Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ladette Russeot is a Gallentean woman who in YC106, at age 17, hacked the code used by deadspace warp beacons that had been proclaimed unhackable just days before.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: EVE Rubicon  (Read 20506 times)

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
Re: EVE Rubicon
« Reply #45 on: 27 Sep 2013, 11:42 »

Is always the question really, would have to find something interesting to do though, most of my posthuman anarchist companions have gone to sleep or drifted away...
Given Havo's newfound lack of :care: about slavery in general, I wouldn't mind flying with you again in some capacity, though I suppose that having Titan-bridged BS fleets onto unsuspecting everybody you've pretty much done it all.

Still, if you do figure out some new thing to do in Eve and it involves shooting people in the face, don't hesitate to drop me a line.  We've always held different views on the IC/OOC thing, but I've never made any secret of the fact that I hold no OOC enmity towards you and continue to consider you a friend who was fun to play Eve with.   :cube:

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Ashley

• Wetgraver
« Reply #46 on: 27 Sep 2013, 12:23 »

Pretty cool, but then again it can go all Odyssey quite fast.
Hopefully they won't allow people in NPC corps deploy  this new structures or make attacking them unconcordable, but then how much will this structures cost and how quick can they be deployed and more importantly are Deploy Mobile Structures scannable.

btw. we will probably see new corpses models with tubes and Vargur will have a retractable mohawk. =D

Jekaterine

• Like the wind
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
  • Wandering the halls of Chatsubo
« Reply #47 on: 27 Sep 2013, 12:25 »

Not sure a wardec will be necessary, there was the throwaway comment of "CONCORD won't Police these"

Honestly solo play isn't dead, but it's certainly being made more hands on and less passive, which to be honest I'm finding to be a good thing.

This was in response to the new solo POS thingies (Siphon,home away from home and tractor beamie).
I am pretty sure I heard that war dec rules would apply to POCO:s in hi sec. Even if they didn't player owned POCO:s have a reinforcement timer. No mention was made to do away with that far as I heard.

If I was Mittens I'd launch Operation LolPI as soon as the servers go up. Free hi sec fights while laughing uproariously at those paying the war dec fee and then having to form up at a time of the Goons choosing.
To good an opportunity to pass up tbh.
Plenty of boasting can be done as well.

Quote from: Ciarente the beatific, patron saint of moderators big and small
ban ban ban

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
  • Beware of Geeks bearing GIFs.
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #48 on: 27 Sep 2013, 20:02 »

Nah it was also for Highsec POCOs, because you need to shoot the ones already up.
"I blame society for anything I've said that you disagree with."

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #49 on: 27 Sep 2013, 20:57 »

Interesting.

SOE ships are nice. Stargate building promises fun, in theory, but in practice it's really just a highpriced way to have some sociopathic jerk kick you right in the daddybag. Sounds like it could be fun to be a sociopathic jerk. Why can't I make a world burn, yet? ;)

The little structures are a bit meh, 'specially for FW systems. Just giving people something to shoot that they can actually find, isn't it? Can't imagine us ever using any of this stuff. Meanwhile the FW mechanics of FW are lolsilly - good job it still makes it relatively easy to find fights.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #50 on: 27 Sep 2013, 20:59 »

Nah it was also for Highsec POCOs, because you need to shoot the ones already up.

Thing is, if you don't need a wardec to shoot at them, does it give you agro? Or would you be able to shoot them and be immune to defenders at the same time?

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #51 on: 27 Sep 2013, 22:38 »

Is always the question really, would have to find something interesting to do though, most of my posthuman anarchist companions have gone to sleep or drifted away...

Start over again.

It's not as hard as you might imagine.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #52 on: 27 Sep 2013, 22:41 »

Thing is, if you don't need a wardec to shoot at them, does it give you agro? Or would you be able to shoot them and be immune to defenders at the same time?

tl;dr was that you can shoot at them without a wardec up, but you will get a suspect flag.

If you have a wardec with the owner, nothing out of the ordinary happens.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #53 on: 09 Oct 2013, 13:45 »

The Rapid Heavy Missile Launchers look awesome.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #54 on: 09 Oct 2013, 18:43 »

Late to this thread:

Has anyone been looking into the 'capsuleers have wrestled control of the high sec customs offices' from PF point of view? 

This expansion seems to be a theme of capsuleers becoming more powerful, has it been hinted to what extent this will relate with CONCORD, the Empires, et all? 

This remains sort of my top PF bugaboo these days, the nebulous interaction/restrictions/who knows what between CONCORD/the empires/capsuleers.   

If capsuleers are forcing the empires to let them control the customs offices, concord is not stepping in? What's going on?

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #55 on: 09 Oct 2013, 19:07 »

Virtually nothing has been said so far. We're not the only ones who have noticed this either; someone on Reddit responded to the initial announcement thread with a post along the lines of "You know, I live in null and don't RP at all, but I don't get how we're supposed to be disconected from the NPCs [empires] while we do 90%+ of our manufacturing in their owned bays."
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #56 on: 09 Oct 2013, 19:34 »

Likely the POCOs are just 'one' of their kind. Likely the locals have their own that we can't see?

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #57 on: 09 Oct 2013, 21:38 »

Almost certainly for any reasonably developed planet, if only for the very simple reason that a single office couldn't be easily reachable from more than 50% of a planet's surface at any given time. Descending to the far side would be easier, but for ascension you'd either spend a lot of time waiting on proper launch windows or consume a ton of fuel doing launches outside of the opportune windows. So, as said, if the planet is reasonably developed, you're probably going to get at least 2-3 offices up soon enough... and the most undeveloped empire planets are probably in lowsec anyhow, where we've had the run of our own offices for ages.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #58 on: 09 Oct 2013, 23:31 »

Almost certainly for any reasonably developed planet, if only for the very simple reason that a single office couldn't be easily reachable from more than 50% of a planet's surface at any given time. Descending to the far side would be easier, but for ascension you'd either spend a lot of time waiting on proper launch windows or consume a ton of fuel doing launches outside of the opportune windows. So, as said, if the planet is reasonably developed, you're probably going to get at least 2-3 offices up soon enough... and the most undeveloped empire planets are probably in lowsec anyhow, where we've had the run of our own offices for ages.

This assumes that a reasonably developed planet relies on chemical rockets to put stuff into orbit.

I think DUST throws that concept out the window considering the existence of War Barges.

If it wasn't already questionable considering FTL drives and the amount of energy involved in accelerating even the simple frigate to  non-MWD speeds.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #59 on: 10 Oct 2013, 08:53 »

This assumes that a reasonably developed planet relies on chemical rockets to put stuff into orbit.

I think DUST throws that concept out the window considering the existence of War Barges.

If it wasn't already questionable considering FTL drives and the amount of energy involved in accelerating even the simple frigate to  non-MWD speeds.

Someone might have the right reference, but I thought the more... fancy planet-to-space transport methods were reserved for those who could afford it?  I thought the majority of planetside transfers were through things like space elevators and the like? especially for cargo?

This is an area of eve PF I'm pretty weak on.  It looks like we have artificial gravity on spaceships, warp drive, hovercars, floating Amarr chairs, but also plenty of things to reference a lack of anti-gravity sorts of equipment in other areas?

I am r confused.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10