Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The founder of Zainou Biotech, Todo Kirkinen, was the first person to have his mind transfered into a machine? Ishukone owns a majority stake of Zainou.

Author Topic: Hi o/ EVE audiobooks  (Read 914 times)

Tryaz

• Clonejack
  • Narrator of the Chronicles of New Eden audiobooks
    • Chronicles of New Eden
Hi o/ EVE audiobooks
« on: 24 Apr 2013, 14:37 »

Hi there,

My name's Tryaz and I've just started a project to record the fiction of EVE online https://soundcloud.com/chroniclesofneweden
I just read the community spotlight on this website two minutes ago and knew I had to run over here and introduce myself. I'm really excited to be talking to you guys about the lore of EVE and hope it can help me to improve my audiobooks.

If you manage a listen to one of my recordings I'd love some feedback, please feel free to get in touch any way you like.

Tryaz
Have a listen to one of my fiction recordings at www.soundcloud.com/chroniclesofneweden

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
Re: Hi o/ EVE audiobooks
« Reply #1 on: 24 Apr 2013, 14:52 »

Hello, Tryaz, and welcome to the site!

I have not seen your project before, but I will poke at it now when I have the chance!
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #2 on: 24 Apr 2013, 15:05 »

Welcome backstage.
A narator is also an actor, no? ;)

Anyway, about the intro music, I would get rid of it, or alternatively replace it with something more appropriate for the story you are reading, as it does not put me in the right...mood.
For the rest its all good, apart from some minor technical sound stuff (the sudden silences between sentences).
-OOChé

Tryaz

• Clonejack
    • Chronicles of New Eden
« Reply #3 on: 24 Apr 2013, 15:41 »

Thanks for the welcoming guys :D and for having a listen to the recordings. If you've a suggestion for a chronicle you'd like to hear I'd be happy to receive it and really interested to start a discussion about interpretation of a future recording, though perhaps that's best left for the forum proper.
I really want to record Jita 4-4 soon but I think I'm going to record Inferno tonight.

Thanks for the feedback Ché Biko I'm surprised you felt that way about the intro music, I'm rather attached to it. If I get more feedback in the same vein and do remove it I'll make sure to come find you and claim my booby prize of an "I told you so" :P
Was it during Aura that you noticed those silences? I've certainly noticed them retrospectivley :D I think it was over zealous muting of the background noise on my part when I cut the story together (I recorded the two threads of the story seperately), I'm still getting used to this editing business. Your comments are hugely appreciated, thanks very much man.

See you both in the forums o/
Have a listen to one of my fiction recordings at www.soundcloud.com/chroniclesofneweden

Adreena Madeveda

• What's your favourite thing about space ?
  • Egger
  • Mine is space.
    • A Blog !
« Reply #4 on: 24 Apr 2013, 15:50 »

A narrator is also an actor, no? ;)

Nope ! nope nope nope. Never. Please ? ^^
Reading aloud is very different from acting -a subject I'm rather passionate about, so I won't annoy anyone with a tedious rant :)

Anyway : welcome ! I'm listening your readings right now, I'll share whatever useful feedback I may have later :)
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more; it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Shakespeare, Macbecth

Tryaz

• Clonejack
    • Chronicles of New Eden
« Reply #5 on: 24 Apr 2013, 15:59 »

Great! Thanks for listening Adreena Madeveda

Look forward to hearing what you think

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #6 on: 25 Apr 2013, 04:08 »

Was it during Aura that you noticed those silences?
Yes.
A narrator is also an actor, no? ;)
Nope ! nope nope nope. Never. Please ? ^^
Reading aloud is very different from acting -a subject I'm rather passionate about, so I won't annoy anyone with a tedious rant :)
I was only inferring he was welcome to mingle with us.
I probably agree with you that some, or even most narrators are not actors, but there are some who qualify, especially if the narrator is "played" by an actor.

And uhm...typing emotes isn't acting either. :P
-OOChé

Adreena Madeveda

• What's your favourite thing about space ?
  • Egger
  • Mine is space.
    • A Blog !
« Reply #7 on: 25 Apr 2013, 05:04 »

Oh ! My apologies, Che : it seems I misunderstood what you were implying with "narrators and actors" :)

@Tryaz
My main complaint would be the blank noise : a mere technical issue, it doesn't hamper the understanding of the text, but it's a tad disruptive.

Other than that : good pace, good delivery, you're reading it rather than playing it : all things /me likes.
And more importantly, you seem to enjoy making those audio readings :)
« Last Edit: 25 Apr 2013, 06:59 by Adreena Madeveda »
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more; it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Shakespeare, Macbecth

Tryaz

• Clonejack
    • Chronicles of New Eden
« Reply #8 on: 25 Apr 2013, 06:52 »

Thanks Adreena,

Yeah I think that's my computer fan, I need to shield it/turn it off. Hope to get another recording up today. Any favourite chronicles I could have a look at?