Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Slavers hunt by jumping high in the air and coming down on their prey from above?

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Dev Post: [Summer 2014] Pirate Faction Frigates  (Read 8416 times)

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire

Woop woop, it's the sound of the police (no it isn't).

Quote from: CCP Rise
Mornin!

Below you will find the first pass on pirate faction frigates ready for public review. It is our hope to deliver a rebalance on all 15 non-SOE pirate faction ships this summer(yay). Before I lay out the numbers for the frigates as they stand currently, I want to talk a bit about the themes for each faction, where those themes stand in relation to the frigates, and how that might connect to the cruisers and battleships down the line.

Sansha: Sansha needs help. The Nightmare is getting used, mostly as a PVE platform, but the Succubus and Phantasm are among the least used ships in EVE. That means we have an opportunity to try something new! The theme we are currently excited about revolves around afterburners. By giving a substantial boost to the velocity bonus from afterburners we create an extremely powerful frigate, a lot of new options for the cruiser, and affect the Nightmare the least, which matches well with the impact we want.

Blood: This line is very similar in some ways to Sansha. We have a battleship in the Bhaalgorn with a unique and valuable niche and then a frigate and cruiser that almost no one uses. The main difference with Blood is that, when it comes to energy warfare, you get very different roles at different sizes even with the same bonus, so it can be difficult to find a way to tie all three together. What we are proposing at the moment is to change the web effectiveness bonus to web range for the Cruor and Ashimmu(which is a broadly useful bonus AND doesn't overlap with Serpentis AND matches the Bhaalgorn) and then to give all three "old NOS", that is, Energy Vampires would continue to leech from your target until their cap reaches zero, regardless of your own cap level. This would be role bonus functionality that stacks on top of the old bonus to energy turret damage as well as the NOS/Neut effectiveness bonus from Amarr. This should offer a lot of new and powerful options to Blood Raiders without having any negative impact on the Bhaalgorn's current role.

Guristas: This has probably been the hardest faction to figure out. The Rattlesnake and Gila both have their uses but are both overshadowed in many ways by the new Ishtar and Dominix. We wanted Guristas to keep a drone theme but to move in a new and unique direction rather than trying to compete directly with other popular drone ships. As the Worm shows below, we are looking at giving each Guristas ship a bandwidth that allows for only two drones, but a large damage and hitpoint bonus to those drones, leading to very high overall drone damage and toughness. Additionally, the former missile velocity bonus will change to kinetic and thermal missile damage, giving Guristas even more punch. I understand that you will need specifics on the other two Guristas ships to make final opinions on the theme, but for now just look at the Worm and let us know if it seems fun and we'll go from there.

Serpentis: One of the strongest and most fun pirate factions at the moment is certainly Serpentis. We didn't want to make major changes in theme, but there is a big conversation that can be had about the web strength bonus. As it stands, at 10% per level, it is one of the strongest bonuses in the game and in the right situation it can feel downright broken. For now, I intend to leave it at full strength. While it is very powerful, I believe it delivers on the excitement and special feel that pirate factions ought to provide. If you disagree and feel that this bonus is having a negative impact on your gameplay please let us know and we can continue to weigh the pros and cons here as this balance pass continues.

Angel: And last we have the most popular pirate faction, which is doing pretty well at all three sizes. The biggest problem Angels face is direct competition with other Minmatar ships and a light case of OP. The Dramiel isn't getting any big changes and the other two Angel ships probably won't see any huge change in style or function either, but wait for later threads to discuss their specifics please.

For the frigs we are in a situation where there are two performing well (Dramiel and Daredevil) and 3 that are virtually unused. That means the buffs for those 3 (Succubus, Cruor, Worm) come in the form of pretty heavy attribute gains as well as re-design in terms of bonuses. In general this class is getting some updates to bring them into the post-tiericide world so things like base speed and lock range will get tweaks across the board.

