Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Mindflood, a sedative booster, is taken by pouring liquid from a vial onto a cloth, placing it over one's mouth, and inhaling the fumes? (The Burning Life p 38)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: [Character] Malcolm Khross  (Read 12538 times)

Gessenier

Re: [Character] Malcolm Khross
« Reply #45 on: 05 Jul 2012, 09:57 »

Alright, so reading a lot into what people expect from the Caldari, I'm under the impression that I've apparently been playing my character "un-Caldari" like.

Personally, I see Malcolm acting very much like the Dissenters in the Civire background. Proud of what it means to be a Caldari, a traditionalist at heart, and a man that loves his people but that finds those aspects difficult to reconcile with the Megacorporate realpolitik of the State and other current political aspects of the State. Just my perspective anyway. He also has a proper Caldari chin from what I can see, so it's hard not to go wrong there.

Everyone's got their own opinions and perspectives on things anyway, what can you do? My characters probably don't fit into some peoples conception of what it means to be a Gallente because they don't wear transparent plastic underwear on their head and go on fashion parades or something.

I like Malcolm. He's replaced Nederland-haan as Mjalnar's chin-fighting nemesis in public. *shakes fist*

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #46 on: 05 Jul 2012, 11:41 »

He also has a proper Caldari chin from what I can see, so it's hard not to go wrong there.
The importance of this cannot be emphasized enough.

My characters probably don't fit into some peoples conception of what it means to be a Gallente because they don't wear transparent plastic underwear on their head and go on fashion parades or something.
Oddly specific denial.
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #47 on: 05 Jul 2012, 11:52 »

My characters probably don't fit into some peoples conception of what it means to be a Gallente because they don't wear transparent plastic underwear on their head and go on fashion parades or something.
Oddly specific denial.

It was before your time, Makkal. Back in our day, characters' hairstyles came with odd headwear whether we liked it or not - for the Gallente this included what we often referred to as plastic fishbowls. :P
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #48 on: 05 Jul 2012, 11:55 »

And transparent blouses. This in itself is not a bad thing.

Jev North

« Reply #49 on: 05 Jul 2012, 11:59 »

It strikes me that Malcolm might have had to fight for his Caldari-ness a little, and that this might not be an altogether bad thing.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #50 on: 05 Jul 2012, 19:00 »

Oddly specific denial.

It was before your time, Makkal. Back in our day, characters' hairstyles came with odd headwear whether we liked it or not - for the Gallente this included what we often referred to as plastic fishbowls. :P

http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?topic=3278.msg50689#msg50689

Example number 2 is what your looking for as an example. Feast your eyes on the horrors of the by-gone age!

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #51 on: 05 Jul 2012, 19:26 »

I think very few people play a "proper PF" Caldari anyway...

No one's going to want to roleplay with a jackbooted ALL GLORY TO THE STATE type. In fact, I seriously doubt a "proper" Caldari would ever log onto a place like the Summit to talk to a bunch of foreigners, or visit a bar full of baseline decadence instead of spartan refinement.

Malcolm Khross

« Reply #52 on: 05 Jul 2012, 19:34 »

I think very few people play a "proper PF" Caldari anyway...

No one's going to want to roleplay with a jackbooted ALL GLORY TO THE STATE type. In fact, I seriously doubt a "proper" Caldari would ever log onto a place like the Summit to talk to a bunch of foreigners, or visit a bar full of baseline decadence instead of spartan refinement.

I don't really get this picture of the Caldari in the PF, to be honest.

They aren't really described as xenophobic, mostly they are just very insular. They also interact with outsiders quite often in PF and tend to respect the laws of whatever land they're in. I imagine they're simply awkward to deal with from an outside perspective as their mindset is very unusual to most  people.

Gessenier

« Reply #53 on: 05 Jul 2012, 21:25 »

I just think the Caldari have a very Hellenic mindset in that even though they're willing to fight each other and raze each others crops every summer if a bunch of Persians threaten them they're willing to unite together and say, "This. Is. Caldari. STATE!" And then proceed to kick people into wells etc.

Malcolm Khross

« Reply #54 on: 06 Jul 2012, 04:29 »

I just think the Caldari have a very Hellenic mindset in that even though they're willing to fight each other and raze each others crops every summer if a bunch of Persians threaten them they're willing to unite together and say, "This. Is. Caldari. STATE!" And then proceed to kick people into wells etc.

This sounds about accurate, yes.

Ryven Krennel

• Wetgraver
« Reply #55 on: 11 Aug 2012, 08:10 »

So, you are back, huh?

Rin Kaelestria

• Egger
  • The fluffly Rinyan!
« Reply #56 on: 11 Aug 2012, 11:27 »

Yes and no. The person is back, hence the yes. Though Mal was, I guess, rerecently put back onto the backburner, as he's now playing an Amarrian priest turned capsuleer.

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #57 on: 11 Aug 2012, 11:31 »

The Wiyrkomi Honor Guard, however, is not on a backburner.  We are active and pewing.

Ryven Krennel

• Wetgraver
« Reply #58 on: 11 Aug 2012, 21:41 »

Yes and no. The person is back, hence the yes. Though Mal was, I guess, rerecently put back onto the backburner, as he's now playing an Amarrian priest turned capsuleer.

Oh?  Name?

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6