EVE-Online RP Discussion and Resources > EVE Character Development

[Character & Character Development] Teinyhr

<< < (3/3)

Teinyhr:

--- Quote from: Stutzer on 21 Apr 2017, 19:01 ---
--- Quote from: Teinyhr on 21 Apr 2017, 16:47 ---I've been mulling things over said in this thread and several others discussing minmatar spirituality and its contrast to the highly scientific society around them. And one thing among many that popped in to my head is that Teinyhr needs to be more flamboyant, maybe? I've been thinking and working on extending the story of her clan, and part of it is that many in her clan believe her to be a person from a prophecy - "The Sky Daughter" (working title) - and she has grown up as bit spoiled as a result, having things given to her more easily than she really should have worked for them. This carries on from the original idea that Teinyhrs primary character flaw is arrogance, and firm belief that she is always right.

That's without going in too much detail of what has been going on in my head, and I'm just bouncing it off of you guys, what do you think?
--- End quote ---

Well, I should first say that I really enjoy her posts on IGS (including the snark), even if my character can't necessarily agree with some of it IC.

(。•̀ᴗ-)✧ It certainly doesn't seem abnormal in terms of arrogance, which is to say, I think the way she posts is in line with what I'd expect of someone who is assured that they are right. That much seems to be in line with what you have hinted at with an upbringing high praise/high expectation. Shamanism could certainly play a role in elevating that as well through augury/prophecy, as this sort of thing is pretty well-established.

It sounds like something you could portray believably and with depth if you wanted, while maintaining a flamboyance of sorts. Just as an example, Odelya is a character who I feel walks that line pretty well.

--- End quote ---

Woop, first off thanks for the quick reply, and providing someone to look/measure up to :D (and also thanks for words of encouragement.)
I'll start working on some personal lore expansion and start updating my profile where it needs to as work progresses. Of course, the more opinions I get, the better!

Teinyhr:

--- Quote from: Stutzer on 18 Jan 2018, 11:11 ---My take on Teinyhr. I think the Daria analogy is actually somewhat apt. Then again I only know what is on IGS.
--- End quote ---

Judging from how I typically play her on IGS, that is a highly spot on trope. The only bit a bit wrong is that she does not disdain everyone as the trope says, but other than that - very fitting, even down to the page quote.

As a side note, I really do need to take a look at my character profile and start updating it with fluff I've been working on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version