Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Blood Raider elites do not generally mix with the rest of the Sani Sabik? (The Burning Life, p. 50)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: EVE Online: Incursion  (Read 11076 times)

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
Re: EVE Online: Incursion
« Reply #30 on: 27 Sep 2010, 01:29 »

I came across a thread in EVE fiction for those who wish to voice their thoughts on player Sansha involvement in the expansion.

We got our answer

Well, here's to hoping they at least give us some Sansha accessories for our new avatars.

Or something spikey.

Success!

But Senn, you don't understand. Soter wins.

Yes, that's a damn shame. But its still the lesser of two evils. Sanshas stole Caldari citizens. I don't think you understand the gravity of that.

DEY TOOK ARR CITIZENS! >:O
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #31 on: 27 Sep 2010, 01:46 »

you're a pirate Senn look at the angel's standings with the state. You're not supposed to care.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #32 on: 27 Sep 2010, 01:48 »

you're a pirate Senn look at the angel's standings with the state. You're not supposed to care.

Pfft.

Caldari pride forever. I'm a criminal out of necessity.

You gotta learn some patriotism. >:U

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
Will never happen to you

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #33 on: 27 Sep 2010, 01:52 »

Pfft.

I'm patriotic to the group I claim to support
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #34 on: 27 Sep 2010, 01:59 »

Pfft.

I'm patriotic to the group I claim to support

Looks like we're gonna have to go through this one more time...

<Drags out the Senn Typhos chalkboard diagram.>

This is a Senn. He requires money to eat, buy guns and ammo, keep his ship in working order, and feed his dog. Furthermore, he is a Caldari. Which means money gets him frisky. In the pants.

Therefore, the Senn needs money. The Senn finds money, and the Senn takes that money.

Nearly everything else is details.

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
Will never happen to you

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #35 on: 27 Sep 2010, 02:35 »

The best policy right now is to wait and see, really. This could mark the end of the Sansha arc and lead into the next one (judging by how the Liberty pills plot bunnies have been going). It could mark another step in the Sansha arc with the Incursions just being a feature alongside it.

I've been pondering if this will set a bad precedent for future events or not, given the seeming hopelessness the Sansha loyalist side has. Maybe it's because of our small size they decided to keep the majority of the events in highsec, or it was planned the entire time with the lowsec ones just being a test... so on. I'm not sure. It felt more like the system of EVE's mechanics was our enemy more than any player group.

Edit; Nikita, if anyone won this it'd be the people who will be farming the incursions for the phat lewtz™, not particularly we loyalists or soter's coalition. There's nothing definitive enough to even resemble one side's victory. (I could be a llama and claim we win because our infinite Nation will continue to pilfer the Empires, but that'd be a llama tactic.)
« Last Edit: 27 Sep 2010, 02:55 by Ghost Hunter »
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #36 on: 27 Sep 2010, 06:06 »

I cannot say that I am surprised for the lack of option to side with the pirate NPCs; CCP has never gone into great depths to provide content for players who want to turn against the empires (speaking as one of the first Blood Raider supporters in The Bleak Lands).

There are plenty of options for those who hunt the pirates to get their hands on fancy pirate tech while those who support the pirates get peanuts.  There are many of examples of this that I am sure you are already aware of.
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Ulphus

• Bitter dried flower
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #37 on: 27 Sep 2010, 14:16 »

I've been pondering if this will set a bad precedent for future events or not, given the seeming hopelessness the Sansha loyalist side has.

Interesting.

The few incursions I've been to (for some reason CCP hates my time zone) have felt like it didn't matter what the defenders did, and thus was pretty hopeless.

But I have wondered what the Sansha supporters get out of it, since it's not obvious to me that they have much affect on the outcome either.

One of the things that piss me off about it actually, is that despite the OOC ambivalence about showing up to GM-show-off events over which I don't think I have any influence, IC I sort of have to if I find out about them if I want to stay true to the character.

Adult to 4y.o "Your shoes are on the wrong feet"
Long pause
4y.o to adult, in plaintive voice "I don't have any other feet!"

