EVE-Online RP Discussion and Resources > Player Driven Content

Morality of the Immor(t)al

<< < (3/3)

Vlad Cetes:
As a person, I do somewhat have a moral code.

Vlad as a character, has none. He does whatever it takes, no matter who or what he hurts. This can backfire as it can make enemies.

lallara zhuul:
Morality is a crutch for people so that they can feel good about making selfish choices.

Ciarente:

--- Quote from: lallara zhuul on 30 Apr 2010, 07:47 ---Morality is a crutch for people so that they can feel good about making selfish choices.

--- End quote ---

Without getting into generalities, certainly as far as Ciarente(c) is concerned, that's quite accurate. Much of her thinking on ethics and her personal religious convictions operate to justify her actions, rather than guide them.

Esna Pitoojee:
I've been trying to figure out how to phrase this for a few days, and I think I've got it down now.

Esna is a rather religous person. You won't hear about it a lot if your character isn't religious and/or loyalist, because he long ago figured out that throwing the bible at people whose views on religion ranged from neutral to negative isn't a way of making friends. However, his actions often do reflect his religious views, which in turn restrict his actions to ones he can rationalize as somehow helping the Empire or the Amarrian religion.

This can still mean a fairly wide range of actions, from joining a nullsec alliance (rationalized as allowing him to let off his self-admitted lust for battle in an environment where those involved have chosen to fight, as well as giving him a location to operate from where he is out of reach of most freedom fighter/terrorist types) to actually engaging forces loyal to a specific Holder in battle (Holder in question was selling illegally captured slaves. Esna engaged them on the basis that legal issues aside, this Holder was responsible for furthering the "we are coming to steal you, your family, and your family's family" reputation Amarrians have).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version