Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

In YC110 Mixed Metaphor corporation declared war to stop distribution of the NHB Ultra Happy Chip™? It didn't work out.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Real me  (Read 2409 times)

Jikahr

• Egger
  • Grumpy Cat Amarr
Re: Real me
« Reply #15 on: 03 Nov 2014, 21:52 »

Anyanka is a bit of a hermit now. ICly taking a year long vow of silence, not using Interbus, being perma-banned from Eve forums, refusing to use the The Summit, logging into Singularity more than Tranquility, etc.

Trying breathe more life into Anyanka before she speaks again. I will put up more lore for her occasionally. It might not be that great because I'm a pretty shit writer. It might be interesting though and if you think so, I invite you and/or anyone interested to contact me here if you'd like to be involved.

If you think you are a bad writer, the only way to improve is through practice.

"Dare to Be Bad
And so, in order to be a good writer, I have to be willing to be a bad writer. I have to be willing to let my thoughts and images be as contradictory as the evening firing its fireworks outside my window. In other words, let it all in--every little detail that catches your fancy. You can sort it out later--if it needs any sorting.
(Julia Cameron, The Right to Write: An Invitation and Initiation Into the Writing Life, 2000)"

http://grammar.about.com/od/advicefromthepros/f/goodwritersandbad.htm

You have at least, demonstrated a passion for the EVE lore, and for the Blood Raider lore in particular. It takes courage to stand on your own, and personal sacrifice to choose a path that is lonely and unproven. Others might fault you for creating a superficial, stereotypical character, but we all start from somewhere. Every oak was once an acorn.

Since you seem to be going solo for the moment, I thought I would bring this article to your attention.

Solo wormhole piracy as a career. You can start off in a cloaky stealth bomber ganking targets, and work your way up to setting up a large POS, with P.I. and farming the system. I suppose a Blood Raider would also probably enslave, kill and eat any of the people found on an Earth like planet. You could build up ISK over time, and even start up your own Blood Raider corp.

A wormhole travels from system to system, so it's a ready made staging system for smash and grab raids. :yar:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2009/08/16/eve-evolved-wormhole-piracy-101/
Currently training Verbosity to level V.

Anyanka Funk

« Reply #16 on: 04 Nov 2014, 00:17 »

Jikahr, both wonderful articles you linked, thanks!

As for self confidence and Anyanka's character development. I have a similar analogy that I can use both ic and ooc for her. She is like a lotus flower. Her actions before her vow of silence was her seed stage. In the dirt or mud, vying for whatever blood she could take. She was a savage and spiritually still just a seed buried, immersed in darkness,  trying to project out as much as she could to grow.  Her silence is the growth. Seeing that being loud was not particularly beneficial to her growth she is now taking time to self reflect. This would be her sprouting spiritually. Still just in the water that surrounds her, yet without speaking or projecting, she can see more clearly than when she was in the mud. Next year, hopefully, she will bloom and become spiritually enlightened. Coming out of the water, the silence, and into the light. Having an unnatural affinity with all living things just as all elite Blood Raiders have.  :twisted: (pf)

As for solo Anoikis piracy.  Just look at Anyanka's entire 2013 killboard. Sure, it was not RP. It's still what formed Anyanka into what she is today. She works for the Covenant in Delve. Delve is her home now. If there are any raids to other regions they are going to have reasons that will benefit the Covenant.
« Last Edit: 04 Nov 2014, 00:37 by Anyanka Funk »

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #17 on: 14 Nov 2014, 11:40 »

Welcome again.

I don't dare to pick up Vince's torch... and pitchfork.
-OOChé
Pages: 1 [2]