Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Guristas co-founder Jirai Laitanen, also known as Fatal, was podded in YC106, but suffered from severe memory loss and motor impairment because he only had an inferior clone on standby.

Author Topic: Vivanier cluster as Intaki territory  (Read 1489 times)

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
Vivanier cluster as Intaki territory
« on: 27 Nov 2010, 16:32 »

A while ago I took the time to take a decent screenie of EVERY single temperate world with any level of city lights in the entire Federation. I got some cool results, from gold worlds to azure worlds, but overall it gave me what I wanted...which was showing the "scale" of the Federation and all its trillions of inhabitants...anyway, I spotted the Josmaert constellation (the isolated highsec area of Placid cutoff by lowsec in all directions), which is adjacent to Intaki...behold the splendour of Vivanier III

[spoiler][/spoiler]

As you can see, it's got a megacity world, with distinct white colours, probably the crystalline style cities (not the Intaki flatroofs of wood and stone)...but it's only five jumps from Intaki...is it possible that this may be an "Intaki" world? To reach that level of development, I think, would take at least a hundred years, or more, and it may predate the Federation's founding? Considering the Intaki RPers have taken Pegeler as "Intaki home territory" I was thinking why not Josmaert too, as it's next door :3. Perhaps, due to its city design, it is an Intaki world developed with Gallente help or something.

Similarly...Unour is next door, and is only accessible by ONE system from the Josmaert area...it has four temperate worlds with city lights, the largest one being Vilinnon III...

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Just something for the Intaki guys to consider...what I see so far is that Intaki home territory, other than the Prime planet, is composed of "Colonies", according to the fiction you've wrote. But I was thinking that you shouldn't have to restrict yourselves to low populated lowsec worlds :3

Another thought...the Jin-Mei home constellation has other developed worlds but...Jin-Mei joined when the other members had a century or two of expansion already; the Intaki and Mannar being able to "claim" territory before the Federation was officially formed...I ask this cause I was thinking of writing some stuff for Ysiette constellation as Jin-Mei worlds...

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
Re: Vivanier cluster as Intaki territory
« Reply #1 on: 27 Nov 2010, 17:44 »

Interesting stuff, Seri. Love the screen shots.

I spend a fair bit of time in Josmaert, (There is a level 4 Republic Security Services agent in Algasienan) and a large portion of the mining and industrial wing of the ILF works out of Vivanier.

I've always thought of it as our backyard.

Considering the Intaki RPers have taken Pegeler as "Intaki home territory"

Not sure what you mean here. Not meaning to sound ignorant, but where is Pegeler?

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #2 on: 27 Nov 2010, 17:57 »

I mean, don't the Intaki live everywhere?

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #3 on: 27 Nov 2010, 18:02 »

I should have clarified. It's obvious Placid will have a high Intaki population but what I meant to say was Intaki ASSEMBLY territory...given that Unour and Josmaert are highsec though...and its stated the Intaki did NOT contract security from the Fed...

Mammal, what I was referring to was Saxon's pieces of fiction that "claim" Frarie as Assembly territory. In the same way I thought Vivanier III could be too.

I think I'll get around to assembling a PDF of all these worlds, with my own fan-made fiction (extrapolated from stations in system, position on starmap, etc.) and all that.

Saxon Hawke

• Omelette
    • Free Intaki
« Reply #4 on: 27 Nov 2010, 19:37 »

I mean, don't the Intaki live everywhere?

The Intaki do live in many places throughout the Federation, but only the Placid Region's description specifically calls it the "home of the notorious Intaki" that I'm aware of.

When we were spitballing our ideas about the Intaki Assembly's area, we didn't want to go too large as we new some people in the RP would howl about anything larger than the home system. We chose contiguous low sec systems because this went along with the whole "The Intaki got low sec because they wanted low sec" argument that got thrown in my face for years.

My larger Intaki history does note that there were many more Intaki colonies that chose not to yield their sovereignty to the Assembly. It can be assumed that each of these colonies was simply annexed into the Federation at its formation.

That would answer the question of why some of the planets appear to have hundreds of years of development, but aren't part of what we have established as the Intaki Assembly core worlds.

Syylara/Yaansu

• Egger
« Reply #5 on: 28 Nov 2010, 05:41 »

My gut impression of the area has always been it would be the most integrated melting-pot of the two cultures.  The corps present suggest to me a lot of basic resource harvesting and manufacturing, the low station counts suggest a lot of either sub-contractors or crews living on long shifts based out of industrial capitals (probably both/a mixture/case by case).
« Last Edit: 28 Nov 2010, 05:43 by Syylara/Yaansu »

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #6 on: 29 Nov 2010, 16:59 »

As I was saying there are Republic Security Services agents Levels 2,3 and 4 out there. Perhaps that could suggest a big Minmatar presence in the region?

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #7 on: 02 Dec 2010, 16:52 »

As I was saying there are Republic Security Services agents Levels 2,3 and 4 out there. Perhaps that could suggest a big Minmatar presence in the region?

Possibly. But there are RSS stations in the Amarrian empire as well. Though I suspect that's more a combination of giving the finger to the imperial authorities and distracting them from more significant intelligence assets in the empire.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.