Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Titan Doomsday Devices were originally massive, field clearing nukes instead of doomsday rays?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Risen Angels is looking for targets  (Read 5058 times)

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
Risen Angels is looking for targets
« on: 31 Aug 2010, 17:30 »

As a burgeoning pvp corp, with new pvpers, and new FCs (me) and we're looking for some easy marks to hit for training purposes.

We're looking for small carebear corps, with 15 to 30 members, indy corps, etc.

So if you have enemies, RP or non, who would make a good mark, let me know, I don't charge, this is for the good of my members and is therefore on the house.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
Re: Risen Angels is looking for targets
« Reply #1 on: 31 Aug 2010, 18:56 »

You claim to be a corp of PVP'ers... who want to fight small 'carebear' corps to grief fight?

Dec my corp. We run our own mining ops, haul our own ore, refine it and build from it - sounds like the works of a carebear corp, don't it?

Keep in mind though that we are only 5 guys so please, please pretty please bring your awesome PVP'ers to kill us. We operate in Heimatar, around the Rens area.

You even have a RP reason to do so; we are Quasi-Republicans and shoot Angel's in belts and missions as sport and out of duty, the Cartel hate our guts.

...Okay, so enough with the sarcasm.

You want training for your PVP'ers and what's good for them. Dec us. When the war is over your members will have actually learned something.

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #2 on: 01 Sep 2010, 02:56 »

Suggestion for training? Throw em' in the deep end. Move your corp to deep-ish lowsec for a bit, Let em' learn how to deal with the fact that everyone who's not blue is probably out to get them. Give it a month, and you'll have a competent (or failing that, paranoid) fighting force to play around with.

Worked for me.  :)

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #3 on: 01 Sep 2010, 03:42 »

Eh, to begin with, just throw a handful of gravel around your area, and whoever doesn't shoot back is most likely a carebear. Wardec that corp just to get your PvPers ready to face the idea of undocking and hunting someone. Once that's done, pick any corp that looks tasty and wardec them. It's not really rocket surgery.

However, once you get past certain levels, you need to start getting 'spai' intel. Pay off newbie members of the corps you dec for their member's list (in order to check corp histories, character ages, search killboard histories for PvP prowess and fits) or get a character into the corp itself. Start running locators a week in advance to figure out likely areas of operation and so on.

The size of your corp and fleets are irrelevant. I'm personally heading out to wardec decent sized corporations all by my freakin' lonesome. I've got some neutral alts I'll use for scouting, I'm doing my homework in where the different potential target corps hang out and what they fly/do, and I will be stashing a decent amount of ships around the various areas in various stations in order to facilitate fast reshipping to face different needs. Oh, and making instawarps and safespots in each system just in case I have to dock quickly for some reason.

It's all in the preparation. Once that's done... fly something relatively expendable and go pick fights.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #4 on: 01 Sep 2010, 07:18 »

Suggestion for training? Throw em' in the deep end. Move your corp to deep-ish lowsec for a bit, Let em' learn how to deal with the fact that everyone who's not blue is probably out to get them. Give it a month, and you'll have a competent (or failing that, paranoid) fighting force to play around with.

yes, and then your members can't get into highsec >_>

Miz: all good points
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #5 on: 01 Sep 2010, 08:11 »

Honestly? if you don't pod, and rat a bit, Sec loss really isn't an issue. Mine's only so low because it's a legacy of Ghost Festival, where there was muchos podding.

Myrhial Arkenath

• Omelette
  • One does not simply walk into Curse.
    • Diary of a Pod Pilot
« Reply #6 on: 01 Sep 2010, 10:46 »

Honestly? if you don't pod, and rat a bit, Sec loss really isn't an issue. Mine's only so low because it's a legacy of Ghost Festival, where there was muchos podding.

When you zoom in on a pod when shooting at it, you hear *squish* as it pops. It's delightful. Though a good ransom outdoes that.

