EVE-Online RP Discussion and Resources > EVE Character Development

[Character] Valdezi

<< < (2/3) > >>

Valdezi:
So I have been doing some development of Val and I thought I might lay out some of the elements of his arc here.

So, obviously the Silas Vitalia unrequited love has been a factor in his character, but as the terrible lady herself has undergone change, so has Valdezi. He has always been devout, but not in a sense that he flaunts this devotion in front of others. I wrote him into an earlier story: http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?topic=1828.0 as a supporting character reading about Tetrimon and this is an idea I wanted to develop, but wasn't sure how it would happen.

When Silas turned Sabik, Val was torn. Nothing about the woman that he liked (power, looks, scornful tone) had changed, and yet he knew in his heart something was wrong. He didn't get the chance to pursue things that night and escaped Silas' mansion with Kat.

Over time, doubt began to grow in his heart. He was still content to accept an invitation to Silas' book launch, with Kat and Simca by his side, to see once and for all whether he could win the lady over. However, he was again rejected by Silas.

However, as some of you know, Aldrith crashed that party by delivering a head to Silas and then lighting himself on fire, an event which served as a dire example to Val of the cost of trying to push aside the moral doubts he had been feeling. He knew it in that moment that Aldrith stared out righteously, wreathed in flame. Valdezi could not continue down this path.

So he left the party quickly, holding back Kat from jumping into the fire and renounced any connection with Silas Vitalia or Sani Sabik ever again. He decided embrace his chivalric duty as a Cyberknight to God and to Honour. He swore to destroy any Sabik he could. Especially if that turned out to be the woman who spurned him.

This has been a fun transition to play. He has been engaging in some more Chivalric activities (Rapier duels, chasing fiends and villains like Silas and Ghost, Protecting the weak and innocent) and some more old-school Valdezi activities (one-night stands with mystery ladies).

Malcolm Khross:
Ah Valdezi...

Malcolm doesn't know him well, but what little bit he does know makes him fond of the guy. They could probably get along quite well, all things considered, especially with Val's new direction.

Katrina Oniseki:
Kat luffs her big bro. <3

Seriously though, I really enjoy the Katrina/Valdezi dynamic. Despite the two effectively being equals in all but experience and yet so different in culture, it's amusing how Katrina has settled into accepting a foreigner - a Khanid - as a sort of elder brother. Val plays the role perfectly too.

Many props to one of my favorite characters and players in the scene, Val.

DON'T LEAVE OR I WILL FIND YOU AND CUT YOU.

Lyn Farel:

--- Quote from: Mammal Tafren on 16 Jul 2012, 07:12 ---However, as some of you know, Aldrith crashed that party by delivering a head to Silas and then lighting himself on fire, an event which served as a dire example to Val of the cost of trying to push aside the moral doubts he had been feeling. He knew it in that moment that Aldrith stared out righteously, wreathed in flame.

--- End quote ---

:eek:

Morwen Lagann:

--- Quote from: Lyn Farel on 16 Jul 2012, 09:02 ---
--- Quote from: Mammal Tafren on 16 Jul 2012, 07:12 ---However, as some of you know, Aldrith crashed that party by delivering a head to Silas and then lighting himself on fire, an event which served as a dire example to Val of the cost of trying to push aside the moral doubts he had been feeling. He knew it in that moment that Aldrith stared out righteously, wreathed in flame.

--- End quote ---

:eek:

--- End quote ---

Aldy has acquired quite the taste for pyromania over the last few years. Almost as if it's a fetish. >.>

(I blame Vince.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version