Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The nation of Jin-Mei is the latest addition to the Federation? For more, read here.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Radical gameplay idea that will never fly but would make eve awesome  (Read 1919 times)

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr

I would say, maby not "Finite resources"(such would end eventualy and the game would die :?:) but rather limited so that they matter more.

nah, just do it like the real world, absolutely finite resources, but when those resources run out, give players more and more tools to squeeze out that last little bit, and open up new areas with more resources.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/

resource scarcity favours bot users and no-lifers who can afford 16 hour daily grinds.

scarcity is also relative to consumption. If things seem too plentiful, it's because things aren't being consumed.
\o/

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

:evil:

It's more of an 'end game' senario if they were planning on shutting down in two years, etc.

Or run the clock down to 0 and then handwave some new source of material with sci-fi tech-y ret con. Rinse, repeat.

:)

This would never work as new players would have access to NOTHING and be destroyed, or milked for easy resources.

Maybe the most basic ships are renewable (frigs, etc).

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!

Finite resources.

Re-seed all systems and all belts with say 100x what they have now, or enough for say, two years at current depletion rates.  No mineral respawns. Ship wrecks leave salvageable minerals up to say 25% of what went into the ship.

Watch the conflicts and reap the real-politik of dealing with a world of finite resources.
Thrashers Online
Pages: 1 [2]