Anyway, here you go, let us know what you think:
(note: it's possible that there's typos or other small errors in these stat lists so if you notice something really odd just let me know)

SUCCUBUS

Amarr Frigate Bonus:
20% bonus to Afterburner velocity bonus (was 5% energy turret damage)

Caldari Frigate Bonus:
7.5% bonus to Small Energy Turret tracking speed

Role Bonus:
125% bonus to Small Energy Turret damage (was 100% energy turret damage)

Slot layout: 3H(-1), 4M, 3L(+1); 2 turrets, 0 launchers
Fittings: 44 PWG(-14), 170 CPU(-5)
Defense (shields / armor / hull) : 650(+41) / 550(+6) / 540(+23)
Capacitor (amount / recharge / cap per second) : 450(+15) / 210000 (-24375) / 2.14 (+.09)
Mobility (max velocity / agility / mass / align time): 340(+53) / 3.5(-.35) / 965000 / 4.68s(-.4)
Drones (bandwidth / bay): 0 / 0
Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 32km / 650 / 5
Sensor strength: 13
Signature radius: 33(+2)

========================================================================================

CRUOR

Amarr Frigate Bonus:
15% bonus to Energy Vampire and Energy Neutralizer effectiveness

Minmatar Frigate Bonus:
20% bonus to Stasis Webifier range (was 10% bonus to Stasis Webifier effectiveness)

Role Bonus:
100% bonus to Small Energy Turret damage
note: Energy Vampires operate as though your capacitor is empty (this wording is work in progress)

Slot layout: 4H, 3M, 4L(+1); 2 turrets, 0 launchers
Fittings: 57 PWG, 150 CPU(+13)
Defense (shields / armor / hull) : 480(-103) / 740(+83) / 580(-2)
Capacitor (amount / recharge / cap per second) : 470 / 205000 (-29375) / 2.24 (+.23)
Mobility (max velocity / agility / mass / align time): 330(+22) / 3.6 / 1003000 / 5.01s
Drones (bandwidth / bay): 5(+5) / 5(+5)
Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 33km(+8km) / 760 / 6
Sensor strength: 12
Signature radius: 35

========================================================================================

WORM

Gallente Frigate Bonus:
10% bonus to kinetic and thermal missile damage (was 5m3 Drone Bay Capacity per level)

Caldari Frigate Bonus:
4% bonus to all shield resistances

Role Bonus:
300% bonus to light combat drone damage and hitpoints (was 50% bonus to Rocket and Light Missile velocity)

Slot layout: 3H, 4M, 3L; 0 turrets, 2 launchers
Fittings: 40 PWG(+5), 180 CPU(+20)
Defense (shields / armor / hull) : 830(+33) / 500(-82) / 620(-3)
Capacitor (amount / recharge / cap per second) : 380(+30) / 212000 (-22375) / 1.79 (+.29)
Mobility (max velocity / agility / mass / align time): 320(+33) / 3.8(+.31) / 965000 / 5.17s(+.42)
Drones (bandwidth / bay): 10(-15) / 25
Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 30km / 650 / 5
Sensor strength: 15
Signature radius: 40

DAREDEVIL

Gallente Frigate Bonus:
10% bonus to Small Hybrid Turret falloff

Minmatar Frigate Bonus:
10% bonus to Stasis Webifier effectiveness

Role Bonus:
200% bonus to Small Hybrid Turret damage

Slot layout: 3H, 3M, 4L; 2 turrets, 0 launchers
Fittings: 35 PWG, 145 CPU
Defense (shields / armor / hull) : 530(-7) / 560(-22) / 630(-27)
Capacitor (amount / recharge / cap per second) : 390(-5) / 230000 (-4375) / 1.69 (+.01)
Mobility (max velocity / agility / mass / align time): 385(+1) / 3.2(-.02) / 823000 / 3.65s(-.02)
Drones (bandwidth / bay): 0 / 0
Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 25km(+5km) / 650 / 5
Sensor strength: 12(-1)
Signature radius: 35

DRAMIEL

Gallente Frigate Bonus:
7.5% bonus to Small Projectile Turret tracking speed

Minmatar Frigate Bonus:
10% bonus to Small Projectile Turret falloff

Role Bonus:
100% bonus to Small Projectile Turret damage

Slot layout: 3H, 4M, 3L; 2 turrets, 1 launchers
Fittings: 37 PWG, 133 CPU
Defense (shields / armor / hull) : 590(+7) / 590(+8) / 520(+3)
Capacitor (amount / recharge / cap per second) : 370(+5) / 208000(-26375) / 1.77(+.22)
Mobility (max velocity / agility / mass / align time): 460 / 3.1(-.02) / 950000 / 4.08s(-.02)
Drones (bandwidth / bay): 15 / 20
Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 28km(+3km) / 750 / 5
Sensor strength: 11
Signature radius: 30(-2)

*drools*
« Last Edit: 20 May 2014, 10:45 by kalaratiri »

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Lyn Farel

Re: Dev Post: [Summer 2014] Pirate Faction Frigates
« Reply #1 on: 25 Feb 2014, 13:51 »

Six months and that's... all ? Well ok then.

