Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that the Solteur-class titans are not the same as the Erebus-class titans piloted by Capsuleers?

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Question for da masses  (Read 3949 times)

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
Question for da masses
« on: 03 Apr 2013, 20:58 »

Just curious mainly. I have some ideas in my head about a lot of different characters, but my return is delayed a bit cause doing a group project with a group that doesn't do work makes for a bitter and stressed me.  :bash:

I am requesting that if you choose the new character option you give some of the things you think are lacking in EVE RP today. I did a similar thing when I made Simca (thanks for the Mordu idea Hamish) and had a blast with it, so wondering what else is lacking. Not that I will or wont use it, but it's nice to hear things I haven't thought about.

Also if you choose option 4 you are a troll and a bad person.  :lol:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon

Vincent Pryce

Re: Question for da masses
« Reply #1 on: 03 Apr 2013, 22:09 »

Bring back 80's speed metal. Also Ember.

ArtOfLight

• Retired Combat Pilot
  • Omelette
  • Bright Stars, Clear Horizons
« Reply #2 on: 04 Apr 2013, 05:14 »

I never got to know Ember (not even sure I've met her), and I barely got to know Simca.

I voted "start a new character" simply because I don't know either of your current characters well enough to provide compelling reasons to return to them. (Sorry, this is not meant as an insult to you so much as a sadness on my part for not knowing them).

As far as what's lacking? A reasonable, moderate voice for the Federation is in DIRE need today. Always the need for good pirates, Serpentis and Gurista could both use some more representation. The Blood Raiders are...well, less pirate and more cult but hey if that's your thing, they could use some representation as well.

State Practicals are also somewhat in short supply at the moment. Non-PIE Amarr (this is not an insult to PIE just an observation that most Amarr RPers are part of PIE right now). Perhaps a Republic loyal Minmatar (most appear to be tribalists at the moment). That's the best of my observations at the moment and they're probably not as informed as some others.
"A man's courage can be measured by what he does, his wisdom by what he chooses not to do and his character by the sum of both."

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #3 on: 04 Apr 2013, 05:40 »

I think you know my wildly biased opinion. Even so, starting a new character seemed to be what you really wanted to do earlier. If I'm not mistaken, Ember has even more SP than Simca did, and made for a more flexible character to 'bring back'. Simca, if brought back, would be literally coming back from the dead, and if she had any contact with or remembers Katrina - would be coming back to a lot of IC drama too, which might not be much fun at all. I'd have to say options #1 or #3, but I am biased..

Whatever the case, don't quit EVE. :P

Ember Vykos

• Pod Captain
« Reply #4 on: 04 Apr 2013, 05:41 »

Thanks Art. I've always liked the Blooders, and they are one of the factions I had an idea for, kinda like the necromongers if you've seen the Riddick movies. Pirate is a real possibility though as I do love the lifestyle. Practical bloc or Gallente was also in my head (are you sure you're not reading it or something :eek:)

And no insult taken both of them were good characters and I love them both. Maybe you'll get the chance to meet em someday.  :D
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #5 on: 04 Apr 2013, 05:46 »

Though, your avatar makes me want to see RBD again.

Vaun Erryk

« Reply #6 on: 04 Apr 2013, 05:54 »

This isn't really something best put to a poll.

Your RP (and your time in EVE overall) is your leisure time; you should be picking a route that you'd enjoy, rather than one that people say that they'd enjoy. My advice is figure out what in the game you want to be doing, and work backwards from that to figure out the character: I enjoyed playing the NOH-employed Vaun a lot, but without the time to work with his industrial outlook in anything more complex than station trading I burned out fucking fast. Likewise for Kyber; I enjoyed the character and ran out of things to do mechanically.

tl;dr pick what you like to do IG, choose or make a character to fit that.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #7 on: 04 Apr 2013, 06:06 »

Syndicate loyalists? I know none.

Might be boring to play a Syndicate loyalist alone though.

Ember Vykos

• Pod Captain
« Reply #8 on: 04 Apr 2013, 06:08 »

This isn't really something best put to a poll.

