Basically you caught an unorganized fleet, and the group you engaged was only about half-coordinated and not yet properly merged, and it showed. 

When I saw the battle on the boards I did indeed facepalm; on paper that should have been an obvious win for our guys, considering the ships on the field.  Some obvious tactical mistakes I will be going over with those that were calling targets. Sometimes two fleets merge in the wrong direction... :P

Kudos for coming down with a good-sized group, and hopefully my guys losing some poorly fitted ships will show people the light a bit, so you guys just keep bringing it on until they do better.  Practice is practice is practice.  A few spankings will be good for motivation and hopefully get them fired up a bit.  If you guys are still crushing groups that sized in a few weeks with what you are bringing, then that's a problem. 

But yes like I said time zones are everything. You weren't fighting our "A" team but kills are kills my heathen friends ;)

Pages: [1] 2 3