Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

DioCore is a Gallentean research firm that survived a hostile takeover by its own start-up investors, MindChill, in the early days of the company.

Author Topic: The appearance of Thukkers  (Read 892 times)

Straggler

• Clonejack
The appearance of Thukkers
« on: 23 Jan 2011, 16:15 »

Reading the PF compilation for answers and coming up with nothing, I'm taking a shoot and asking here,
has the appearance of the Thukkers ever been described?

What do they look like people? :)

Which race do you think might resemble them the most?

Horatius Caul

• Words words words
  • Omelette
Re: The appearance of Thukkers
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jan 2011, 02:10 »

Straggler

• Clonejack
« Reply #2 on: 24 Jan 2011, 04:30 »

Thank you, I forgot to link that as an example myself. :)

However, it shows one Thukker, big and bald. With a skin tone similar to Sebiestor perhaps?
I don't think it's representative for all Thukkers.

I'm sure I'm totally overthinking this topic. :)

But I'm really curious. :P

DosTuMai

• Dirty Pirate Bitch
  • Omelette
  • Yarrr~~
    • Ravings of a Lunatic
« Reply #3 on: 24 Jan 2011, 04:55 »

I'd hazard a guess and say big, muscular Brutor/Sebiestor mix. They be tough Thukkers.
do { aLittleDance(); make(aLittleLove&); cin.get(down); } while(tonight);
Quote from: Raynman37
Go down to the end, take a left at etc and you should see usr right there in front of you.

Horatius Caul

• Words words words
  • Omelette
« Reply #4 on: 24 Jan 2011, 05:01 »

Well, from that picture we can gather that they are light-skinned and have rather powerful and strongly-marked features - possibly deep-set eyes and strong brows.

Perhaps a middle-thing between a white Brutor and a Civire.

Their cultural style would likely be no-nonsense and as practical as possible, but more in a "that'll do"-sense than what you might find among the Caldari. Where a Caldari technician might have a highly-advanced self-lubricating multitool that works on all Kalaakiota and Sukuuvestaa equipment, and wear a pair of pants with pockets specially designed to carry that type of tool, a Thukker would bring a spanner and a screwdriver in a toolbelt he had to make himself from an old jacket.

Thukkers would likely regard the idea of "high-class" as something alien and rather abhorrent. If you're taking up more space than someone else, you'd better have show each day that you deserve it - and it would be out of the question to dress like you're better than anyone else. The tribal structure with caravans might have a certain social stratification reminiscent of the Quarians in Mass Effect, with the captains of vessels having certain representative rights within the caravan, and possibly some sort of tribal/clan/vessel heraldry to display their authority. Possibly tattoos rather than dress uniforms, allowing one Thukker to read another's service record on his skin:

Line one: Harek Milgenson, Thukker of Caravan Dragan, born on the Iskender
Line two: Served on the Hymla, the Sable II, the Orm, the Yggdr
Line three: General Mechanic, Battleship Engine Maintenance, Reactor Engineer
Line four: Husband of Ulva; Father of Milgen, born on the Orm; father of Anha, born on the Yggdr

But that's all conjecture. Until we actually get to see Thukkers in-game the details will likely be rather fluid.