CEO of Ghost Festival :: Executor of Naraka.
Diary of a Pod Pilot

Marcus Gord

• Mathfail Silverback
  • Egger
  • Soldier of Fortune
« Reply #7 on: 01 Sep 2010, 11:31 »

When you zoom in on a pod when shooting at it, you hear *squish* as it pops. It's delightful. Though a good ransom outdoes that.

Sometimes you scare me....

As for targets, I'd look for undefended POS towers with nice stuff on them like Labs or something and find out more about that corp. If they look like good targets, dec them. If they don't pay, asplode the POS.

A corp of five people did that to an old corp of mine, the CEO didn't think a highsec POS needed guns....
Stormcrows.

Will pay for good sig. Enquire within.

You can't take the sky from me

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #8 on: 01 Sep 2010, 21:20 »

I-RED is always up for a fight, could even add some RP intrigue to it ;)

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #9 on: 01 Sep 2010, 22:38 »

A good war could also help some of the newer ILF PVPers.

However, we would be shooting back, so I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for.

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #10 on: 01 Sep 2010, 22:46 »

You can say that again. -.-;

If it makes you feel more confidant, I've been doing just this for quite some time. I haven't podded anyone, but I've participated in a lot of kills, and lost a lot of security status in the process. I've never been above a -1 because I don't pod, and I rat in between times of activity for some pocket money. With a few social skills, my sec swings back towards the positive side in three days or so.

As long as your members mitigate their security losses, and avoid podding without good reason, they'll stay far away from the highsec-banned stage.
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Aodha Khan

« Reply #11 on: 02 Sep 2010, 03:41 »

As long as your members mitigate their security losses, and avoid podding without good reason, they'll stay far away from the highsec-banned stage.

That would only be true for a pilot with a low kill count. Having to spend hours upon hours in between fighting, fixing security status, it was a very frustrating experience and that was as an anti-pirate in MH-Sec...(many pirate corps try to stay yellow) Also, it weakens your fleets if your not doing this in sync and 2-3 pilots are off in 0.0 fixing sec while you have targets to kill.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #12 on: 02 Sep 2010, 11:17 »

I second Aodha's claims here. I've spent long stretches of my life as a vigilante, and even with a moderate kill-count on members of pirate corps who were not outlaws, your sec-status drops pretty sharply, low-sec ratting get's a slow return. If you are going to go for PVP in low-sec being pirates or quasi pirates high-sec will be denied you very soon, I was down to -3.5 very fast in a moderately effective period, and I usually did not pod anyone at all, even if I vere able to do so.

To be more constructive, for a small-size corporation who wants to get more effective in PVP I'd say you should gear up in affordable ships, like T2 fitted cruisers and BC's coupled with the odd BS, and dec smaller but more combat-minded corps. don't dec larger entities that only 'fight' when they can effectively blob you, or more industry minded corps. With them, you will either scare them into station in a few days or hours, and not learn a thing, or you will keep poping poorly-fitted and in-experienced people. When the fight is next to non-existant or increadibly one-sided you usually don't learn anything usefull.

Also, war-decs allow you to contain the conflict a lot better, you lose no security rating and apart from any neutral helpers on either side things stay pretty simple between you. Say, a less-than-20 vs another less-than-20 corp, and you got a very 'balanced' war, in terms of numbers. All you need then is for both sides to be willing to risk their virtual assets for some fun. Even in today's EVE, that is not an impossible demand.

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #13 on: 02 Sep 2010, 11:31 »

Well, that's unfortunate.

Uhh, have you considered being a mining corp? :O
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #14 on: 02 Sep 2010, 12:09 »

Yeah, Ive had my sec status go quite low before by engaging pirates who try to maintain a "yellow" sec status.  It's kinda embarrassing, being pro-Republic and a Republic supporter, being chased by the Republic fleet whenever you enter the core systems.

As for who to dec, I agree with Bloodbird.  If you really want "good fights", deccing a larger industrial carebear based corp/allaince wont get you too far.  They will either dock up in terror or blob you, with little in between.  While you might catch a miner or hauler who didnt read their forums that week, that wont really teach your pilots much about PVP. 

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov
Pages: [1] 2