Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

DED has very long-standing military laws governing the conduct of its officers.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: JFR for CSM  (Read 6229 times)

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
Re: JFR for CSM
« Reply #15 on: 31 Jan 2012, 05:32 »

No prizes for guessing what the F is. \o/

Completely Fucked Management?

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #16 on: 31 Jan 2012, 06:30 »

Couple of questions.

Are you pro or anti the concept of microtransactions in eve? ("vanity" or game-impacting)?
What do you think should be done with the NeX store?
Do you support the abolition of aurum?
Do you believe ship-skins etc should be delivered through traditional gameplay of sold as an optional extra (ie "vanity" mt)?
Should corp/alliance logos on ships be a "free" service within the client (or something ccp charge extra for)?

I have no issue with Microtransactions so long as they do not impact gameplay. If someone is willing to spend money on a shirt or skirt that is fine, but as soon as it moves to special ammo or ships or something along these lines making them only obtainable through aurum you can count me in the anti-aurum/NEX group. So to answer your question I am indifferent to aurum/NEX as the current system is now.

I think ship skins should be released with new ship types, not just a paint job gained through NEX. So I would suspect traditional releases would be my answer.

Logo's should be free yes not tied in anyway to NEX/Aurum.

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #17 on: 31 Jan 2012, 07:14 »

I am sadly not indifferent about the NeX store; I would like a CCP to take a stance on its future and add to the WiS experience accordingly. Yes yes, I know FiS is the hot potato but I would really like to know if player involvement will be a part of WiS items or if it is all going to be AUR purchases from a store.

I mean, will I ever be able to go out and find Pakori's hat and then be able to wear it myself? Will I in fact ever be able to see my in game commodities and interact with them in WiS or is it NeX store items only? And what about a hybrid model where NeX store items require components besides the AUR for purchase?

Though I have 50k AUR I am still in favor of Jade's idea of simply shutting the NeX store down and allow the items to be something you acquire through in game activities. Personally I would prefer these items to be at least as complex to produce as boosters or tech 3 ships.
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Jade Constantine

• Anarchist Adventurer
  • Omelette
  • Nothing ever burns down by itself
    • The Star Fraction Communications Portal
« Reply #18 on: 31 Jan 2012, 07:48 »

Couple of questions.

Are you pro or anti the concept of microtransactions in eve? ("vanity" or game-impacting)?
What do you think should be done with the NeX store?
Do you support the abolition of aurum?
Do you believe ship-skins etc should be delivered through traditional gameplay of sold as an optional extra (ie "vanity" mt)?
Should corp/alliance logos on ships be a "free" service within the client (or something ccp charge extra for)?

I have no issue with Microtransactions so long as they do not impact gameplay. If someone is willing to spend money on a shirt or skirt that is fine, but as soon as it moves to special ammo or ships or something along these lines making them only obtainable through aurum you can count me in the anti-aurum/NEX group. So to answer your question I am indifferent to aurum/NEX as the current system is now.

I think ship skins should be released with new ship types, not just a paint job gained through NEX. So I would suspect traditional releases would be my answer.

Logo's should be free yes not tied in anyway to NEX/Aurum.

The problem I have with your answer is while I think we are on the same wavelength on ship skins and logos - that you do leave the door open for creeping "vanity" microtransactions nonetheless - and while that concept is anywhere on the drawing board I believe it will ensure that business at ccp will be looking to make WiS about "cash vanity" rather than improving the product. Put simply. I don't think CCP are ever going to improve the options in the Character designer or allow any aquisition of clothing / costumes through gameplay while "vanity" microtransactions are on the table for clothing.

My biggest gripe with the existing CSM is they were weak on "vanity" microtransactions and I think they lost an opportunity to get rid of this crap completely.

I will be voting and endorsing candidates this time who have a very clear message on microtransactions (vanity or otherwise) and I think it would be wise for you to put some thought into the issue John.

Having a "little bit of microtransaction and content for $" in the game is like being a "little bit of a whore" - you aren't or you aren't at the end of the day.

There are some arenas so corrupt that the only clean acts possible are nihilistic

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #19 on: 31 Jan 2012, 07:58 »

You have my vote John

I would like to offer one piece of advice, instead of comming up with potential "solutions" or suggestions to game features or issues, please please please analyze the concept and refine it down to its basic expression.

RolePlaying -> content  and storytelling (either happening around the player or with the player)
FactionWar -> constant conflict providing "light" storytelling and content
Starbases -> infrastructure in space

(by the way those would be my main topics to bring forward to CCP).

Akrasjel Lanate

• Omelette
« Reply #20 on: 31 Jan 2012, 09:31 »

But do you think you have any chance to get to the CSM... you will nedd to get  about 1000+ votes.

John Revenent

• Pod Captain
« Reply #21 on: 31 Jan 2012, 10:13 »

Well I won't know unless I try right? ;)

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #22 on: 31 Jan 2012, 10:32 »

Assuming I don't find any candidates I like better (lol) you'll have my vote.  :D

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Chowda

• Egger
« Reply #23 on: 31 Jan 2012, 13:10 »

I'm curious as to what you thoughts on how to improve FW are. 

And I think you would drastically improve your chances if you did some outreach, especially to some of your former in-game enemies, and see what they think.  The messageboard has a few threads on it and there's varying, conflicting opinions on how FW should change.  The best you could hope for is a consensus on what kinds of changes would be awful to most, and maybe find some obvious changes CCP has just overlooked due to disinterest.

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
« Reply #24 on: 31 Jan 2012, 14:25 »

You have my vote and my full support
The very model of a British Minmatarian

Lyn Farel

« Reply #25 on: 31 Jan 2012, 14:31 »

Oh nice, a decent candidate \o/

Hasnt happened since first and second CSM... :3

Btw, just to tickle your point on microtransactions "as long as they do not impact gameplay", you are aware that PLEX have already been doing this for years ? :p

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
« Reply #26 on: 31 Jan 2012, 16:35 »

I wasn't going to vote because of lolpolitics + Internet celebrity circlejerk + lack of meritocracy.

Then a man with the middle name Fucking came along.

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #27 on: 31 Jan 2012, 20:18 »

Question, how do you intend to draw focus away from the nullsec bloc that appears to be in control of the CSM? Because I'd dearly like to elect someone who's spent time in lowsec and understand that the EVE map doesn't go "Jita, Amarr, Dodixie, ???, Nullsec."

Rens is not spelled with three question marks, Sennfaec.

And I'd vote for John, but I want him to try and get the CSM renamed to the CFM. No prizes for guessing what the F is. \o/

I'm fairly certain that's how it's spelled, but we'll check later.

1000 votes ain't easy to come by, especially with a minority group like RPers. But hey, like I said before, if we can finally have someone who gives a fuck about lowsec space, I'd get behind that campaign.
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

John Revenent

• Pod Captain
« Reply #28 on: 02 Feb 2012, 03:08 »

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #29 on: 02 Feb 2012, 04:18 »

If I'd still play, I'd vote for you on principle.

Good luck, and if you do get elected... Try not to get shot in the head.
Pages: 1 [2] 3