Your RP (and your time in EVE overall) is your leisure time; you should be picking a route that you'd enjoy, rather than one that people say that they'd enjoy. My advice is figure out what in the game you want to be doing, and work backwards from that to figure out the character: I enjoyed playing the NOH-employed Vaun a lot, but without the time to work with his industrial outlook in anything more complex than station trading I burned out fucking fast. Likewise for Kyber; I enjoyed the character and ran out of things to do mechanically.

tl;dr pick what you like to do IG, choose or make a character to fit that.

:D

I like doing pretty much anything that not industry related lol. I can RP just about anything, and regardless of what happens with the poll I will, of course, do what will make me happy. This is just part of my brainstorming process. I have my own ideas, but I like hearing what other people think as well. It makes me think about my own ideas and also leads me in new directions that I may have never thought of. Thanks for the response.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Vaun Erryk

« Reply #9 on: 04 Apr 2013, 06:14 »

Fair enough. Before I let Vaun desub, I seem to recall a fair few groups being thin on the ground. The Practical bloc wasn't the busiest thing, Serpentis were kinda quiet, Mordu's and the Syndicate seemed nonexistent, Republic RP seemed mostly tribal, and I don't recall much Federal stuff at all.

Caveat lector: these have probably been misremembered and have probably changed by now anyway.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #10 on: 04 Apr 2013, 06:30 »

I think you know my wildly biased opinion. Even so, starting a new character seemed to be what you really wanted to do earlier. If I'm not mistaken, Ember has even more SP than Simca did, and made for a more flexible character to 'bring back'. Simca, if brought back, would be literally coming back from the dead, and if she had any contact with or remembers Katrina - would be coming back to a lot of IC drama too, which might not be much fun at all. I'd have to say options #1 or #3, but I am biased..

Whatever the case, don't quit EVE. :P

Having been in a similar position to the current one w/r/t SimKat, I'd actually take the opposite stance - it might be drama, yes, but it actually could be interesting, character-building drama to explore how the two (three, really, if we count Erys) of them process and come to terms with what happened as well as its aftermath.

(That Simca's the only one of the two that I would have already-existing reasons to interact with on Morwen is beside the point, but :P)

In the end, definitely do what you want.

There's some new Mordus stuff floating around these days, though, both in forms of at least one corporation, and storyline stuff with Caldari Prime, so if you wanted to get back into that, keep it in mind.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Natalcya Katla

• Captain farkin' Cardboard
  • Omelette
« Reply #11 on: 04 Apr 2013, 07:06 »

Play an Interbus taxi shuttle pilot. Ferry other capsuleers to and from their social gatherings. Be a witness to their joys and sorrows, anxieties and quarrels. Be a fly on the wall or a confidant for an hour. Be the person who gets yelled at when you take that shortcut through low-sec - or alternatively, when you don't. Dream about the day when somebody will jump in your shuttle and tell you to "follow that ship", but don't seriously entertain the notion that it will ever actually happen. Work late nights because you have a troubled family life, which you don't talk about much. Smoke.

Perhaps, when your day is done, you will find yourself lingering in a run-down, all-night-open station diner, still reluctant to go home before you absolutely have to. Perhaps, to pass the time as the hours go by, you will write a journal or diary of sorts, about your capsuleer passengers and their joys and sorrows, anxieties and quarrels. Perhaps, to take your mind off your own life, you will make up little stories about theirs, about what happened with them after they stepped out of the tiny, borrowed world of your shuttle, back into the wider world beyond. Perhaps they all have happy endings, happier than they could have made for themselves, happier than you could have made for yourself. Perhaps you dream of getting published one day.

Perhaps, one day, you will.
Ava Starfire > There is evil.
Ava Starfire > Outright evil.
Ruby Amatucci > Hello!

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #12 on: 04 Apr 2013, 07:19 »

And then, one day, you pick up a passenger who asks you to ferry him from one location to another, asking you to wait outside each one.  A little unusual perhaps, but the money is good and the work is easy.

And then a body drops onto the hood of your car...
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #13 on: 04 Apr 2013, 07:22 »

Natalcya, your mind is a very special place.

Not. Just. Empty. Quoting. :lol:
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Natalcya Katla

• Captain farkin' Cardboard
  • Omelette
« Reply #14 on: 04 Apr 2013, 07:31 »

Natalcya, your mind is a very special place.

Not. Just. Empty. Quoting. :lol:

:cube:
Ava Starfire > There is evil.
Ava Starfire > Outright evil.
Ruby Amatucci > Hello!
Pages: [1] 2 3