Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Adventures of White Lightning" is a Gallentean soap opera.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Giant robots. Giant monsters.  (Read 1828 times)

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
Re: Giant robots. Giant monsters.
« Reply #15 on: 17 Jul 2013, 18:08 »

Saw it, liked it, only thing that was a bit 'wat' was the underwater fight at the end, which just seemed...wrong, for underwater. Overall though, if you love mindless explosions, running, screaming, giant robots, and giant monsters, this is definitely not a movie to miss. The part of me that can just sit and watch 2012 for all the scenery gorn was in love with this movie.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

kul Shaishi

• Clonejack
« Reply #16 on: 20 Jul 2013, 19:40 »

good movie  :eek: :D :) :cube:
If Eve has one lesson in it's narrative, it's that if you find any weird ancient space cybercrap, you should stick that shit straight into your brain ASAP, no questions.

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #17 on: 29 Jul 2013, 22:17 »

At least they explained why they do not use jets and tanks: They were ineffective and losses incurred are unacceptable. They could nuke the monsters (which they did) and it does work, but they aren't willing to fire nukes all the time. So they built giant robots. No mention why the giant robots do not have volcano cannons or wield skyscraper-sized chainsaws.
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Anja Suorsa

• Clonejack
  • N00b
« Reply #18 on: 30 Jul 2013, 06:35 »

Surprised myself by enjoying this. Genuinely thought I would pick holes in it per usual.

Repentence Tyrathlion

• Omelette
  • RIP?
« Reply #19 on: 01 Aug 2013, 01:50 »

Better than the trailers implied.  About as good as I expected from the director.  Not as good as I'd hoped.  All it had going for it was above-average characters for the genre.  Combat felt floaty to me.  Not gonna praise a movie for good SFX, that's a requirement these days. :P

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #20 on: 01 Aug 2013, 02:41 »

Better than the trailers implied.  About as good as I expected from the director.  Not as good as I'd hoped.  All it had going for it was above-average characters for the genre.  Combat felt floaty to me.  Not gonna praise a movie for good SFX, that's a requirement these days. :P

Gonna disagree. The things in there felt much more massive compared to what Transformers portrayed. And those punches and bashing actually felt painful in comparison to the aforementioned robot movie.
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Repentence Tyrathlion

• Omelette
  • RIP?
« Reply #21 on: 01 Aug 2013, 06:17 »

Gonna disagree. The things in there felt much more massive compared to what Transformers portrayed. And those punches and bashing actually felt painful in comparison to the aforementioned robot movie.

I'm not saying it didn't have weight, just that it didn't have enough weight.  If we're going with these bastards weighing over two kilotonnes apiece... my internal physicist was grumpy.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #22 on: 17 Oct 2013, 18:41 »

I finally got to see it on DVD!

I loved everything about the movie except for the bit where they decided to use Gipsy Danger's nuclear reactor as a bomb. The nuclear sciences fan inside me screeeaaaamed "IT DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT!!!" and my suspension of disbelief was thrown off the rocker for at least 5 minutes.

Also, Hannibal Chow Chau's shoes are amazing.
« Last Edit: 17 Oct 2013, 18:57 by Katrina Oniseki »
Pages: 1 [2]