Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Achura has been part of the State for three centuries? For more, read here.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: DevPost: [Rubicon] Sisters of EVE faction ships  (Read 8207 times)

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Re: DevPost: [Rubicon] Sisters of EVE faction ships
« Reply #15 on: 03 Oct 2013, 10:07 »

of Khan?
[spoiler]I prefer the name "John Harrison".[/spoiler]

Fixed that for you. :lol:

(Kidding.)

I'll wait until I get to play with these things on Sisi before I make any calls on being OP or not, I think.

Having to go through an LP store to get them (presumably) should put a bit of a clamp on the supply for the average user; people will have to go to nullsec/lowsec to do the missions (good luck with that for most people) or the single L4 sec agent in Osmon, or they'll be paying through the nose for the things on the market.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #16 on: 03 Oct 2013, 10:12 »

http://interstellarprivateer.wordpress.com/2013/10/03/it-may-not-make-sense-at-first/

An excellent, semi-conspiracy type post about the possible reasons behind the names of the Sister's ships. The Abraxas tweets at the end more or less confirm most of it.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #17 on: 03 Oct 2013, 10:39 »

Also.

Quote from: CCP Rise
A small change in the original post - The Astero has 20% drone hp per level, not 10% drone hp/tracking. This was actually just a mistake I made when copying the post over by grabbing an older version of the bonuses. Sorry about that.

In general there's a lot of good feedback coming in already of course and I'm already imagining and beginning to discuss version two with the CSM and Fozzie etc. (looking closely at the drone bandwidth/bay, CPU situation and hacking capability of the cruiser especially) but I want to give plenty of time for us to think it through and let you guys discuss in detail before any changes are made.

In the mean time keep the feedback coming and we'll give you updates as they come.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Reyd Karris

« Reply #18 on: 03 Oct 2013, 11:47 »

http://interstellarprivateer.wordpress.com/2013/10/03/it-may-not-make-sense-at-first/

An excellent, semi-conspiracy type post about the possible reasons behind the names of the Sister's ships. The Abraxas tweets at the end more or less confirm most of it.
It makes more sense if you realize the dichotomy between the SoE and SoCT. Look at the design of the ship, what the SoE are after, and how that differs/compares to the SoCT's goals and their ship design.

Compare the Gnosis design philosophy to that of the Astero/Stratios. Compare the Astero and Stratios with Sleeper ships.

Rhavas pretty much points out the surface of it all, but misses one very important piece of the puzzle:

The Zephyr and the short story Ante.

Interesting side note: Did you know that the symbol for Gnosticism is also the symbol for Earth?  :bear:

Arvash

• Clonejack
« Reply #19 on: 03 Oct 2013, 18:56 »

Nah, I didn't forget. I had already covered it in the previous post.
http://wp.me/pZAhv-WS

Reyd Karris

« Reply #20 on: 03 Oct 2013, 20:11 »

Nah, I didn't forget. I had already covered it in the previous post.
http://wp.me/pZAhv-WS
Hadn't seen that, I was going solely by the linked article. :)

Kaldor Mintat

• Egger
« Reply #21 on: 05 Oct 2013, 15:06 »

Sweet looking ships. Can not wait to get my grubby hands on them.  :D

Kasuko

• Wetgraver
  • Impunetrable
« Reply #22 on: 25 Oct 2013, 02:36 »

Alright, after a lot of feedback and discussion I'm going to share what will likely be the last set of tweaks to the Stratios and Astero before launch.

We feel that while there are significant weaknesses in the cruiser that do balance it against major abuse, it's simply too strong in its current state. The combination of the covert cloak, black ops portal access and extremely high damage potential make for a ship that does a bit more than we are comfortable with. To tone it down slightly we are going to lower the drone bandwidth to 100mb/s and the drone bay to 400m3.

The ship will still have very high damage potential and will certainly still be very powerful overall.

This also makes me feel better about some other small changes that improve the ship, so we'll also be increasing the virus strength bonus to +10 and changing the laser cap use bonus to a medium energy turret optimal range bonus of 50%. We will also extend the virus strength bonus to the Astero.

Please post with feedback, but keep in mind that these changes are made after processing tons of feedback from the forums, my visit to EVE Vegas and a lot of internal discussion.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #23 on: 25 Oct 2013, 02:45 »

Bleh. I hate underflights of drones. I would prefer a lower damage bonus. 8% would give the same effect.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #24 on: 25 Oct 2013, 08:44 »

Bleh. I hate underflights of drones. I would prefer a lower damage bonus. 8% would give the same effect.

Yeah, this tbh.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #25 on: 25 Oct 2013, 14:57 »

Yeah, this tbh.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #26 on: 25 Oct 2013, 15:45 »

After further thought, I have come to realize that a lower damage bonuses nerfs light and medium drones too, not just the heavies/sentries. By lowering the drone bandwidth, they have made it so only the highest levels of battleship damage are capped off.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #27 on: 02 Nov 2013, 06:24 »

FYI these are on Sisi now, and available in seeded markets and the SOE LP store.

Astero BPC (1R) - 30,000 LP - 15,000,000 ISK
Astero Hull (1) - 100,000 LP - 10,000,000 ISK
Stratios BPC (1R) - 120,000 LP - 30,000,000 ISK
Stratios Hull (1) - 300,000 LP - 20,000,000 ISK
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Kaldor Mintat

• Egger
« Reply #28 on: 02 Nov 2013, 07:23 »

Hm...if those prices stand i had far less ships in lp than i thought...back to the grind!

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
  • Beware of Geeks bearing GIFs.
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #29 on: 02 Nov 2013, 16:10 »

120k LP? Dear god those will get seeded on the market fast.
"I blame society for anything I've said that you disagree with."
Pages: 1 [2] 3