Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that Scagga once lost 800,000,000 isk in one night due to his gambling problem?

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Question for da masses  (Read 3950 times)

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
Re: Question for da masses
« Reply #15 on: 04 Apr 2013, 17:34 »

Syndicate loyalists? I know none.

Might be boring to play a Syndicate loyalist alone though.

The girlfriend is coming along for the ride. She likes EVE and despite being super shy talking to people she can't see in chats, does want to give EVE RP a try.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon

Desiderya

« Reply #16 on: 05 Apr 2013, 00:17 »

You know the thing about the good caldari patriots, space violence and a love or kresh vodka (and butter).

But seriously - this is something that you have to decide. Positioning myself in your shoes I wouldn't know whether to reactivate or start freshly. Everything has its merit, although I'd point out that when your other half is starting freshly and you're intending to go - RP / ingame wise - into the same direction it could be more interesting to both start at zero.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #17 on: 05 Apr 2013, 00:23 »

Syndicate loyalists? I know none.

Might be boring to play a Syndicate loyalist alone though.

This was actually my first thought. There might not be other Syndicate loyalists, but like the Syndicate itself, you could have interesting relationships with other entities. Particularly any Serp/Angel RPers and with Fed, Mordu, or other Intaki RPers.

Edit: I do have something of a bias toward the Syndicate being awesome, though.

Sepherim

• Omelette
  • Too fucking serious for himself... or not
    • The Chronicles of Sepherim Catillah
« Reply #18 on: 05 Apr 2013, 09:04 »

Since I don't know the characters, I'm not voting. But you should chose the one that makes your mind blow up with more cool ideas.

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #19 on: 05 Apr 2013, 11:45 »

I tried playing a Syndicate loyalist at one point, and had a huge pile of fun doing it. GoGo did the same (with much more success than I). I think both of us got out of the racket because of the lack of other folks to be Syndicate loyalists with. I think if you come with a ready-made pair of Syndicate loyalists, you could do some interesting things.

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #20 on: 05 Apr 2013, 14:47 »

I've wondered if anyone has ever played something based off of Zazzmatazz or the Seven.  Swashbuckling gallente holo-stars!  :yar:

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #21 on: 05 Apr 2013, 17:21 »

Do all three.  While Im not sure im going to resub next week - I just started a new character and its been fun.
« Last Edit: 05 Apr 2013, 17:25 by Hamish Grayson »

Ember Vykos

• Pod Captain
« Reply #22 on: 05 Apr 2013, 18:15 »

Do all three.  While Im not sure im going to resub next week - I just started a new character and its been fun.

Caldari, or did you go with a different faction? Also glad to hear you're back in game.

As an update we're thinking possible pirate faction or Republic loyalists that aren't really concerned with the tribes. Still working on things though. Character planning is and has always been my favorite part of RP.  :D

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #23 on: 05 Apr 2013, 20:20 »

Thukkers who aren't really into the new reintegration with the Republic thing?

Ember Vykos

• Pod Captain
« Reply #24 on: 05 Apr 2013, 20:49 »

Thukkers who aren't really into the new reintegration with the Republic thing?

Possible. That or former Republic Military that are more concerned with the actual Republic rather than their tribe affiliations. That part is still kinda up in the air, but we did decide on being Matari.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #25 on: 05 Apr 2013, 22:18 »

I've considered doing a thukker character a time or two - seems like an interesting subfaction that is under-represented.

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #26 on: 06 Apr 2013, 08:12 »

Caldari, or did you go with a different faction? Also glad to hear you're back in game.

As an update we're thinking possible pirate faction or Republic loyalists that aren't really concerned with the tribes. Still working on things though. Character planning is and has always been my favorite part of RP.  :D

It's a Caldari character but I'm not sure I want to do more than very lite RP with it.  I kind of want to play extremely casually (oxymoron)  while still seeing how far I can take a character/corp/alliance without the shackles of RP limiting what can be achieved.

If I play Eve smart, with the new tools available how far can I get.   

I have an idea for Ember and/or Simca that would allow you easy casual PvP and doesn't require that you invest anymore skillpoints in them if your interested.    It would free you up to make the new character your main.   It would also give you a chance to meet and network with a lot of people outside the RP community while not forsaking RP or those character's back stories.   

It would also be a great way to teach your girlfriend about eve and PvP now that I think about it.

Ember Vykos

• Pod Captain
« Reply #27 on: 06 Apr 2013, 09:02 »

It's a Caldari character but I'm not sure I want to do more than very lite RP with it.  I kind of want to play extremely casually (oxymoron)  while still seeing how far I can take a character/corp/alliance without the shackles of RP limiting what can be achieved.

If I play Eve smart, with the new tools available how far can I get.   

I have an idea for Ember and/or Simca that would allow you easy casual PvP and doesn't require that you invest anymore skillpoints in them if your interested.    It would free you up to make the new character your main.   It would also give you a chance to meet and network with a lot of people outside the RP community while not forsaking RP or those character's back stories.   

It would also be a great way to teach your girlfriend about eve and PvP now that I think about it.

Color me interested.  :D Care to PM me the details or post em here if ya don't care?
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #28 on: 07 Apr 2013, 16:41 »

My response was entirely selfish. I said bring back Simca because I want you back in I-RED.

Ember Vykos

• Pod Captain
« Reply #29 on: 07 Apr 2013, 23:42 »

:cube: :cube: :cube: :cube: :cube:
My response was entirely selfish. I said bring back Simca because I want you back in I-RED.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Pages: 1 [2] 3