Ghost Hunter

• The Mods
  • Veteran
« Reply #38 on: 27 Sep 2010, 16:00 »

I've been pondering if this will set a bad precedent for future events or not, given the seeming hopelessness the Sansha loyalist side has.

Interesting.

The few incursions I've been to (for some reason CCP hates my time zone) have felt like it didn't matter what the defenders did, and thus was pretty hopeless.

But I have wondered what the Sansha supporters get out of it, since it's not obvious to me that they have much affect on the outcome either.

One of the things that piss me off about it actually, is that despite the OOC ambivalence about showing up to GM-show-off events over which I don't think I have any influence, IC I sort of have to if I find out about them if I want to stay true to the character.

A little of column a, little of column b.

We loyalists have an effect on the turn out of the incursion from our mere presence on the field, I've found. Circumstantial evidence with the turnout of the incursions none of us were at, versus the ones we were at, indicate this. If this is true, then we do affect the number of people abducted, and even have helped to coordinate wormhole bubble drops on enemies (Odatrik for example).

However, in high sec, what we can actually do is very limited. We normally go after war targets, or ninja loot the people who die, or sometimes go for the people we have kill rights on. Whenever one of the Navy or CONCORD actors show up we dog pile them because it's pretty much the only thing we can kill as a group. We preach it up in local, regular PR mouthpieces like me go off but some of our attending members never bother because they think it's pointless, etc...

Lowsec is entirely different in my mind, because how our incursions turn out is a direct result of our participation even more so. There is no CONCORD preventing us, no mechanical system we can't bypass, so to everyone (I presume) it feels like we have a much greater impact. Our small numbers can't fight the uber blob, but we can definitely buy time as much as possible with harassment.

We definitely have sway in certain aspects, and our efforts overall have helped to drive the Sansha PR machine (possibly develop it more as a faction?) so there are things we have gained from this. However, there are those that wish they could do more than preach in highsec. Ninja diving to steal people's remains can only go so far ;)

Also, maybe I am being off topic by focusing on the live events and not the incursion expansion? (although I have trouble differentiating the two)
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Benjamin Shepherd

« Reply #39 on: 27 Sep 2010, 16:58 »

You're all thinking about this too much. CCP doesn't want Sansha to win, and won't, because it would affect the core gameplay too much. Empires remain empires, that's how they'll always be. Nation is meant to stur up some drama, then it'll fade back.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #40 on: 27 Sep 2010, 17:20 »

^
This, tbh. It's in CCP's interest to get folks interested, and the vast majority of players (unfortunately) will want to defeat teh ebul zombie robots. So they just want to prolong things without actually upsetting the balance of power. See also: factional warfare.

Ghost Hunter

• The Mods
  • Veteran
« Reply #41 on: 27 Sep 2010, 17:58 »

That I'm well aware of, so it is not trying to get my faction to win that I care about. Really, it's getting out the frustrations of what we've encountered and hoping for CCP takes the problems to heart. Maybe I handled everything wrong, maybe the people who I managed to acquire came with the wrong expectations, perhaps CCP faltered on not talking enough with everyone involved (coalition & loyalist), so on.

Edit: To be clear, I have gained a lot from these events and I am very satisfied on a personal level with what I have done as a roleplayer. I make a point of highlighting these issues for the people I work with because I think making it known will help future live events later on to avoid these problems.
« Last Edit: 27 Sep 2010, 18:03 by Ghost Hunter »
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #42 on: 27 Sep 2010, 19:15 »

I'm with ya, man. I hope to see future stuff for other factions, too, you know. ;)

Benjamin Shepherd

« Reply #43 on: 27 Sep 2010, 19:26 »

I'm waiting for EVE Online: Statecraft, in which the New Eden Assembly is at the focus of player events.

I will then sell my character to CCP for a trillion ISK.

IzzyChan

• Omelette
  • 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat
    • IzzyBlog
« Reply #44 on: 27 Sep 2010, 21:40 »

You're all thinking about this too much. CCP doesn't want Sansha to win

Win what? EVE?

Sansha could definitely achieve their goals without "winning" or "losing" for either side I think.  I'm just waiting for CCP to get on with it and stop dragging it out like a bad anime series. /o\
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4