- Sansha : lolwut ? Sansha masters of speed ? Why not just giving that kind of bonus to angels to differentiate them from their Minmatar competitors ? They even complain about that below while doing nothing about it.

- Blooders : Sounds rather awesome as an idea. Probably the only noteworthy thing here.

- Guristas : lolwut ?

- Serpentis : fine as it is.

- Angel : why doing nothing when cynabal = vaga and firetail = dramiel in their roles ?

:bash:

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #2 on: 25 Feb 2014, 13:51 »

why can't the daredeavil  be a black tristan  :cry:

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #3 on: 25 Feb 2014, 15:28 »

Mean while, no one is surprised the Succubus continues to be complete crap.  :psyccp:
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #4 on: 25 Feb 2014, 15:48 »

Mean while, no one is surprised the Succubus continues to be complete crap.  :psyccp:

1.8km/s AB before links/heat/snakes.

Rawr.

Ayallah

• Kameira
  • Egger
« Reply #5 on: 25 Feb 2014, 16:08 »

And now the Dramiel goes the way of the Rifter. 

Angel Cartel gets to be bland when all the others get to be interesting. 
Also Cruor2014 Wormpremacy

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #6 on: 25 Feb 2014, 16:14 »

To be fair, the Dramiel spent more than its allotted time as the FOTMWTFPWNmobile, so seeing the other, historically awful, pirate frigates coming into competition with it is not something I consider to be a bad thing.

Also, Worm bonus means you can fit a single Valkyrie in it and have a drone with around 4k ehp. Because drones deserve as big a tank as T1 frigates.

DeadRow

• Bit of a Dick
  • Omelette
  • Loyal to herself
« Reply #7 on: 25 Feb 2014, 16:58 »

I just came a little.

[12:40:50] Kasuko Merin > He has this incredible talent for making posts at people that could be <i>literally</i> quoted straight back at him and still apply.

Shiki

• Clonejack
« Reply #8 on: 25 Feb 2014, 17:33 »

Also, Worm bonus means you can fit a single Valkyrie in it and have a drone with around 4k ehp. Because drones deserve as big a tank as T1 frigates.

> *Gallente Frigate*
> *Train to Level 1 Now*

Desiderya

« Reply #9 on: 25 Feb 2014, 18:27 »

Looks interesting, overall. Still expensive for what they bring to the table, but at least the non-DD/dramiel ships are now having an equal level of threat. For my tastes/gameplay they'll likely remain too expensive, as I'm fond of suicide ramming 5m kestrels or 6m breachers into people's orifices. Economical, green and quite a cheap lay!

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #10 on: 25 Feb 2014, 20:30 »

To be fair, the Dramiel spent more than its allotted time as the FOTMWTFPWNmobile, so seeing the other, historically awful, pirate frigates coming into competition with it is not something I consider to be a bad thing.

Dramiel really suffers now from what I see. It doesn't bring much to the table. Dualprop solo bastard then. Only thing to do with it. Avoid the Cruor.
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Mister Screwball

• Wetgraver
    • http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/7203/eatingevidencez.gif
« Reply #11 on: 26 Feb 2014, 07:14 »

1.8km/s AB before links/heat/snakes.

Rawr.

Eh its crap because Shield tanking laser ships dont work  :(

Desiderya

« Reply #12 on: 26 Feb 2014, 08:21 »

Firetail has the same layout and offers both shield and armor versions. I can see an armor tanked TD scram-range kiter annoying people.
Why would you say that laser/shield doesn't mix by definition? I'd have a harder time justifying using the utility high without the capless guns or cap hungry local rep, but that's everything I see.

(( and at least it's going to be better than the Dramiel :p ))

V. Gesakaarin

« Reply #13 on: 26 Feb 2014, 09:24 »

Oh the potential hilarity of a 10MN AB Succubus.  :lol:

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #14 on: 26 Feb 2014, 11:14 »

Oh the potential hilarity of a 10MN AB Succubus.  :lol:

I'm also seeing the possibility of low sig, plated, brawling, AB Succubus fleets.

Tiny, spiky AHACs :3

With Tracking disruptors!

Pages: [1] 2 3