Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Re-Awakened Technologies Inc is a Minmatar Republic loyalist corporation? Read more here

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Has Istvaan turned over a new stone?  (Read 5816 times)

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
Re: Has Istvaan turned over a new stone?
« Reply #45 on: 01 Jun 2013, 05:30 »

Whatever its needs were, they were met.

Or failed.

I wanted to address this specifically. It doesn't fail. It evolved beyond that long ago.

In the end, we aren't meant to win. We're the other guys in a Xanatos gambit where the issuer literally has foreseen all possible consequences and eventualities, and it's all according to plan *twiddle fingers*. Eve is a tale of apocalypse. Fallen empires. In the end, a pre-singularity civilization encountering one whose singularity already came and went, giving ample time for said civilization to get comfy with actual godhood. The Greeks, as it turns out, were right - Gods are dicks. The Jovians tried to lead by example, showing us what becomes of humanity when they strive toward godhood. They gave us the capsule to show us how immortality turns us murderous. We are on the side of the gate that clung to humanity, with Jovians its careful, ever-present gardeners. When that bitch cracks open, we're going to find out just how severe a mistake staying meat was. You just watch. Youuuuu just watch. DOOM! Doom comes for you all!

Oh, and before anyone else starts thinking this is a secret leak of CCP canon, please pay attention to my forum title, 'cause I'm pulling this out of my ass.

I do hope this is not the case. In my view an MMO or, come to that, any setting with a lot of players who are outside of immediate GM control is a very bad place to implement pre-determined arcs that the players have absolutely no effect on. Unless the arcs have no effect on the players that is and are merely there for colour.

Setting a grim tone is one thing. Making the whole thing lead up to some sort of SF Ragnarok is quite another.

Also, I'd be very surprised if CCP actually put real psychic powers into the game. I believe it's already been demonstrated (in Templar One IIRC) that the zombie empress gets her stuff through sufficiently advanced technology.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]